Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Any one ever order the cove that falls when you fold the rear seat to cover the gap between the seat and cargo area?
In my opinion it’s not worth it. I got take offs from another member and the leather ones cover that area. The gap hider bracket can be purchased from allmoparparts
Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m not mistaken, I just read in here that there is an option for hex type leather seats as well as factory perforated leather seats on the 19s.
I just used the online builder and did the interior 360 view and switched the options to figure it out.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
hey fellas, I’m ordering my JLUR with cloth. Reason being the leather package has the center console which is a problem if I want to put a toddlers seat in the middle. I know most are pro-leather but I figured why not show some love and benefits of having the cloth..?

One question I have, do any of you guys get zapped when exiting? I always get zapped in every cloth vehicle, it’s like I’m electrically charged all the time!

Anyways post you reason for choosing cloth and the benefits. Some benefits I can think of are 1. They tend to be a better option for the direct sun as black leather will burn your bun. 2. You can always go katzkin later and have more color options. This should help a lot of guys decide.
There are a lot of replies and opinions to your question, my lack of attention span has prevented me from reading all of them, so if I repeat something meh.
Anyway, have had vehicles with cheap leather and good leather, the JL leather didn’t feel that good to me. Additionally, for some strange reason, since the JK the cloth rubi seats have always felt more comfortable to me, cant explain it, my @ss is different than everyone else’s, etc. you need to spend as much time as possible in the cloth and leather seat to see which one your @ss prefers. I liked the arm rest in the back on the leather kit, don’t have car seat obiligations so that was not a consideration, to me the Jeep leather didn’t feel like it was worth the price increase and the cushion in the cloth seat mad my @ss happier.
Happy hunting!

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
When the weather gets cold and dry I’ll let you know about the zapping. They do a good job of removing dog hair from my shirt.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
hey fellas, I’m ordering my JLUR with cloth. Reason being the leather package has the center console which is a problem if I want to put a toddlers seat in the middle. I know most are pro-leather but I figured why not show some love and benefits of having the cloth..?

One question I have, do any of you guys get zapped when exiting? I always get zapped in every cloth vehicle, it’s like I’m electrically charged all the time!

Anyways post you reason for choosing cloth and the benefits. Some benefits I can think of are 1. They tend to be a better option for the direct sun as black leather will burn your bun. 2. You can always go katzkin later and have more color options. This should help a lot of guys decide.
Have tan cloth in our Sahara and love it. Never gets to boot and looks great. Got the cold weather package as well. Probably get seat covers down the road. Not really a leather fan unless it's ventilated.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Have tan cloth in our Sahara and love it. Never gets to boot and looks great. Got the cold weather package as well. Probably get seat covers down the road. Not really a leather fan unless it's ventilated.
Exactly what I was thinking, leather is only good if cooled. At least on the wrangler, where the sun bakes the leather.

Gemstoner

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GC Altitude Billet Silver, lowered
Yea pal, but remember I canceled that order because of the financing requirement.
Hi Carbonalpine - can you specify what your mean by “ canceled (MOPAR leather option) because of the financing requirement”?
Or refer me to that post

My JLUS black hardtop build is 99% ready to go.
Just stick on fabric vs Jeep leather vs MOPAR leather choices. Mystery why FCA eliminates back armrest and cargo gap cover with fabric !

I’m new and love this forum. Except for Koons & Criswell, we know more about Wranglers than dealers !

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Hi Carbonalpine - can you specify what your mean by “ canceled (MOPAR leather option) because of the financing requirement”?
Or refer me to that post

My JLUS black hardtop build is 99% ready to go.
Just stick on fabric vs Jeep leather vs MOPAR leather choices. Mystery why FCA eliminates back armrest and cargo gap cover with fabric !

I’m new and love this forum. Except for Koons & Criswell, we know more about Wranglers than dealers !
I was speaking about a financing requirement a dealer had, which led me to change my order to another dealer. Nothing to do with leather

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
I ordered cloth on my JLUR because I live in Texas. If there were perforated, ventilated leather seats in a lighter shade that worked with Hella Yella, I might have considered them (maybe a grey). Ultimately, it is easy to upgrade to leather (Katzkin) for around the same price as factory leather if you change your mind later. I just hate the way leather gets so hot (or cold) based on the weather.

Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Is this still the case on MY22s?

On a Separate note: One thing to know and its a problem on the JL as it was on the JK. Cloth and leather. The middle 2nd row seat has no support of any kind under it. Its just foam. So I bought one of these from MetalCloak.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.14.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 12.14.39 PM.png

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Do you ever get zapped? Or is the Rubicon cloth different
I have the cloth seats and I have not gotten zapped so far. I'm guessing this is due to the outside of the Jeep largely being not made of metal. 😄