Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Told a client I test drove a JL. His response? "That's not a jeep. They haven't made jeeps since AMC was bought out. Chrysler does not make a jeep." For him the TJ was the last jeep made.

As someone said, haters going to hate. No matter where you set your snobbery bar, someone else will and can always out do you.
I hope he knows the TJ was built entirely under Chrysler ownership. Or does he mean CJ?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Most Jeepers are friendly, helpful people. But occasionally, I am reminded that they are just like any other auto enthusiast and have their own hangups:

Driving home for lunch today, top off windows down. Stopped at a light next to a lifted JKU. Look over and give him a little wave. His response? "I don't wave at JLs......that aint no Jeep." Alright.....guess I'm lucky I didn't tell him it was a 2.0t, his head may have exploded.

What's funny is, I remember a time when the JKU first came out. Many enthusiasts heralded the "end of Jeep" because they dared to make a 4 door. Now, even those JKU owners found something to hate.

Fortunately, that's been my only negative JL experience. Anyone else got a similar story?
Man what a snob that guy was... There is no reason to sit around and declare one Jeep is "Not a Jeep" and another is and be smug about it. JL, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ....all Jeeps.

Aimless1

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW K1600 GTL & Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Retired
I hope he knows the TJ was built entirely under Chrysler ownership. Or does he mean CJ?
Right or wrong he meant TJ. He contends the TJ was built with AMC cooperation under the Chrysler umbrella. By the time the JK rolled out he figures AMC had no input.

Doesn't really matter. Anyone can choose to be a snob. It is easy to find some reason, real or imagined to justify it. But once you travel that road you will be out snobed by some one some day.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Right or wrong he meant TJ. He contends the TJ was built with AMC cooperation under the Chrysler umbrella. By the time the JK rolled out he figures AMC had no input.

Doesn't really matter. Anyone can choose to be a snob. It is easy to find some reason, real or imagined to justify it. But once you travel that road you will be out snobed by some one some day.
Well the TJ still used the AMC engines so he may have mean that. Otherwise it was all Chrysler and then Daimler....

I tend to clear away from the snobs myself...

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Man what a snob that guy was... There is no reason to sit around and declare one Jeep is "Not a Jeep" and another is and be smug about it. JL, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ....all Jeeps.
I have a word for him, but it ain't snob. It rhymes with asshat.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a word for him, but it ain't snob. It rhymes with asshat.
self censorship lol. Theres a number of words to be used for someone that automatically dismisses you based off the vehicle you own... :like:

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase

LOL and we all who are old enough remember the great legacy AMC had. There was the Gremlin (where's the other half of your car, toots?) And of course the mobile fishbowl, the Pacer. I think I made my point.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)

The really ridiculous thing about that is that AMC didn't invent the Jeep either. It hasn't been owned by the original owner (Willy's Overland) since the 1950s :facepalm:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The really ridiculous thing about that is that AMC didn't invent the Jeep either. It hasn't been owned by the original owner (Willy's Overland) since the 1950s :facepalm:
Preach!

2jeemg.jpg

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I'll throw this out there -- I almost ALWAYS remember to WAVE, *IF* I see the Jeep. Sometimes I miss them or am late. It's not my fault, I am focusing on the road, etc.. Just yesterday I was zoning off on the car in front of me and reminded myself I should keep watch for Jeeps. I looked out of the corner of my eye and it was -- not a Jeep. No worries, back to eyes on the road -- OH CRAP I just missed an actual Jeep like 2 seconds later... DOH!!

So, "it" happens.

Try to be nice and Wave if you want.

Don't be butt-hurt if you don't get a wave back.

Sponsored

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I wave at every Wrangler I see... unless they have angry eyes. That's my one rule. I even wave at Cherokees if they look good or are built well.

In Florida Wranglers are so common that I probably only get a wave back 60-70% of the time, but I have noticed that women tend to wave less than men.
Might be one of those stupid questions, but I'm new to this. Is a Jeep wave only for Wranglers or for any type of Jeep?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Might be one of those stupid questions, but I'm new to this. Is a Jeep wave only for Wranglers or for any type of Jeep?
Generally only Wranglers. I mean you can wave at anyone you want to, but if you wave at every Cherokee and Renegade on the road, your hands will barely ever be on the steering wheel

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Usually only wranglers or their direct ancestors (cj’s and military models)

1995YJ

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Rio Grande, 2018 JL Sport S 3.6L 6 Spd
Occupation
Firefighter
JKU = demise of the jeep community. Change my mind.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I'll wave to anyone who mods their car/truck, tbh.. but mostly just Jeeps.
Sponsored