Sponsored

Is FCA Looking to Get More Women Interested in Wranglers?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
When kids today think of the bikini islands they think of bikini bottom where sponge bob lives.
This is true. And the radiation could explain away all of the crazy stuff there. lol

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Don't doubt yourself, that hairstyle is nothing to complain about.
This is after it was cut. It grew out oddly just before this, and it ended up all business in the front and party in the back--like the El Camino of haircuts. :D

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Marketing is not about individuals, it is about cohorts. Male/Female/X are gender categories typically used, but they are only one category of a model. Models exist that help predict positive feelings toward certain items, response rates to adds and purchase rates. Once the key categories that drive the desired outcome are identified, markets are screened to determine the cost per impression vs. the return in sales. That's just for the advertising spend. Demographic studies are done to see what groups might align to your product and which are close, and how close. If minor product changes can be made to appeal to a broader market without detracting interest in the core group, it will be done. Basically, product design is very statistically model driven, right down to color offerings and names. I'm not sure what the motivation was with the color, but I'm pretty sure that the color and name choice are correlated with increased sales according to FCA's internal marketing models.

With respect to the hair conversation, My daughter (14) says long hair is the way to go. "Haircuts are only necessary when the ends are burned due to too many color rotations." She likes to color the bottom 3-4" of her hair. She's gone through Purple, Pink, Green and Blue (natural color is dishwater blonde). So far she likes blue the best. Getting her mom on board was interesting, but so far she's gotten to the place where both the hair color and the second ear piercing are done. I can't wait for the discussion when she comes home from college with tattoos (I'm pretty sure she will), but that's still 5 years off.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Marketing is not about individuals, it is about cohorts. Male/Female/X are gender categories typically used, but they are only one category of a model. Models exist that help predict positive feelings toward certain items, response rates to adds and purchase rates. Once the key categories that drive the desired outcome are identified, markets are screened to determine the cost per impression vs. the return in sales. That's just for the advertising spend. Demographic studies are done to see what groups might align to your product and which are close, and how close. If minor product changes can be made to appeal to a broader market without detracting interest in the core group, it will be done. Basically, product design is very statistically model driven, right down to color offerings and names. I'm not sure what the motivation was with the color, but I'm pretty sure that the color and name choice are correlated with increased sales according to FCA's internal marketing models.
Absolutely correct! They definitely have statistical data supporting their decision for the color and name.

With respect to the hair conversation, My daughter (14) says long hair is the way to go. "Haircuts are only necessary when the ends are burned due to too many color rotations." She likes to color the bottom 3-4" of her hair. She's gone through Purple, Pink, Green and Blue (natural color is dishwater blonde). So far she likes blue the best. Getting her mom on board was interesting, but so far she's gotten to the place where both the hair color and the second ear piercing are done. I can't wait for the discussion when she comes home from college with tattoos (I'm pretty sure she will), but that's still 5 years off.
Hahaha this cute! :cwl:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This is after it was cut. It grew out oddly just before this, and it ended up all business in the front and party in the back--like the El Camino of haircuts. :D
Hey, Just like the El Camino, its a classic style and looks good.

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I had thick, beautiful, long brown wavy hair before my kids sucked the life out of me. I cut it off because it was always in a ponytail, so I was trying to force myself to do something with it. Now I just have permanent Jeep hair, so I guess goals achieved or something. :headbang: