Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL 4F06119F-E150-4C8D-A11A-8A36BB17EFB9
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL harness2
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL Harness
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL 433DB751-AD26-46C0-9402-2804C72372C8
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL B71C4257-4915-4D13-A91C-CDC6016EB630
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Amp (s) Audio Install Wrangler JL E07EA550-2D1B-46B3-9945-0EAB45233DF6

Aftermarket Amplifier and Audio install

So i just completed the install of my aftermarket audio upgrade using the factory 5” uconnect radio in my Wrangler JL and it sounds amazing. The bass even lifts my wipers. I have to say thanks to the original thread post for some very helpful info.

Here is a list of things i used to complete the install successfully.

- Axxess ax-dsp-ch5 harness ( this is so I wouldn’t have to cut into the factory harness and i can also go back to the factory setup plug and play)

- four 47ohm 5w ceramic resistors

- speedwire 9 conductor 18awg cable (used from radio side of the harness to the line out converter and used from the speaker side of the harness to the four channel amplifier)

- 0/1 gauge Power and Ground cables ( went thru the passengers grommet under the glove box to the battery)

- 3250 Watts RMS @ 1ohm amp for Sub

- 400 Watts RMS @ 4ohm 4 channel amp to the speakers

- AudioControl LC7i line out converter and ACR1 remote control

**Amp and LOC are placed in the rear floor storage bin.
**Also planning to add a audio battery in the rear to support the system.
**I use the positive side of the front cigarette lighter as a remote turn on. (Do not use signal sensing or GTO feature from LC7i as remote turn on as it will cause your equipment to stay on all night and drain your batteries)

Please See : this original thread by Sting_NC_USA for more detailed information about installation process
( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-an-aftermarket-amp-s.6568/ )

Update 07-06-20: i got rid of the lc7i and replaced it with the JL Fix86. Night and day difference in sound quality and confirgurability.

View attachment 73665

View attachment 73666
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I'm using the exact same equipment to the lc7. Are you getting a momentary increase in audio when the auto start feature starts your Jeep after stopping and the engine restarts?

OP
OP
NYknowledge

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I'm using the exact same equipment to the lc7. Are you getting a momentary increase in audio when the auto start feature starts your Jeep after stopping and the engine restarts?
Well i haven't really noticed a change in volume in the instance your referring to. Honestly i turn the auto stop start off when i get in the vehicle and know i'm gonna be playing my system because i'm pushing so much power. When the bass drops in my truck it lifts the windshield wipers

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Would you mind running a test for me? Just play it at the level you would if you were to have a conversation without disabling the autostart? I would like to see if you experience any pops or audio bumps at restart. I understand if you're not into it, but thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
NYknowledge

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Would you mind running a test for me? Just play it at the level you would if you were to have a conversation without disabling the autostart? I would like to see if you experience any pops or audio bumps at restart. I understand if you're not into it, but thanks for your reply.
Sure. I will try it out and let you know the results

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
4F06119F-E150-4C8D-A11A-8A36BB17EFB9.jpeg
View attachment 73665 View attachment 73666
433DB751-AD26-46C0-9402-2804C72372C8.jpeg
B71C4257-4915-4D13-A91C-CDC6016EB630.jpeg
E07EA550-2D1B-46B3-9945-0EAB45233DF6.jpeg

So i just completed the install of my aftermarket audio uprade using the factory 5” uconnect radio in my Wrangler JL and it sounds amazing. The bass even lifts my wipers. I have to say thanks to the orginal thread post for some very helpful info.

- Axxess ax-dsp-ch5 harness ( this is so I wouldn’t have to cut into the factory harness and i can also go back to the factory setup plug and play)

- speedwire 9 conductor 18awg cable (used from radio side of the harness to the line out converter and used from the speaker side of the harness to the fourchannel amplifier)

- 0 guage Power and Ground cables ( went thru the passengers grommet under the glove box to thebattery)

- 3000 Watts RMS @ 1ohm amp for Sub

- 400 Watts RMS @ 4ohm amp the speakers

- AudioControl LC7i line out coverter and ACR1 remote control

Amp and LOC are placed in the rear floor storage bin.
Also planning to add a audio battery in the rear tosupport thee system.

See : this thread for more detailed info
( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/members/sting_nc_usa.15642/ )
You posted the wrong link..

OP
OP
NYknowledge

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
So I checked and I don’t get that issue

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
im doing same setup as you , can i bother you if i need some help ?

thanks in advance !

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
4F06119F-E150-4C8D-A11A-8A36BB17EFB9.jpeg
harness2.jpeg
Harness.jpeg
433DB751-AD26-46C0-9402-2804C72372C8.jpeg
B71C4257-4915-4D13-A91C-CDC6016EB630.jpeg
E07EA550-2D1B-46B3-9945-0EAB45233DF6.jpeg

So i just completed the install of my aftermarket audio upgrade using the factory 5” uconnect radio in my Wrangler JL and it sounds amazing. The bass even lifts my wipers. I have to say thanks to the original thread post for some very helpful info.

- speedwire 9 conductor 18awg cable (used from radio side of the harness to the line out converter and used from the speaker side of the harness to the four channel amplifier)

- 0/1 gauge Power and Ground cables ( went thru the passengers grommet under the glove box to the battery)

- 3250 Watts RMS @ 1ohm amp for Sub

- 400 Watts RMS @ 4ohm 4 channel amp to the speakers

- AudioControl LC7i line out converter and ACR1 remote control

**Amp and LOC are placed in the rear floor storage bin.
**Also planning to add a audio battery in the rear to support the system.
**I use the positive side of the front cigarette lighter as a remote turn on. (Do not use signal sensing or GTO feature from LC7i as remote turn on as it will cause your equipment to stay on all night and drain your batteries)

Please See : this original thread by Sting_NC_USA for more detailed information about installation process
( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-an-aftermarket-amp-s.6568/ )

View attachment 73665

View attachment 73666
Yep I used to have audio that was 100 times the limit of human hearing tolerance when I was your age and now 2 hearing aids help me hear a little bit. I guess my dad was right when he told me wisdom comes with age.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
@NYknowledge ...or anyone else that might know the answer.
See attached pics from NYknowledge install.
For my install I would like to just add an amp/sub. I will purchase an Audio Control LC2i, and probably the bass knob for it.
It looks like the Axxess kit used, if I use it correctly on my assumptions in the below pics, the factory speaker wires (that are used for the line in on the LOC) will not need to be cut. All I would need to do is match up the left & right speaker colors to this harness and factory colors and run the 4 speaker wires from Axxess harness to the LOC. Is that correct?

Do I even need the Axxess harness? If I just need to splice in 2 wires from the factory wiring, seems a waste of 30 bucks just to avoid that.

If I do need the Axxess or end up getting one...
Would I need to run 4 wires to the LOC if using just 1 mono amp or can I just run 2 (+ & -) wires to the LOC? (I am assuming if I can run just 2 wires, left or right speaker shouldnt matter).

axxess harness 2.jpg
axxess harness 1pdf.jpg
Sponsored