DV8 Boatside Sliders (100% bolt on)

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I am a big fan of boatside sliders (e.g., Nemesis, PSC Brawler Rockers) but not a fan of drilling into the body for nutserts and potential for body damage (less of a concern with Nemesis). As such, I was leaning towards frame mounted sliders such as LoD Signature series, however, I just ran across these sliders from DV8 that look particularly interesting to me as they are a boatside slider that are 100% bolt on. They bolt onto the frame rails as well as the body bolts. I have an email out with a number of questions to DV8, which I will update this post here, but I wanted to get the forum's feedback as I don't see anyone talking about these:

1. They look beefy to me. What are your thoughts of the design?
2. Do you think they could take a beating on a trail?
3. Any personal experiences with DV8 sliders or other products in general...are they well made and how are they holding up?

https://dv8offroad.com/products/srjl-01-jeep-jl-boatside-sliders-4-door-only

Thanks

SRJL-01-HKJT.jpg

43ab2f43-9b77-4fa3-8af7-24f484502361-jpg-jpg.jpg

Cheers
Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Well, those certainly hide the pinch weld everyone hates so much.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Call them and ask. I was on the phone for probably 20 mins this morning talking ejs and jeeps. Those guys use their own products and love wheeling. See what they have to say. I don’t think they turn out a single bad product

Brett

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call them and ask. I was on the phone for probably 20 mins this morning talking ejs and jeeps. Those guys use their own products and love wheeling. See what they have to say. I don’t think they turn out a single bad product

Brett
Yep, already did before posting but had a few more questions I forgot to ask (hence the email). I’m just not familiar with DV8 and it is great to hear they wheel and use their products. When talking with them the guy was telling me they were awesome and well built but was unable to answer some specifics such as whether they are 3/16” steel etc.

I also was curious about people’s opinions since most everything I read about customers reviews pertain to their bumpers and fender liners...not much on their sliders.

And yes...these cover up that pesky pinch weld lol.

OP
OP
GinjaNinja

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update from my email. See below for my questions and their responses...disappointed they are not made in U.S. :(

1. Do you have any installation instructions / pictures without the exterior panels installed? I am specifically curious about how they are mounted and the design/strength of the structure hidden by the exterior panels. [Picture was not attached in email, I will update this thread once I receive it]
------ I dont but I have attached the best image that would answer your question.
2. What are the specifics of the steel utilized? (tubing diameter/thickness, and plate thickness of the panels)
------ The plate is 3/16 as well as all the bracing. The tube is .95 wall at 1-1/2" I believe
3. Total weight of sliders installed on Jeep
------ The total weight is right around 175lbs
4. They seem to be pretty tight to the body of the Jeep. Any concerns of deflection into the body panels on a big hit? Usually boatside sliders are also attached to the body (which is why I am actually avoiding them but I like the style).
------ With the amount of mounting points, it would take a huge hit were in that case the sliders would be the least of your worries. The slider mounts to the body mounts on the frame and the panels attach the frame and the slider by being directly mounted to the frame.
5. Where are they made?
------ These are being made overseas :(
6. Do they come with all required hardware to install?
------ Yes they do!

Cheers

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
175 pounds.. Woahhh. No thanks.
Sponsored