Kansascoast

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Yeah, it's just one of those Wrangler things. A bottle of Back to Black works nicely, though. I'm hoping they've got some better material being used for the JL fenders, but it ain't the end of the world if they need that little extra care. Besides, there's a sense of therapy when one washes and details a Jeep, you know?
I think Iā€™ll go with the unpainted. Seems there are pros and cons for both but I am off the pavement a lot and think they will not show the pits as badly. Thanks to everyone for weighing in!
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I have also been picking this around for my JT order. I remember seeing a red Rubicon that had painted fronts, and black backs. It looked great in my opinion.

I have decided to go with the painted fenders with a clear film protectant on them. If they get chipped up after a few years I'll buy somebody Rubicon takeoffs when they switch to aftermarkets.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
8453BBBA-84DA-4CF2-8516-93498A4534D7.jpeg
I was set on colored fenders, but rethinking that now...
See, this looks good; the black fenders with the painted hard top. Of course, the top is prone to scratches as well, but at least you can take it off.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
FAC94424-946F-420E-AB07-6BB32923E55C.jpeg
8453BBBA-84DA-4CF2-8516-93498A4534D7.jpeg
I was set on colored fenders, but rethinking that now...
Your picture of the 4 door with black fenders really shows me something as well. Iā€™m contemplating painted or black myself on a 2 door. The 4 door has much more body color than the 2 door and the black fenders donā€™t overwhelm the entire package. The 2 door, being much smaller, looks much better with the painted fenders. My picture is Sting Gray from the Jeep.com configurator.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
I agree on some colors the black looks better. I think white is one of those.

03594C4E-D5D3-4BE0-A6D4-22B362266C3E.jpeg
That does look nice. Although, it does get me wondering how bad the rear painted fenders will get banged up on my setup.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The reason the New painted fenders look so much better imo, is the two tone effect. I really didnā€™t like the painted on the JK but it seems the new design gives you the best of both worlds. If Iā€™m scratching the top of the fenders Iā€™m likely scratching the hood and doors too. Oh, well, itā€™s a Jeep.

R&R

First Name
Flloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P51D Yellow Submarine
I think the black fenders complement certain colours very well, like white and red.

Other colours not so much.
Likely nothing is more subjective than colors, but Sting-Gray with black fenders and grill works for me.

Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
For me....I think the color matched fenders and top are just too much, especially on the brighter colored rigs. Much like some of those posting before, I like the contrast.

The trick to keeping the plain fenders looking good is to apply Armor-all Tire Black to all the plastic trim.it keeps it shiny and wil even restore faded plastic to some degree.

Doc

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Same, here is mine with the steel bumper group.

My Jeep.jpg
Ya, if it was all gray it would get bland. But the black and gray looks really good together, the top "pops" and really makes it look like a jeep from all angles.

very nice selection

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Same, here is mine with the steel bumper group.

My Jeep.jpg
What color is that? My configurator, Sting Gray rendering, is on post #35 above. Your color looks much darker. Itā€™s really going to come down to waiting to see Sting Gray in person; as always cartoon configurators are never true.
Sponsored