Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) 2-Door Spied, ZF 8-Speed Auto and Other Details Confirmed!

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
That's not a latch that i am familiar with on the Wranglers. Hopefully it is a mechanism to open up the roof.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
I think it's just something used to tie down the camo from the outside?

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) 2-Door Spied, ZF 8-Speed Auto and Other Details Confirmed! {filename}

That's not a latch that i am familiar with on the Wranglers. Hopefully it is a mechanism to open up the roof.
I wonder if that "lever?" on the A-pillar is the release for the new windshield?

Also appears to be rocking a new steering wheel too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The steering wheel in the first set, and the shifter in the second set of photos look similar to those from a Dodge Challenger (also somewhat similar to Charger, which is a ittle more scalloped), not the Cherokee or GC.

The second steering wheel (with the shifter) is the existing one.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) 2-Door Spied, ZF 8-Speed Auto and Other Details Confirmed! {filename}

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler

I wonder if that "lever?" on the A-pillar is the release for the new windshield?

That looks like the OEM bluetooth microphone just kind of dangling since the trim panels aren't all in place.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee

Interesting catch, I must have missed these pics before. I think you might be right. I mean what else could it be, it doesn't look like it's tied to the roof. Unless this is just some testing equipment.

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Interesting catch, I must have missed these pics before. I think you might be right. I mean what else could it be, it doesn't look like it's tied to the roof. Unless this is just some testing equipment.
I still think it looks like a Bluetooth mic hanging free of the A pillar trim. Right shape and size, and has an edge that looks like it's designed for flush mounting.

Sponsored

Swanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata
Wait, what? Is there really a chance that the JL and JT won't have a manual option?
I would assume the Pentestar and the 4cyl will have the same transmissions so a manual would likely be available alsong with the 8 speed but the Eco-diesel likely will only have an auto.

Swanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata
I mean the ecodiesel doesnt have a manual in any current config so assuming they add it just for the wrangler would be suspect at best. And with the pentestar not changing much it makes sense to assume it will retain the manual and iirc some of the mules have been manual as well.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Well, there have been spy photos of a different manual testing (diff shift pattern), so it's unlikely to be the existing NSG370, the question remains which torque load rating this new manual has and if it'll be enough (unlikely) for an EcoDiesel.

Remember that the Admin's original comments came before the release of those spy shots at a time when FCA was asking for feedback from select groups on whether there should be a manual transmission in the next-gen Wrangler, so the assumption it might be dropped was valid about 10 months ago, whereas now it seems assured that there will be a manual.

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Remember that the Admin's original comments came before the release of those spy shots at a time when FCA was asking for feedback from select groups on whether there should be a manual transmission in the next-gen Wrangler, so the assumption it might be dropped was valid about 10 months ago, whereas now it seems assured that there will be a manual.
True, I didn't initially realize this was a resurrection of an older post. I hadn't been to the forums in a while and thought maybe something had changed. Thanks for the correction.

Regarding the manual w/ the diesel, doesn't the Ram 2500 offer that combo? Granted that's a different class but at least it's not unheard of. A guy can dream right.
Sponsored

Last edited: