Sponsored

ROAM Side Steps light wiring (or any step lights with door open illumination.)

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
still going strong no problems. Yep I just tapped into the dome light on both sides
Did you have to put any relays or anything in or is it as simple as finding the dome light wire and running that to the step lights? Ideally I could just run a couple simple wires off the dome light wiring and make this connection work, but the OG post talks about some other steps in the process that I am hoping I can avoid.

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
nope just tapped into the 2 little led dome lights under the dash. The wires are very small

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
nope just tapped into the 2 little led dome lights under the dash. The wires are very small
Awesome I was hoping it was that easy! And last question, I think haha, did you end up getting the eagle eye LED or the flush LED? I would prefer a flush lens versus a lens that sticks out and rounded if that is possible. I want to do it in red. Happen to know of something like that by chance?

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
there are only 2 wires black to back and good to go

IMG_5093.JPG

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Was this in the dash maybe behind the glove box? Or what was its approximate location?

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Under the dash look for the light. Cant miss them.

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Under the dash look for the light. Cant miss them.
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I get this install right. Did you hook up to the lights that light up the foot area of the cab or the dome light that only stays on for a short time when the door is opened. I figure I am not going to want to keep the lights on all the time like the ones that light the foot area so just want to be certain.

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
No worries yes its the lights that light up the floor under your feet. Here is a better picture

IMG_5240.JPG

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
No worries yes its the lights that light up the floor under your feet. Here is a better picture

IMG_5240.JPG
Do your lights on the steps stay on the whole time? At night my feet have a dim LED that lights the floor boards on both the driver and the passenger side. Maybe there is a separate light that fades in and out when the doors open and one that remains on. I have never looked that close.

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Do your lights on the steps stay on the whole time? At night my feet have a dim LED that lights the floor boards on both the driver and the passenger side. Maybe there is a separate light that fades in and out when the doors open and one that remains on. I have never looked that close.
Just when you open the door then they fade off
Sponsored