fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wave!

Greetings from the crew over here at fifteen52. This thread is to share our journey and progress with our latest build featuring our brand new Off Road wheel https://fifteen52.com/collections/hd-wheels .

Follow us on Instagram @beardedwrangler @fifteen52

IMG_5159.jpeg

Follow our Official Partners:

@WARNindustries

@ROAMadventureco

@Fox

@KChiLites

@SynergyMfg

@ToyoTires

@Eibach_World

@Dometic

@Magnaflow

@gobiracks, @goosegear, @bossstrongbox, @maxtraxhq

This has been a project that has been in the works for several months over here at fifteen52. With the introduction of our new off road line of aftermarket wheels. Our resident Jeep guru, Jon, picked up a brand new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon to begin a build that will define fifteen52's passion and dedication in the off road world.

Jon is the sales manager over here at fifteen52 and has owned many wranglers in his life time, including his first car at 16, a Willy's TJ, then a couple JK's over the years, and now with this JLUR as well as a 93 YJ which he just did a full restoration on and themed it after the classic Jeeps from the original Jurassic Park movie.

All of us here at fifteen52 in socal have owned many classic offroad vehicles such as older XJ's, Land Rovers, and even a Mitsubishi Montero. We have always enjoyed weekend camping trips and overlanding adventures and with the success of our Motorsport inspired wheels we are excited to now offer a product reflecting our passion for the great outdoors.

Please follow along our progress as we build our ultimate vision of an Overland JL Wrangler and provide many amazing photos of our travels!

6M7A6061.jpeg

jon_09-jpg.jpg

jon_08-jpg.jpg

6M7A6412.jpg

6M7A6383.jpg

Jon_Jeep1.jpg

Jon_Jeep2.jpg

6m7a6380-jpg.jpg

AJ4_0300.jpeg

AJ4_0411.jpeg

AJ4_0363.jpeg

Photo Jul 05, 12 12 36 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 05, 11 47 16 AM.jpg

Photo Jul 05, 11 47 44 AM.jpg

6M7A6365.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First thing we have done with our JL Rubicon build is outfit it with our all new Turbomac HD wheel.

We wrapped these with a set of 37'' Mud Terrain tires thanks to our friends over at Toyo Tires.

In order to gain some extra clearance we went with the Mopar 2'' lift kit featuring the 2.5 Fox Factory shocks. We did have some issues with the design of the Mopar kit when it came to the springs. Even though this was an updated part number kit that was suppose to fix the original spring bow, we still had some excessive bowing of the spring. So we took the JL over to our friends at Eibach who replaced the front spring perchs and all four springs with a much more robust and straight set of their Pro Truck lift springs which feel much better on and off the road and do not have that nerve racking bow to them either.

Wheels:

fifteen52 Turbomac HD wheel
17x8.5 et0 5x127
finish: Asphalt Black

Tires:

Toyo Tires Open Country M/T
37/12.5/r17

Suspension:

Mopar 2'' Lift Kit
Fox 2.5 shocks

Eibach Pro Truck springs and spring perches

fifteen52 JL 3.JPG

fifteen52 JL 4.JPG

fifteen52 JL 2.JPG

coneklr

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks awesome Jon! I will post mine up this weekend when I get my turbomac HD's installed this week. I am keeping my stock 33's for a little bit longer so wont look as rad though!

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome Jon! I will post mine up this weekend when I get my turbomac HD's installed this week. I am keeping my stock 33's for a little bit longer so wont look as rad though!
I am looking forward to seeing yours installed! :)

Sponsored

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I see you mentioned light weight. How much does a 17x8.5 rim weigh?

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you mentioned light weight. How much does a 17x8.5 rim weigh?
They weigh in at only 26lbs per wheel! Which for a heavy duty truck wheel with a 2500lbs load rating means they are not only light but strong.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
They weigh in at only 26lbs per wheel! Which for a heavy duty truck wheel with a 2500lbs load rating means they are not only light but strong.
Perfect. Thank you for the quick response. I am sure many people will want the info as well!

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you give us more info about the Eibach spring perches you used to replace the Mopar ones? Is this something they normally sell or was this special for you? I assume if you buy just the springs from Eibach, they don't come with the perches as well..?

Sponsored

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see I'm not the only one to opt not to get the Trailer/Tow package. A fine build so far. Nice and clean.

Ghentani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon JLU; Cayenne D; M Coupe; OG GTI; OG M5
Can you elaborate on the testing? VIA/JWL - ISO... Thanks!

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Spare tire relocation bracket are you using? No concerns with the weight on the tailgate without the reinforcement?
I am using the Rough Country bracket relocation kit which is an amazing bang for the buck. The MOPAR kit overall was a bit pricey but it features improved engineering, build quality, and greater thickness of the JL tailgate compared to the JK's.

So far the tailgate feels pretty solid and doesn't feel like it is impacted by the weight anywhere near as much as my older JK did with the extra weight.

OP
OP
fifteen52

fifteen52

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you give us more info about the Eibach spring perches you used to replace the Mopar ones? Is this something they normally sell or was this special for you? I assume if you buy just the springs from Eibach, they don't come with the perches as well..?
The perches actually come with the springs at no extra cost :)

Status
Not open for further replies.