Sponsored

Bike rack for JL

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have Hollywood racks hitch for 2 and add on for 4 ... it’s a tank but well made and very secure. Their customer service is great too.
:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fat Boys

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon Unlimited, 18 JL Rubicon unlimited
Can you take a pick from the side so I can see how it mounts around the tire?

Also is this it? "Hollywood Racks SR1 Spare Tire Rack 2-Bike Spare Tire Mount Rack"

https://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Ra...242&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=sr1+bike+rack&psc=1
Yes on link.
Clamp around top of tire. Strap around the tread. Two straps from clap near door. Down behind tire, tied off at bottom. There is one more strap in the center that can be run thru the bike wheels to prevent rotation while traveling.

The bottom of the rack floats depending on you tire size and wheel depth. I have ordered yoga blocks on amazon the protect the wheel and prevent extra movement.

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you already have a hitch, the only way to go is a rack from 1up usa. While they are more expensive, they are the state of the art in terms of ease of installation, light weight, and flexibility. The one bike rack weighs less than twenty pounds and can be expanded up to four. Being able to choose how many bikes to carry allows ultimate flexibility and convenience.
12060.jpg
12049.jpg
12050.jpg
800645d1369059935-1up-rack-jeep-wrangler-jk-hitch-upright.jpg

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
Awesome but wow, spendy!
I feel like some good racks cost 4 or 5 hundred dollars and most rear tire carriers are like 6 or 7 hundred. So i dont think this is very far off. And they took the time to engineer them both into each other. Worth it imo

Trailhead Girl

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I feel like some good racks cost 4 or 5 hundred dollars and most rear tire carriers are like 6 or 7 hundred. So i dont think this is very far off. And they took the time to engineer them both into each other. Worth it imo
I'm struggling trying to choose a bike rack. I'd like to carry two bikes. I'm leaning toward the spare tire rack because I may want to bring bikes AND pull a pop up trailer. Concerns are damaging the spare or damaging the spare mount with bike-weight. Also concerned about blocking the backup camera. I have 2018 JL.

What would you do?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm struggling trying to choose a bike rack. I'd like to carry two bikes. I'm leaning toward the spare tire rack because I may want to bring bikes AND pull a pop up trailer. Concerns are damaging the spare or damaging the spare mount with bike-weight. Also concerned about blocking the backup camera. I have 2018 JL.

What would you do?
Road bikes, Mtn bikes, etc ... what weight?
Sponsored