Recommendations on high clearance exhaust

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon 3.6L 3 pedal
My 2 door JL Rubicon shows up in just a couple weeks, and I'm wanting to have the exhaust already on hand for when it does. I want to do a full cat back high clearance kit for it, but don't have experience with any of the them as this is my first Wrangler, and in search of recommendations for who makes the best one, or who to stay away from?

The options that I see for high clearance exhausts are:
Magnaflow 19386 - Link
Magnaflow 19431 - Link
Flowmaster 817851 - Link
Gibson 617308 (with extreme terrain tip) - Link
AFE 49-48065-P (when its available for a 2 door) - Link
Borla 140747 (when its available for a 2 door) - Link

It will be my daily driver, but I'm only about 10 miles from work and mostly back roads. I'm not opposed to sound, but also don't want my wife to hate it when we do a couple hour trip in it. Any insight is much appreciated.
Sponsored

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
I have the AFE Rock Basher and have zero complaints. Its currently 4 door only though.

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its great. There is someone who put a sound clip of it up. Its louder then stock but not by a whole lot, I would say def on the mild side but people interpret sound differently. There is pretty much no chance of damaging the exhaust off road which was the major selling point for me.

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Its great. There is someone who put a sound clip of it up. Its louder then stock but not by a whole lot, I would say def on the mild side but people interpret sound differently. There is pretty much no chance of damaging the exhaust off road which was the major selling point for me.
Yeah, I want it for the clearance but I tend to want a more louder exhaust note.

Sponsored

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its def not loud, but it is a really short exhaust and 3inch piping so I cant imagine the other choices being "loud" either.

PABoots

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
My 2 door JL Rubicon shows up in just a couple weeks, and I'm wanting to have the exhaust already on hand for when it does. I want to do a full cat back high clearance kit for it, but don't have experience with any of the them as this is my first Wrangler, and in search of recommendations for who makes the best one, or who to stay away from?

The options that I see for high clearance exhausts are:
Magnaflow 19386 - Link
Magnaflow 19431 - Link
Flowmaster 817851 - Link
Gibson 617308 (with extreme terrain tip) - Link
AFE 49-48065-P (when its available for a 2 door) - Link
Borla 140747 (when its available for a 2 door) - Link

It will be my daily driver, but I'm only about 10 miles from work and mostly back roads. I'm not opposed to sound, but also don't want my wife to hate it when we do a couple hour trip in it. Any insight is much appreciated.

This is a clip I just recorded on my JL Rubicon 2door. Deep and aggressive tone. Exactly what I had hoped for. People have already been asking if I had a stock engine lol.
Flowmaster 817851 Cat-back Kit 18 Wrangler JL 3.6L 2 Door Outlaw

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Sounds great. Can you get a clip of in-car driving? Speeding up from 0 to like 45 maybe?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have it too and I thought the same thing but i actually hit it haha it was suprising. But it is a good exhaust I agree I love the tone of it!

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Just installed their Gt Momentum 7, (wanted max filtration), and have this high clearance exhaust to mate up to it.
Went to offroad show, and met up with regional guy who gave a really good deal.
So far, when you get on it, (butterfly goes more than 1/3) the intake groans a little more because of the huge opening on passenger side.
I'm quite sure it will be substantially louder than stock once I get the exhaust on tomorrow and put my foot in it.
Seat of pants increase in HP's?,..eh,...I'm sure it breathes easier, the 2 door is a rocket already.
Once the "real" tuners start to come out and we can set A/F mixtures, etc, I'm sure it will be very noticeable.
Install was a snap, and like OP, I too, wanted a high tucking exhaust.
I am not doing 37's like most seem to be doing, so I won't have as much clearance.
Ordered my Methods, 35" KM3's, and had Marcus @ River City set me up with a Rock Krawler X factor 2.5 with Falcon 3.3's.
I did get my Jtops today, what a quality top they have.
Will do a write up on it too, but it looks like rain, so I will have to wait a day or so.

Once I get all this on, I will do a write up and review, as it took a while for me to get set on things.
Love this forum, get to bounce ideas off everyone, and read some pretty cool stuff.

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The afe sounds just like that clip posted above. Like I said eatlier, sound level is very subjective. My description of mild is someone else’s deep and aggressive lol. I don’t even consider the exhaust on my built heads/cam Z06 loud and it’s wayyyyy louder then the Jeep. Best bet is if you can find someone local to you and hear in person.

Also depending on the type of wheeling you do those tips have the chance of getting crushed.
Sponsored

Last edited: