Sponsored

JL ** SUNRIDER FOR HARDTOP ** BESTOP (Video and Photos)

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
COMING REAL SOON MY FELLOW JL PEEPS!

OPEN AIR IN A MATTER OF SECONDS!!

Made EXCLUSIVELY for 2018 JL WRANGLER

Make your JL a convertible today!

The JL Sunriders for Hard Tops are shipping VERY SOON!!

BLACK DIAMOND & BLACK TWILL

Admin Edit: see the Sunrider For Hardtop in action:

1EDBE2EA-CED6-4CD4-A6A7-75DBDA26CA46.jpeg

635C5628-A2C3-49B8-945B-437C6DD978CE.jpeg

BAB23331-4F59-45AD-9D34-DF3F00EDB4C3.jpeg

9B581A4D-8268-42F7-BAA6-13D215D839D0.jpeg

0930C1AC-8213-4EC0-9DEB-9780641DC7F8.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
Looks great! Let us know how it works for you. Wind noise? Any leaks? Overall impressions?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Those pics are fantastic! This may be one of my favorite Jeep Mods, although I will say the BT soft top is pretty darned amazing, too!

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I can't wait to get this thing and try it out. This actually makes me a little more hopeful I'll get mine in time.

OP, was it an easy install? Looks simple from the pics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
@DanW
@BestopTeam

Dan.... Looks like Bestop blew smoke up our asses! Not right, Bestop!

Bestop, told us pre-order guy/gals going with them, would get their Sunrider for Hardtop before anyone.... before their vendors.
Yes, I ordered the day Bestop posted the thread regarding pre-orders. I have spoken with their reps 4 times since pre-ordering and each time was told pre-orders would be delivered before others.... before vendors stock was shipped.

Again, just kind of frosts me, that I got lip service. Oh well....
When did you speak to them… Can you get me your order number please

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I know even up to a couple of weeks ago there was no set date when they were being shipped But now they are in pre-order status and will be shipping hopefully soon

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sent you a PM. They've reached out to me by PM and on Facebook, too. I've also called them. They've been GREAT every time. Great company.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
COMING REAL SOON MY FELLOW JL PEEPS!

The JL Sunriders for Hard Tops are shipping VERY SOON!! They are NOW on for PRE-ORDER!!

1EDBE2EA-CED6-4CD4-A6A7-75DBDA26CA46.jpeg

635C5628-A2C3-49B8-945B-437C6DD978CE.jpeg

BAB23331-4F59-45AD-9D34-DF3F00EDB4C3.jpeg

9B581A4D-8268-42F7-BAA6-13D215D839D0.jpeg

0930C1AC-8213-4EC0-9DEB-9780641DC7F8.jpeg
Do you also have a retractable sunshade coming out? The Sunrider won’t be an option for me because of my roof rack.

59DC2C97-CCFB-42B8-A77A-ECACD6CD949F.jpeg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you also have a retractable sunshade coming out? The Sunrider won’t be an option for me because of my roof rack.

59DC2C97-CCFB-42B8-A77A-ECACD6CD949F.jpeg
They have that for the JK, so I'd bet it will come out for the JL, too. I think it would work nicely with this Sunrider for Hard Top! Especially for old guys like me who want the sun, but really don't need it's full fury. Lol!

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
They have that for the JK, so I'd bet it will come out for the JL, too. I think it would work nicely with this Sunrider for Hard Top! Especially for old guys like me who want the sun, but really don't need it's full fury. Lol!
I know it! The sun is no friend to skin or leather in large doses, and this would be more convenient than a spiderweb shade or something similar. I believe I saw that it is being developed for the JL, just unsure if it’s been released.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Yes, I ordered the day Bestop posted the thread regarding pre-orders. I have spoken with their reps 4 times since pre-ordering and each time was told pre-orders would be delivered before others.... before vendors stock was shipped.

Again, just kind of frosts me, that I got lip service. Oh well....
Looks great! Let us know how it works for you. Wind noise? Any leaks? Overall impressions?
It’s been amazing so far… Very happy with it and now that the cooler weather is approaching it is so convenient to just flip back within five seconds and not worry about the freedom panels !!
My overall impression is pretty amazing… The twill material of course is on point… Compared to my hardtop freedom panels the wind noise is very minimal for me and with our cooler weather approaching in South Florida it has been so simple to just unlatch and put the top back (literally less than 10 seconds)

Compared to my hardtop freedom panels the wind noise is very minimal for me and with our cooler weather approaching in South Florida it has been so simple to just put that top back at any given time. I am extremely happy with it and I can’t wait for everyone else to experience the JL Sunrider

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Those pics are fantastic! This may be one of my favorite Jeep Mods, although I will say the BT soft top is pretty darned amazing, too!
Thank you so much I’m really happy with it… And all of you will be as well it’s just so seamless and easy to install and also to just put the top back as it is so light and not bulky

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Man, I can't wait to get this thing and try it out. This actually makes me a little more hopeful I'll get mine in time.

OP, was it an easy install? Looks simple from the pics.
Yes it was a very simple install the instructions says 30 minutes but I would give yourself just under an hour… If that… But other than that it is very simple

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Any issues with leaks? Whats the difference between the twill and diamond?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yes it was a very simple install the instructions says 30 minutes but I would give yourself just under an hour… If that… But other than that it is very simple
FWIW I'm a dual top owner.

Glenn...in your opinion could I open and close the Sunrider from the outside of the rig like a OEM soft top need be?

I understand that latching must be done from the interior of the rig regardless of what Bestop product you have (e.g. OEM soft top premium/basic, Sunrider, Trektop NX, etc.)

Where I'm going with this question:

I have a DIY sunshade--which is important for me medically--with cutouts for the soft top latches--that makes interior opening and closing of the Sunrider (I know--one of its best features) difficult, hence my question.

I suppose--since I'd use the Sunrider during the Fall and early Spring I could just fold back the sunshade as the sun's not as strong in that time of year.

My specific purpose for a Sunrider is as transition between switching out the soft top at summer's end, to the hard top in Fall with Sunrider, to full hard top in winter, and reversing that order in early Spring.

Thanks.
Sponsored