Sponsored

Mopar Accessories

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I thought that I had read somewhere also that 35's will fit on the spare carrier. I'm just going oversized carrier for an "in case"
I believe it was the Ace engineering video where they said modifications would have to be done to mount the 35” on the carrier. Since they physically had a Jeep and were trying to mount a 35” I’m gonna go ahead and say it wasn’t speculation.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Is it your desire to be able to build MOPAR accessories into your leased or financed purchase and have them show on the window sticker for Insurance coverage if the vehicle is stolen or totaled?

I'd like what you want here too, but I'm not sure that FCA is willing to let people finance ( at least with their financing as opposed to your credit card) add on parts, or that such add ons can be scheduled on your Insurance as replaceable if stolen individually, or as part of a larger loss on the vehicle itself due to accident or theft.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it was the Ace engineering video where they said modifications would have to be done to mount the 35” on the carrier. Since they physically had a Jeep and were trying to mount a 35” I’m gonna go ahead and say it wasn’t speculation.
Theirs was a Sport, though. We'll see if the Rubi has a little more clearance, or not. I'm hoping it does. I'm leaning toward the 315 sized Duratrac. It only weighs 61 pounds, so if it fits, I might be able to go without the tailgate reinforcement and oversize spare tire mount. That would save a lot of money and a bit of weight.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
...I'm not sure that FCA is willing to let people finance ( at least with their financing as opposed to your credit card) add on parts...
Manny was very explicit at the LA auto show when showing off the green JL that the Mopar parts could not only be financed with the vehicle, but at least the snorkel could be installed at the factory, and if you look at the Mopar parts brochure illustrated elsewhere here, only a few parts dedicated to off-road use such as the 2" lift are flagged as not able to be installed at the factory.

I have no idea what that means for insurance.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Theirs was a Sport, though. We'll see if the Rubi has a little more clearance, or not. I'm hoping it does. I'm leaning toward the 315 sized Duratrac. It only weighs 61 pounds, so if it fits, I might be able to go without the tailgate reinforcement and oversize spare tire mount. That would save a lot of money and a bit of weight.
Do you think the spare mounts are any different. Highly doubtful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the spare mounts are any different. Highly doubtful.
The bumper may be different on the Rubi, with an enlarged wheel divot (for lack of a better term.) Remember, the Rubi is sporting 33's. The bumper is where Ace couldn't fit it.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
The bumper may be different on the Rubi, with an enlarged wheel divot (for lack of a better term.) Remember, the Rubi is sporting 33's. The bumper is where Ace couldn't fit it.
Maybe steel rear bumper allows 35 to fit?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Sort of. My dealer had access to it, but we don't...or didn't. I haven't looked in a couple of days. But, they were able to order me the 2" lift, the HD tire carrier, the tailgate re-enforcement and the bumper hoop. Helped that I had part numbers...lol See the linked thread...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ing-released-for-jl-wrangler.2094/#post-28686
I’m interested in how you ordered these items, they aren’t even in the database to order. I was at parts department looking over the shoulder of the manager and they were not in the computer...

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe steel rear bumper allows 35 to fit?
Look at this new pic from the indy car show. Looks like there's room for 35. This does not appear to be steel rear bumper..

63BAE4BE-E0FB-4F92-97B2-2D13A1CC2AD2.jpeg

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Does this Rubi have leather inside? If not, please take a picture of the back seat!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Does this Rubi have leather inside? If not, please take a picture of the back seat!
I had limited access, but you can see all the pics in the Photos forum under Indy Auto Show. Definitely wasn’t leather.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m interested in how you ordered these items, they aren’t even in the database to order. I was at parts department looking over the shoulder of the manager and they were not in the computer...
I took the name of the item, the part number (from the brochure Jay posted in another thread), and the price with me to the dealer. He then went back to the parts guy, he looked 'em up verified, and confirmed. When I say ordered 'em, I don't mean that they will be on the JLU when it arrives...rather, I mean they will be there for me to pick up when it arrives. The items were in his database...

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I took the name of the item, the part number (from the brochure Jay posted in another thread), and the price with me to the dealer. He then went back to the parts guy, he looked 'em up verified, and confirmed. When I say ordered 'em, I don't mean that they will be on the JLU when it arrives...rather, I mean they will be there for me to pick up when it arrives. The items were in his database...
Cool, I’ll try doing the same and wrap it into my financing. Thx
Sponsored