DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I keep mine on my person when I can. However, there are places where I cannot enter armed, so it goes in a nice, steel Tuffy Security Console, similar to the one @wyatt209 has. This thing is fairly tough. I'm currently working on another solution that would be even harder to penetrate, should someone try, but for now, this is better than pretty much all OEM storage that a Jeep or other vehicle offers. My JK has an even stronger steel security drawer under the driver's seat that is bolted down. It is made of significantly thicker steel than the console in the JL.

aaMcQcK.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually don't have any guns anymore. They were all lost in a tragic boating accident. I hit my head, too, so I don't even remember the lake or ocean where it happened. Silly me.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually don't have any guns anymore. They were all lost in a tragic boating accident. I hit my head, too, so I don't even remember the lake or ocean where it happened. Silly me.
Amazing. I hear that’s happening a lot in certain states. Thoughts and prayers to you. No one should have to deal with such consistent accidents.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing. I hear that’s happening a lot in certain states. Thoughts and prayers to you. No one should have to deal with such consistent accidents.
Thank you, brother. The loss is just hard to bear.

Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So sorry for your loss. Here in Chicago, when my law enforcement career is over, this very same thing seems likely to happen. Its almost as if someone doesnt want to let people exercise their right to bear arms. Of course when you need the police we are only minutes away! Remember that-minutes away. With that out of the way, my JK has a tuffy under drivers seat drawer-perfect!! But sadly will not fit under the JL's seats.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Either OCed or CCed in an OWB holster at the 3:00-3:30 position.

Sponsored

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I just keep my carry in the console. I cannot think of any realistic situation where I would need to a "quick" draw. If I'm in a real sketchy area, which I very seldom am, I can have in on the seat. When I exit the Jeep it goes on my person.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just keep my carry in the console. I cannot think of any realistic situation where I would need to a "quick" draw. If I'm in a real sketchy area, which I very seldom am, I can have in on the seat. When I exit the Jeep it goes on my person.
My current CHL is from NV, even though I'm in Texas (NV didn't recognize the TX CHL when I was there a few years ago, so I decided to get a NV one just for the 'ell of it). One thing I noticed though in NV is that there are places where you cannot legally carry concealed, but you can open carry. For example, in the non-secure area of an airport. And interestingly, since you don't need a CHL to open carry, *anyone* can open carry in the non-secure area of an airport while the people who have a CHL and have undergone the background checks cannot carry concealed there. Here in Texas, you have to have a CHL to open carry, but we can open carry and concealed carry in the non-secure areas of the airport. Considering how hot it gets there though, open carry is nice to have. Having to add an extra layer of clothing to conceal your firearm when it is 100+F is ridiculous.

The problem with having a handgun just sitting on the seat is that in the event of an accident, it is going flying and you are not going to know where it ends up. I prefer to have it on my side, thereby knowing *exactly* where it will be if I need it. That's not to say that having *another* firearm in the vehicle in a fixed location that will not dislodge during an accident wouldn't also be a good thing to have.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I keep mine on my person when I can. However, there are places where I cannot enter armed, so it goes in a nice, steel Tuffy Security Console, similar to the one @wyatt209 has. This thing is fairly tough. I'm currently working on another solution that would be even harder to penetrate, should someone try, but for now, this is better than pretty much all OEM storage that a Jeep or other vehicle offers. My JK has an even stronger steel security drawer under the driver's seat that is bolted down. It is made of significantly thicker steel than the console in the JL.

aaMcQcK.jpg

I carry my Sig P365 in the appendix position. However, there are the rare occasions when I need to remove it.

For my incoming JLUR, I will look into a short term storage solution such as yours.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I carry my Sig P365 in the appendix position. However, there are the rare occasions when I need to remove it.

For my incoming JLUR, I will look into a short term storage solution such as yours.
Well, at my age, it could be argued that I really don't actually *need* my 'nads anymore (since they've completed their job at propagating my genes), but I've had them for a pretty long time and kind of gotten used to them hanging (pun intended) around. As such, carrying a handgun in appendix carry is not for me. Besides, I feel that sort of carry to be very uncomfortable when seated.
Sponsored