Hutchinson Rock Monsters and “35” inch KO2s installed

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ever since I decided to get my Jeep, I’ve been looking for wheels. I fell in love with the Hutchinson wheels in black (stats here: https://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/products.php?product=jeepjk). I recently got my order in, with a lot of help from @Northridge4x4 on the order. I would not hang these off a totally stock tailgate as each one weighs in at 115 lbs, so I also added the reinforcement kit.

01A10BE8-836F-4657-9B72-17E95DCEE805.jpeg

F378CA2D-EFCF-440C-A471-AB2AA416F770.jpeg

BA0336B3-7794-4AB8-A925-9320B09BCB4B.jpeg

886F4C6E-FB87-422F-B398-554262A29A9D.jpeg

A55DF1E9-C781-4194-8652-D99AEFDE72A9.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
What did the wheels weigh without the tires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Congrats. I have the same ones but in Argent. Still waiting for my tires and I guess now my reinforcement bracket.
Where are you getting them mounted? I’m dreading when I need to replace the tires.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Where are you getting them mounted? I’m dreading when I need to replace the tires.
Supreme Power in Anaheim. I am doing some work for them so it is sort of a Supreme Power build but he has all the top of the industry tire mounted equipment.

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Supreme Power in Anaheim. I am doing some work for them so it is sort of a Supreme Power build but he has all the top of the industry tire mounted equipment.
Nice! Northridge4x4 mounted mine at a rather premium cost. I’m sure most tire places around here would be confused by these wheels and ask me to leave.

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Monsters should be fairly easy (no special tools) to mount yourself actually (still time and work) and then take to your preferred tire shop for balancing. They are DOT approved so you shouldn't get that line that they can't because of insurance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The Rock Monsters should be fairly easy (no special tools) to mount yourself actually (still time and work) and then take to your preferred tire shop for balancing. They are DOT approved so you shouldn't get that line that they can't because of insurance.
True. But it also looks like half an hour per wheel to mount. It would be a test of my “do it yourself” patience.

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you also need the relocation bracket?
Sorry, missed this. I did add a GoRhino relocation bracket, but I’m not sure I need it. I’ll remeasure this weekend to see if it’s really necessary.

Bumpstops certainly need surgery, given the offset difference.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
That’s a good lookin wheel. I’ve always been fond of the walker evans wheels but they are beginning to look dated. 10 years ago they were awesome though! The Hutchinson wheel looks at home on a Jeep. I saw a set about 5 years ago on a neighbors jku. It is actually a cool build with a lot of state of the art steering technology. He owns a steering and suspension component manufacturing outfit that typically caters to the rarest vehicles in the world. They make a lot of bespoke parts and continue to make odd ball parts for everything dating back to the brass era vehicles. He began building Jeep stuff when he got into the hobby. Long story short, I’ve liked the wheels ever since.

OP
OP
mikej

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That’s a good lookin wheel. I’ve always been fond of the walker evans wheels but they are beginning to look dated. 10 years ago they were awesome though! The Hutchinson wheel looks at home on a Jeep. I saw a set about 5 years ago on a neighbors jku. It is actually a cool build with a lot of state of the art steering technology. He owns a steering and suspension component manufacturing outfit that typically caters to the rarest vehicles in the world. They make a lot of bespoke parts and continue to make odd ball parts for everything dating back to the brass era vehicles. He began building Jeep stuff when he got into the hobby. Long story short, I’ve liked the wheels ever since.
I totally agree. These feel like they’ll always look right at home. My expectation is that this is the first and last set of wheels I buy for the Jeep.
Sponsored