Sponsored

Any 2.0L Jeep Wrangler JL in sight for delivery?

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Went off-roading yesterday for the first time. My 2.0L JLR handled the muddy trails effortlessly. Had a blast!

upload_2018-9-30_11-50-6.jpeg

upload_2018-9-30_11-52-28.jpeg
You have a dash mount or just using your phone? We’re doing a “fall color run” this next weekend. I think there’s about 14 going so far.

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I'm so happy that we waited so long for the 2.0L. Still had lots of power at 13,114' Imogene Pass that the wife drove up! I'm sure that the 6 cyclinder would do it too, but dang this think is impressive. All day 4 x 4 with lots of low range and still ~18 mpg!

IMG_1318.jpg

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
You have a dash mount or just using your phone? We’re doing a “fall color run” this next weekend. I think there’s about 14 going so far.
Just my phone for now. Any good dash mount recommendations?
There were 3 of us this weekend in Upstate NY but we had so much fun that we are already planning an encore this coming weekend, in VT this time. Where is your fall color run?

Sponsored

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just my phone for now. Any good dash mount recommendations?
There were 3 of us this weekend in Upstate NY but we had so much fun that we are already planning an encore this coming weekend, in VT this time. Where is your fall color run?
I haven’t looked into dash mounts really yet but I may try using our go pro. They have a bunch of accessories etc. The fall color run is in the Mountain, WI area.

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
I haven’t looked into dash mounts really yet but I may try using our go pro. They have a bunch of accessories etc. The fall color run is in the Mountain, WI area.
Sixteen hours from NYC :(
Won’t be able to join this one, but have an awesome time and don’t forget to share pics!

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Salesman called me today. My Jeep is in Salt Lake City shipping yard. Only 6 hours from my dealership, but depending on truck schedule could be there next week or 4 weeks.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Salesman called me today. My Jeep is in Salt Lake City shipping yard. Only 6 hours from my dealership, but depending on truck schedule could be there next week or 4 weeks.
You would think JEEP had a Rail Drop-Off Yard somewhere along I-90, say in Montana - to cover the NW States ? They better hurry - Winter snows in them Rockies common soon !? Hmm, to bad they wouldn't consider dropping it off at a Local SLC dealership - and you could fly / bus down and take any number of really scenic routes back to Sandpoint ! ?

Sponsored

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
signed, sealed, and delivered... tax, title, and plates... today (tues), after ~217days... already put on 200 miles... my 2 cents and initial impressions? (at least in comparison to the old 08 jk workhorse)...
front leg room, could use another inch - as was the jk and was able to fix with an after market seat modification, leg tends to rest against the 4wd shifter and is simply a small annoyance...
ess happy to let it do it's thing, funny though, the first time was disconcerting, bringing back nightmares of cars past that wouldn't be dared to start once, less twice, still ,confidence built after a few times, springing to life and begging for acceleration...
turbo and heat, not even noticeable, maybe just not aggressive enough during break-in miles with windows up on a colder day...
handling and noise, night and day compared to the jk (rubicon), challenging for the jk to stay between the lines and the jl (sport) is effortless, jk rode like riding a washboard and jl is enjoyable, the jk hardly needed a radio for the road noise while the jl quietly begs for noise... the jl is just awesome and luxurious in comparison to my old beater...
the head lights seem too bright for on coming cars, but maybe normal for new cars nowadays - driving down a country road earlier and pulled behind an old pickup at a stop sign around dusk - must have thought we where the police - stopped for an unruly long time before moving on... and sometimes on-coming cars defiantly turn on their brights...
gadgets on the display are cute, but for now the knobs are tried and true...
the automatic seems to me perfectly matched...
fit and quality seem to me above average...
reliability - so far so good...
:)

IMG_20181002_174849318_HDR.jpg

Gretzky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
20181002_190122.jpg

Picked up my crystal granite Sahara yesterday. Drove it to the most Easterly Point in North America, "Cape Spear" in Newfoundland.
My impressions are "this is awesome. " 1st time I have ever driven a Wrangler though I have researched them for 20 years lol. Sold my old 2003 sunfire for $50.00 at a salvage yard right before picking up my jeep lol.
So far I can't put into words how proud I am to be in my Wrangler. It was a long wait since ordering on April 10th but well worth it. I also discovered the Jeep Wave is alive and well in Newfoundland.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome you guys both finally got yours (the same day?!). I (and someone else) almost had a VERY bad morning. Some IDIOT drifted over the center line entirely into my lane and if I had not been paying attention would have hit me directly head on. They would've been toast. They MUST have been playing on their phone or something. I DO NOT understand how you can't see the 6 LED lights on front of the Jeep beaming right into your face with the 2" lift and 35" tires. Wow, had to quick maneuver (as did the person behind me) while laying on the horn into the (luckily it was there) far right lane. *deep breath(s)*

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
Awesome you guys both finally got yours (the same day?!). I (and someone else) almost had a VERY bad morning. Some IDIOT drifted over the center line entirely into my lane and if I had not been paying attention would have hit me directly head on. They would've been toast. They MUST have been playing on their phone or something. I DO NOT understand how you can't see the 6 LED lights on front of the Jeep beaming right into your face with the 2" lift and 35" tires. Wow, had to quick maneuver (as did the person behind me) while laying on the horn into the (luckily it was there) far right lane. *deep breath(s)*
Scary! Maybe the wandering driver had worked a night shift and fell asleep for a second (not that it’s any excuse). So glad that you and others in your lane are OK.
Sponsored