Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
So I just bought my first wrangler. I ordered it without discussing price (I know a couple of sales managers at my local dealer). MSRP ended up being $49,110. It came in on Friday and I wasn’t able to pick it up until Monday so the weekend was spent negotiating price via text. I ended up at $42,100. When people say below invoice are they talking about the MSRP?

24E69AFE-AF9B-451B-8E07-0CC5E8F3E02F.jpeg
Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
So I just bought my first wrangler. I ordered it without discussing price (I know a couple of sales managers at my local dealer). MSRP ended up being $49,110. It came in on Friday and I wasn’t able to pick it up until Monday so the weekend was spent negotiating price via text. I ended up at $42,100. When people say below invoice are they talking about the MSRP?

The MSRP for the 19 JL I ordered was $54,407 (invoice is $51,192). I got it for 7.5% under invoice, which is $47,352. I'm guessing your invoice price is probably around $46-47k. From what I've seen on here, most deals are usually around 6% under invoice so you got yourself a pretty good deal.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT

So you got $7000 off MSRP (sticker) that’s huge ....The Rubicon I want to order lists for 54k and the most I been able to get off is $6000. ....with your numbers and the fact the Jeep I want is 5k more leaves me to believe I should get more than $7,000 off. Did you get any military rebates or other rebates?

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Well good for you!

Most of us go through hoops and hurdles to get that discount, and you found it in your backyard

Great brother, enjoy

Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
So I just bought my first wrangler. I ordered it without discussing price (I know a couple of sales managers that owe me a favor).
That's a great price. Enjoy.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Isn’t it weird how everyone discusses discounts on the new Wrangler without making any mention of a (possible) trade-in?

Also, a doc fee of nearly $1000 in Florida compared to a state like NY where state law severely limits doc fees, will have a big impact on percentage discounts that are mentioned by other forum members.

I received 7.5% under invoice on a 2 door Sport (no trade-in, cash buy) which sounds pretty incredible, but... the $699 doc fee in my deal has a big impact on the percentage. Why does this matter? Because a buyer in a low doc fee state would have more-or-less matched my deal with a 5.5-6% under invoice deal, since $699 is @ 2% of my negotiated 7.5% under invoice price. DOC FEES MATTER. If you mention a discount w/o also mentioning the doc fee (hopefully the dealer didn’t add even more fees to negate the discount) then it makes one deal impossible to justly compare to another.

But none of that makes much difference if you negotiated on the value of your trade-in, too.

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t it weird how everyone discusses discounts on the new Wrangler without making any mention of a (possible) trade-in?

Also, a doc fee of nearly $1000 in Florida compared to a state like NY where state law severely limits doc fees, will have a big impact on percentage discounts that are mentioned by other forum members.

I received 7.5% under invoice on a 2 door Sport (no trade-in, cash buy) which sounds pretty incredible, but... the $699 doc fee in my deal has a big impact on the percentage. Why does this matter? Because a buyer in a low doc fee state would have more-or-less matched my deal with a 5.5-6% under invoice deal, since $699 is @ 2% of my negotiated 7.5% under invoice price. DOC FEES MATTER. If you mention a discount w/o also mentioning the doc fee (hopefully the dealer didn’t add even more fees to negate the discount) then it makes one deal impossible to justly compare to another.

But none of that makes much difference if you negotiated on the value of your trade-in, too.
No trade in. This is a pleasure vehicle for me. 6.75% sales tax and my out the door was 46,000 but not exactly sure what the doc fee was. Maybe $250. The $42000 included destination.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joshin38

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
So you got $7000 off MSRP (sticker) that’s huge ....The Rubicon I want to order lists for 54k and the most I been able to get off is $6000. ....with your numbers and the fact the Jeep I want is 5k more leaves me to believe I should get more than $7,000 off. Did you get any military rebates or other rebates?
I don’t believe they did use a military even though they could have. He told me he was giving me his price. I have bought a truck and two grand cherokees from him so of course he acts like my best friend but you never know with those guys.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Think you did well...certainly nothing to feel like you were taken on that's for sure!

Hard part is over, enjoy now!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Unsure why folks are worried about trade-in. You can get a good deal on the jeep purchase and also either get a good/bad deal on a trade. The dealer wants you to think of it as a package, which it is not.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Unsure why folks are worried about trade-in. You can get a good deal on the jeep purchase and also either get a good/bad deal on a trade. The dealer wants you to think of it as a package, which it is not.
You answered your own question about why be worried about trade-in.

“You can get a... good/bad deal on a trade.” From the dealers perspective- If you let me lowball your trade, I’ll show you a 10% under invoice deal. Easy.
Sponsored