Sponsored

FCA Financing Question

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
hey all,

We just picked up our jeep and part of our deal was we had to finance through a chryser company. The dealer said make 6 payments then refinance. I read over the contract and never did I see it said we had to make 6 payments. Is that just a courtesy thing or what?

If anyone has the same issue can you please shed some light. Thank you!!
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You can refinance it immediately if you like. They want you to stick with Chrysler Capital for 6 months so they get paid. You donā€™t have to.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
hey all,

We just picked up our jeep and part of our deal was we had to finance through a chryser company. The dealer said make 6 payments then refinance. I read over the contract and never did I see it said we had to make 6 payments. Is that just a courtesy thing or what?

If anyone has the same issue can you please shed some light. Thank you!!
It is Illegal in most states to stop you from pre-paying a loan

grapejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the same deal and they told me that too. I plan on refinancing as soon as I can.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I just posted a thread about this, the dealer is requiring I finance with them. I just donā€™t know who they will use and if they will rig my interest to raise it. Iā€™m so confused, Iā€™m in Florida and so is the dealer. What should I do? Ask them which banks they use or if I can refinance? Iā€™m so lost

To the OP, Iā€™ve heard many people refinance from Chrysler, you donā€™t have to stay 6 months. I just wish I knew who my dealer will use come the day my car arrives?

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just posted a thread about this, the dealer is requiring I finance with them. I just donā€™t know who they will use and if they will rig my interest to raise it. Iā€™m so confused, Iā€™m in Florida and so is the dealer. What should I do? Ask them which banks they use or if I can refinance? Iā€™m so lost

To the OP, Iā€™ve heard many people refinance from Chrysler, you donā€™t have to stay 6 months. I just wish I knew who my dealer will use come the day my car arrives?
You should NEVER enter any loan where you donā€™t even know who you owe the money to. Why wonā€™t they tell you the financing source or interest rate beforehand? That sounds a little off.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I just donā€™t know who they will use and if they will rig my interest to raise it. Iā€™m so confused Iā€™m so lost I just wish I knew who my dealer will use come the day my car arrives?
If the lender's workers wear black fedoras and sunglasses , and tell you "Fork over the clams" , you will never pay off the interest ever .

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You should NEVER enter any loan where you donā€™t even know who you owe the money to. Why wonā€™t they tell you the financing source or interest rate beforehand? That sounds a little off.
I didnā€™t know they could on an ordered car. So I should ask them to tell me the bank they use and run my credit before I order?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I didnā€™t know they could on an ordered car. So I should ask them to tell me the bank they use and run my credit before I order?
You have over 800 credit score so you will qualify for most any lenderā€™s best rate. They can tell you what that rate is without running a credit check. Also, you probably canā€™t lock in a rate more than 30 or 45 days before executing the loan. It could change in that time. If it does, thereā€™s nothing you can do about that. If youā€™re going to play their game and finance with them then turn around and refinance with your own lender at a better rate, make sure youā€™ve got that lender lined up beforehand to avoid surprises.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You have over 800 credit score so you will qualify for most any lenderā€™s best rate. They can tell you what that rate is without running a credit check. Also, you probably canā€™t lock in a rate more than 30 or 45 days before executing the loan. It could change in that time. If it does, thereā€™s nothing you can do about that. If youā€™re going to play their game and finance with them then turn around and refinance with your own lender at a better rate, make sure youā€™ve got that lender lined up beforehand to avoid surprises.
So tomorrow I will ask them which bank they will use and what my interest will look like. Also, can they add fees like warranties and gap since they control the financing?

Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Broker/Owner

1st question. Why do you have to finance with them, is it because they are giving you the best deal? If not tell them to pound sand. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO REQUIRE YOU TO USE THE DEALER FINANCING IN EVERY STATE. That said they can require it if they are giving you a special deal as an incentive. If that is the case take it. Now go shop rates at credit unions, banks and some insurance companies (State Farm) if they have better rates or terms tell them you want to finance thru them, the dealers tell you that you must make 6 payments, that is total BS and again tell them nothing, just refinance it right away. Itā€™s simple, this is the everyday crap they should be teaching in high school, stuff you can actually use in life. Your interest rate is also based on your beacon score so not everyone get the same terms or rates, I never pay more then 2.99% and my last BMW was 60 months for 0% why would I not do it, itā€™s free money for 5 years.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Broker/Owner
So tomorrow I will ask them which bank they will use and what my interest will look like. Also, can they add fees like warranties and gap since they control the financing?
DO NOT BUY GAP INSURANCE FROM A DEALER. That is like trying to put out a Jeep fire by pissing on it, call your insurance company and ask if you need it (most likely not) if so they can do it for half the price.

RialbSelur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI SE

Try and email Earl Stewart out of West Palm Beach. He owns a toyota dealership, and has a radio show called "Earl on Cars". He has a Youtube channel by the same name, as well. Seems counter-intuitive that he might be helpful in this situation, but his radio show is all about uncovering the BS that car dealers try to shovel. [email protected]

Good luck

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
1st question. Why do you have to finance with them, is it because they are giving you the best deal? If not tell them to pound sand. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO REQUIRE YOU TO USE THE DEALER FINANCING IN EVERY STATE. That said they can require it if they are giving you a special deal as an incentive. If that is the case take it. Now go shop rates at credit unions, banks and some insurance companies (State Farm) if they have better rates or terms tell them you want to finance thru them, the dealers tell you that you must make 6 payments, that is total BS and again tell them nothing, just refinance it right away. Itā€™s simple, this is the everyday crap they should be teaching in high school, stuff you can actually use in life. Your interest rate is also based on your beacon score so not everyone get the same terms or rates, I never pay more then 2.99% and my last BMW was 60 months for 0% why would I not do it, itā€™s free money for 5 years.
I hear ya, this deal is just too messy to begin with. They lowered 7% under invoice but charge $1200 dealer fees. They require I finance with them but wonā€™t tell me which bank or rate I qualify for. Itā€™s just an issue waiting to happen. Since itā€™s going to be an ordered unit, the wait will eat me up thinking the dealer is concocting a master scheme when itā€™s time to sign. They stick on additional fees and interest and Iā€™m screwed. If they were up front and in writing told me Iā€™m getting Chrysler capital at whichever rate I qualify for, it would be different

Frogger06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ
Recently bought the wife an Explorer. Finance guy there had me go through FoMoCo to qualify for a rebate, and told me to make one payment and then refinance it myself. If FCA doesn't have the best rates or are not offering you any deals on going through them then yes definitely pound sand time.
Sponsored