Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I recently installed a LoD front signature mid width front bumper and now looking for a rear bumper with a tire carrier. I have a few items on the wish list and am having a hard time finding the right bumper.
  • Must have rear swing out carrier
  • Must have a license plate mount similar to the stock JL bumper (why is this so hard?)
  • I would like to keep factory hitch but not a deal killer.
  • Anything else would be a bonus.
Roam has a nice bumper but is not available yet. Any help would be great. Thanks Rich

1337DEB4-8A76-4812-A630-6840AAC6D16F.jpeg
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
LOD Offroad Destroyer should fit all of that. I don't know if their signature one does as well.

OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
LOD Offroad Destroyer should fit all of that. I don't know if their signature one does as well.
Thanks, but unfortunately LoD relocates the license plate to the top of the bumper which I do not want.

Last edited:

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks, but unfortunately LoD relocates the license plate to the top of the bumper which I do not want. Looks like an afterthought.
Oh, I thought you just were looking for one that accommodates the license plate at all. I have not seen one with a tire carrier that keeps the plate where it is

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
LOD are coming out with a new license plate mount that goes in the center of the spare. The factory location isn't that great if you wheel your Jeep. Your license plate will get destroyed down there.

Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Hi, I recently installed a LoD front signature mid width front bumper and now looking for a rear bumper with a tire carrier. I have a few items on the wish list and am having a hard time finding the right bumper.
  • Must have rear swing out carrier
  • Must have a license plate mount similar to the stock JL bumper (why is this so hard?)
  • I would like to keep factory hitch but not a deal killer.
  • Anything else would be a bonus.
Roam has a nice bumper but is not available yet. Any help would be great. Thanks Rich

1337DEB4-8A76-4812-A630-6840AAC6D16F.jpeg
Hi ya buddy. Here’s what I have and when you open the door the tire carrier opens with it nicely. It’s the Westin rear bumper with tire carrier. Plus I bought a J/k hi- lift jack and drilled holes into my Westin tire carrier lining up the J/k mount holes already there. Added nuts bolts and lock washers. Also bought a rhinorack shovel bracket. Installed all. That’s the result

7F65D7E8-5254-453A-B397-8E755FD77480.jpeg

3C66047C-77CF-487C-8CBE-2BED34F9055C.jpeg

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but unfortunately LoD relocates the license plate to the top of the bumper which I do not want. Looks like an afterthought.
Hey if you plan on going off roading at all? I don’t know? Your sure to get that lisense plate caught on something and tear right off. It’s safer on top. See you tube videos on that. Trust me on the mounting of plate better on top. Then again you go with what you like. :)

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi ya buddy. Here’s what I have and when you open the door the tire carrier opens with it nicely. It’s the Westin rear bumper with tire carrier. Plus I bought a J/k hi- lift jack and drilled holes into my Westin tire carrier lining up the J/k mount holes already there. Added nuts bolts and lock washers. Also bought a rhinorack shovel bracket. Installed all. That’s the result

It's a shame that it doesn't work with parking sensors as it would probably be at the top of my list.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a shame that it doesn't work with parking sensors as it would probably be at the top of my list.
Well I installed rock lights under the angled end both front and back :) I can see the world just from couple of little lights at night and my backup camera sees everything well lit :) Good luck buddy ! Sure more will come out soon enough. I waited so long for the light brackets I set up on my JL finally released by DV8 Offroad. Last week. Had them rushed delivered just to get the KC pro6 gravity system sitting in my garage for a month! Now installed and looking good. Truth when they say they daylight! So I know how you feel. Take your time and when you finally get them. Your gonna loveum!

BE376FF3-29FA-4A5F-BEBD-35E64B55583E.jpeg

OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info. I do wheel and do believe that they can make a bumper where the plate isn’t valderable to a rock ripping it off when in stock position. That’s why I don’t want the stock metal bumper. My plastic rear bumper protects the plate just fine as the plate screws right into to bumper. The problem is the bumper doesn’t protect anything. LOL. I will wait another 6 months for the Roam rear bumper I guess or see if others develop a bumper exclusively for the JL. I guess if nothing comes out I will have to settle for the age proven plate location above the bumper and get the LoD.

Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOD are coming out with a new license plate mount that goes in the center of the spare. The factory location isn't that great if you wheel your Jeep. Your license plate will get destroyed down there.
Yasou PETE :) so right on that destruction of lisence plate on bottom. Move mine back were it belongs :)

C72F9370-C06A-47B2-B9CD-7D0ADD599B23.jpeg

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It’s a WESTON REAR BUMPER WITH TIRE CARRIER. The whole shovel and hi lift jack is on a JK bracket which I modified with new holes drilled through the Weston rear bumper to get her in.

OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Trav.city

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey if you plan on going off roading at all? I don’t know? Your sure to get that lisense plate caught on something and tear right off. It’s safer on top. See you tube videos on that. Trust me on the mounting of plate better on top. Then again you go with what you like. :)
You wheel so much your shovel and hi lift doesn’t even have a scratch. LOL. Not to mention the little light on the corner of your bumper will be toast is you ever wheel.
Sponsored