Show off your Delivered JL Here!

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
So you cant order dual top group with a 2 door? Note I never tried the configurator for 2 door.

Pick it up Thursday, dropped off some new microfibers and gave them and some good Megs wash to the detail guy, asked him to just give it a quick wash, dont want the optional swirl marks:) My other freinds will do the rest of the prep. Funny thing is they have to load software to get it out of transport mode, the cluster wouldnt show how many miles were on it at delivery.

Will drive it some this weekend then rip it apart to rust proof, got my Eastwoods Internal Frame coating, Rust Encapsulator, Chasis Black epoxy paint and Hevy Duty anti rust ready to go, plus 12 cans of fluid film.
Document the rust proofing process, I am interested in doing something similar when I get mine. Please and thank you!!!!!
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Document the rust proofing process, I am interested in doing something similar when I get mine. Please and thank you!!!!!
I'll snap some pics. Not much too it, but messy.

Basically I power wash the underside with some purple power soap, allow to dry.
remove all the inner fender liners. flood the inner frame boxes, rockers with East woods Inner frame coating, comes with flexible wand, probably use 7 or so cans
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-internal-frame-coating-14oz-aerosol.html

Paint 1 coat rust encapsulator and 1 coat chasis black epoxy paint on all the suspension and floors. Time consuming but worth it, I use cans for tight spaces and brush for easy areas.
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-black-rust-encapsulator-paint-over-rust.html
https://www.eastwood.com/extreme-chassis-black-gloss-finish-aerosol-or-quart.html

seal all the over lapping seams with brushable seam seal before painting
https://www.eastwood.com/ew-brush-on-seam-sealer-quart.html

lastly I spray their heavy duty antirust on everything under neath as final coat
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-heavy-duty-anti-rust-in-black.html

Oh I use Fluid Film and wand to flood, doors, hatches, hood, and pull some interior panels like rear 1/4 trim to shoot around the wheel arches from the inside, boxes like rockers, lower doors etc Stuff creeps into the seems.

https://petroleumservicecompany.com...MIi_Pp9-rF3QIVQ0sNCh0IaAyREAQYAyABEgJdVvD_BwE

few pics of wifes 15 Overland

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Swung by dealer with wife to check it out, looked good, matches my SRT, never thought we would have 2 orange cars in the fleet.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Swung by dealer with wife to check it out, looked good, matches my SRT, never thought we would have 2 orange cars in the fleet.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG
We need to see a pic of them together!

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, wife is a happy camper. Will do a few shots, have 3 Jeeps, will do a family photo shoot of her Jeeps, the orange SRT and the Wrangler, also will head up to the coast and take a few pics, nice spot at East Boothbay Ocean Point makes nice back drop, my dog Turbo loves the Ocean. From a few yrs back in wifeys PT GT, unfortunately Turbo is 16 yrs so his car riding days are behind him, maybe I will throw a chunk of memory foam in the back and take him for a ride with us even if lays down and sleeps, he isnt too good on his legs now with arthritis but still hanging in there.
Quaker Hill 424.jpg

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Friend did the prep, called me and I stopped by.
IMG_1390.JPG
installed the mats, checked all fluids, welds all looked good, fuses were all seated LOL, installed plate holder on front bumper, checked all interior switches and whatnot, everything worked. My offroad pages work but odd thing when on gauges everything reads in US, but oil pressure was Kpas metric, while the cluster was in PSI? Tried the settings and it stayed.the same.

Took for a ride, some nice back roads near me, did a half dozen 3/4 throttle pulls to seat the ring good, then up to the highway. Drove and tracked nice and straight doing 75 or so, no play in the wheel so guess that is good.

Will bring the checkbook tomorrow and pick it up in the morning, only issue will be lumping the box out of the back for the dual top.

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1395.JPG

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, wife is a happy camper. Will do a few shots, have 3 Jeeps, will do a family photo shoot of her Jeeps, the orange SRT and the Wrangler, also will head up to the coast and take a few pics, nice spot at East Boothbay Ocean Point makes nice back drop, my dog Turbo loves the Ocean. From a few yrs back in wifeys PT GT, unfortunately Turbo is 16 yrs so his car riding days are behind him, maybe I will throw a chunk of memory foam in the back and take him for a ride with us even if lays down and sleeps, he isnt too good on his legs now with arthritis but still hanging in there.
Quaker Hill 424.jpg
Gorgeous! <3

Sponsored

Rubicon2019

First Name
Elcid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Ford F-350, 2015 Audi S7,
NO SIR! I had found out and confirmed with dealer that if you order all weather mats they charge you full price and remove the included carpet mats. I had my dealer remove the all weather mats from my order and I will purchase separately.
Hold up! I just ordered my JLUR with the all weather mats....that means they remove all the carpeting?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Hold up! I just ordered my JLUR with the all weather mats....that means they remove all the carpeting?
Just the carpeted floor mats.
Sponsored