New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

Christinacbuchanan

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Rubicon 4 dr
I’ve been waiting for 19 WEEKS. That’s 133 days. I order my JL 4DR 6 speed on June 5.

After 8 weeks I started to complain and neither the dealership nor FCA can help. They said they had to “scrap” the first car.

I did demand and receive a demo car to drive a week ago. You see, I traded in a car and my husband and I have been sharing his JK all summer.

So seriously now, I am looking for a few ideas from you all.

How would you play this out when the Jeep finally arrives? Should I hold out for the 2019 models?
Sponsored

Last edited:

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I’ve been waiting for 19 WEEKS. That’s 133 days. I order my JL 4DR 6 speed on June 5.

After 8 weeks I started to complain and neither the dealership nor FCA can help. They said they had to “scrap” the first car.

I did demand and receive a demo car to drive a week ago. You see, I traded in a car and my husband and I have been sharing his JK all summer.

How would you play this out when the Jeep finally arrives? Should I hold out for the 2019 models?
Oh man. That's terrible. Hmmm...at this point is it even in queue to be built?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

I would have cancelled that order a long time ago and started fresh with a new order.

Budlethbridge

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
upload_2018-10-14_14-17-43.jpeg

Took delivery last Thursday, 19 weeks in total
The soft top and LED’s held it up. After driving at night I can say the LED’s are completely worth the wait- brightest lights I’ve ever had, might not even need my light bar now!

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Ordered 6/8. Picking up tomorrow (10/16). Went through the cloned order process....

Rubitex18

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sitting at 81 days currently. Ordered 7/27. Been in inspection purgatory for about 2 months now.

Sponsored

dugout68

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my 2019 JLUR (with restrictions on V6 and Steel Bumpers) Friday (10/12) and can't wait! Emailed dealer this morning to see if they picked up the order and he said they did, I'm in D status.

Now we wait, hopefully not forever.

huntinjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ, 2946 CJ2A project and 2019 JLUR
I ordered a 2019 JLUR red, cold weather, tow hitch, 3.6, 6 speed, hardtop,
Proximity entry, floor mats on 10/17/2018. Got a D1 status 10/26/2018 with a ship date of 11/21/2018. Dealer said it should take three weeks after ship date to receive Jeep in Queen Creek, AZ. I know these dates are ballpark but just wanted to share. My wife is not happy that I wanted to order it, It is for her. Jeep #3 in the family.

Last edited:

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
New here, been following for a bit now. Ordering 2019 JLU Rubicon Mojito. I can't believe some of these waits for orders 10-12-18wks. Makes me a little worried I wont even have it by Feb...

JeepBeachGirl

First Name
Sherain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR ordered
My ‘19 was build this morning and is now in stage JS - shipped to storage. How long does it usually sit in storage? Has anyone in Florida ordered one - how long did delivery take?
Sponsored

Last edited: