The Jeep Wave.....or not (JL bias)

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Most Jeepers are friendly, helpful people. But occasionally, I am reminded that they are just like any other auto enthusiast and have their own hangups:

Driving home for lunch today, top off windows down. Stopped at a light next to a lifted JKU. Look over and give him a little wave. His response? "I don't wave at JLs......that aint no Jeep." Alright.....guess I'm lucky I didn't tell him it was a 2.0t, his head may have exploded.

What's funny is, I remember a time when the JKU first came out. Many enthusiasts heralded the "end of Jeep" because they dared to make a 4 door. Now, even those JKU owners found something to hate.

Fortunately, that's been my only negative JL experience. Anyone else got a similar story?
Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Most Jeepers are friendly, helpful people. But occasionally, I am reminded that they are just like any other auto enthusiast and have their own hangups:

Driving home for lunch today, top off windows down. Stopped at a light next to a lifted JKU. Look over and give him a little wave. His response? "I don't wave at JLs......that aint no Jeep." Alright.....guess I'm lucky I didn't tell him it was a 2.0t, his head may have exploded.

What's funny is, I remember a time when the JKU first came out. Many enthusiasts heralded the "end of Jeep" because they dared to make a 4 door. Now, even those JKU owners found something to hate.

Fortunately, that's been my only negative JL experience. Anyone else got a similar story?
Sounds like he was just Jealous. lol

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sounds like you missed the perfect opportunity, "dude you have something in your teeth." He could have chewed on that the entire way home or you could have snapped a pic of him looking for it in the mirror and hollar'd "enjoy instagram JK!" :cwl:

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
You should have replied with "Well...JL Owners wave to all Jeeps. Have a Nice Day!"

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)

Just write him off as the tiny minority. I think one of the coolest parts of the Jeep camaraderie is that it's agnostic of the age or price of a Jeep. Whether it's a loaded brand new $50k Rubicon, or kid driving a 20-year-old TJ with a tattered roof, we wave. Every group has pricks in their midst (as you learned today), but they are happily the tiny tiny minority amongst Jeep owners.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just write him off as the tiny minority. I think one of the coolest parts of the Jeep camaraderie is that it's agnostic of the age or price of a Jeep. Whether it's a loaded brand new $50k Rubicon, or kid driving a 20-year-old TJ with a tattered roof, we wave. Every group has pricks in their midst (as you learned today), but they are happily the tiny tiny minority amongst Jeep owners.
So true. I couldn't count how many times I've been waved at in my JK but not really paying attention and my wife or daughter would be throwing hands lol.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I wave at every Wrangler I see... unless they have angry eyes. That's my one rule. I even wave at Cherokees if they look good or are built well.

In Florida Wranglers are so common that I probably only get a wave back 60-70% of the time, but I have noticed that women tend to wave less than men.

Sponsored

Aimless1

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW K1600 GTL & Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Retired
Told a client I test drove a JL. His response? "That's not a jeep. They haven't made jeeps since AMC was bought out. Chrysler does not make a jeep." For him the TJ was the last jeep made.

As someone said, haters going to hate. No matter where you set your snobbery bar, someone else will and can always out do you.

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black

I'm willing to bet he has a tiny penis.