Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I know it's small and really doesn't matter, but it bugs me too. Just saying "photos used in comparisons are not copyrighted images" doesn't make it so. I've asked them to remove my pictures I posted here, for the forums, not for their business but obviously they refuse...
Sun shade for JL Wrangler
Screenshot_20181009-181841_Chrome.jpg
Take your photo and register it with the US Copyright office now. Once it's registered. contact a copyright attorney. Once they realize they are going to be forced to pay $25K-50K in statutory damages for commercial use of your work, they will take it down and you'll have lots of money for jeep upgrades.
Sponsored

Ponce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired USMC. Currently USMC pilot instructor
I was invited to shoot the Viknigs game for a local radio station, KFAN. I was not hired by the NFL. So yes, i did get to keep all rights to the photos. It was an amazing experience. One I hope I have again.
SKOL.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It's simple; Water mark your photos.
That's why people or companies that are serious about others stealing their images use them.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
It's simple; Water mark your photos.
That's why people or companies that are serious about others stealing their images use them.
Watermarking is simple. All of my photos on this forum and most other unprotected sites have watermarks on them. But it is real easy to remove watermarks by cropping images. So that does not prove to be the solution. While it does help, it doesn't stop people from using copyrighted images. In fact, the image that was used on eBay was/is in fact watermarked. You can see that they cut-off the lower part of the image contain the watermark!..Also each of my images contains an embedded file (EXIF). This file not only contains image details, such as lens length, exposure information, GPS coordinates, etc. It also contains the copyright for me and my company. For me to protect my images as a whole, I could just not post them to the internet, or plaster a watermark directly across the center of the image. But honestly, those are not options.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Glad you where able to get your image removed. To bad Ebay will probably not do much else about it.

I took a look at your SmugMug page. You have some nice work there. That JL is looking nice my friend.

I shoot wildlife for a hobby. Take a look if you would like. https://troynemitz.smugmug.com
Those are amazing. Were most of them taken around Ohio? I am clearly hanging out in the wrong places in this state!

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I have notice more then one picture on here be identical to photos being shown on websites advertising the same things. I think one was a Smittybuilt winch on a Jeep that was also on a sellers site. I figured they had permission from the owner.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Those are amazing. Were most of them taken around Ohio? I am clearly hanging out in the wrong places in this state!
Thank you.

I do take a lot of my wildlife shots in Ohio. I have spent many hours in the field. Searching these critters down.

Where about in Ohio are you located?

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you.

I do take a lot of my wildlife shots in Ohio. I have spent many hours in the field. Searching these critters down.

Where about in Ohio are you located?
I am near Columbus.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
For those that would like to see mine: https://www.mcneils.com . I shoot a wide variety of things.
Oh wow. Great shots.
I love photography. I wish I understood how to do it better.
I have a crap ton of camera bags lol. Doesn’t everybody?

B&H is a short distance away which can be very dangerous to the wallet.

OP
OP
mnrafter

mnrafter

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mcneils.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Special Procedures Radiologic Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow. Great shots.
I love photography. I wish I understood how to do it better.
I have a crap ton of camera bags lol. Doesn’t everybody?

B&H is a short distance away which can be very dangerous to the wallet.
Just like owning a Jeep!

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I know it's small and really doesn't matter, but it bugs me too. Just saying "photos used in comparisons are not copyrighted images" doesn't make it so. I've asked them to remove my pictures I posted here, for the forums, not for their business but obviously they refuse...
Sun shade for JL Wrangler
Screenshot_20181009-181841_Chrome.jpg
I was going to buy a JTOP but now I won’t.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I was going to buy a JTOP but now I won’t.
I do think that their shade is probably the best of all that I've seen offered. Also is the most expensive. Thats neither here nor there though. What I don't like is the fact that they took my photos off this site, where the owner does post, without even asking. When I brought it up, I mentioned them throwing me a bone in the form of one of their superior tops. I even told him I'd spread the good word about why I thought thiers was better than the alien (if that's how I felt). His response to me was that they didn't give products away for good reviews, they sell well enough on their own and that he could give me a discount if I wanted one.

Apparently he was oblivious to the fact that I was asking for some sort of reimbursement for using my images and instead thought I was trying to trade good reviews for free stuff. I told him I wasn't mad, which I wasn't, and didnt ask him to take it down at that time. A few weeks later, after thinking about it more, I dexidec I didn't like the way the whole thing went down and asked him to take the pictures down. I never heard back and last I checked, they were still there.

Rural Applachia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited 2018 JLU Sport S
I hope you nail them to the wall. My stepfather was a very high end professional photographer and in his day regularly sold photos to Life, Look, NYT for upto $10,000. He had one photo that he copywrited that was abused atleast 100 times. It kept an attorney busy for years going after people/firms. He had a lot of money tied up in equipment and training. I would imagine you do to.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I hope you nail them to the wall. My stepfather was a very high end professional photographer and in his day regularly sold photos to Life, Look, NYT for upto $10,000. He had one photo that he copywrited that was abused atleast 100 times. It kept an attorney busy for years going after people/firms. He had a lot of money tied up in equipment and training. I would imagine you do to.
Something I've always wondered about :

In Cali some people are nice-looking and photogenic , and others are also nice-looking and not-photogenic . That's why some are in film , and others not . They have screen tests and photo portfolios for that reason .

However , all animals and plants and natural things are photogenic .

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
However , all animals and plants and natural things are photogenic .
Then I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

02-russian_sailor.jpg

weird-alien-sea-monster-fish-thailand-video-508673.jpg
Sponsored