Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Destination charge is in the msrp .
10% off "invoice" would be very good , almost unheard of .
But the other "fees" then reduce your discount .
Ever heard of flim flam ? That is identical twin dealers : one named flim and the other named flam .
So if I see an ad with price for a new JLU that is already on a dealer lot, does/should that price already include the destination charge (which I think is around $1500)? For example if you see a JLU advertised for $40,000, will you show up only to find it is really $41,500 after you find out they are adding the destination charge? I am kind of confused about the destination charge thing because $1500 is a lot of extra cash, and seems to me it should already be part of whatever price the dealership has listed on the vehicle.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
So if I see an ad with price for a new JLU that is already on a dealer lot, does/should that price already include the destination charge (which I think is around $1500)? For example if you see a JLU advertised for $40,000, will you show up only to find it is really $41,500 after you find out they are adding the destination charge? I am kind of confused about the destination charge thing because $1500 is a lot of extra cash, and seems to me it should already be part of whatever price the dealership has listed on the vehicle.
Of course , as it is already part of the msrp , it must already be part the price . If they are subtracting it out , to use as an advertised price , and then they re-include it when you show up , it might be bait and switch , if it is not disclosed in fine-print . Maybe the local cook county district attorney might be interested in that .

Of course , if you are interested in vehicles costing 40K to 42K , you are already in high-roller territory , and there are many JL and JK Jeep models cheaper than that . If I were you I would look at the lower end of Jeep prices , because why should you pay gouge prices ? The JL sport is less than that , and is perfectly adequate .

JeffS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep JL Sport, 2018 Orange Jeep Sahara
Your prices are way off. I just used the 2019 pricing guide to build the jeep.
I'm in the process of figuring out what to order. Where can I find the 2019 pricing guide?

Thanks!

Jeff

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm in the process of figuring out what to order. Where can I find the 2019 pricing guide?

Thanks!

Jeff
Prices are likely going up again , so just estimate higher .

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Dealers actually have enormous wiggle room .
If you have a trade, and you’re using their financing you’re offering a dealer a lot of additional wiggle room. If you’re paying cash and you don’t have a grade, a dealer can’t really do much to confuse a buyer. I mean, the bottom line is the REAL bottom line, in that case.

The invoice shown above is an actual real invoice that any reputable dealer will show you, often without you even having to ask. It’s a well known fact on this forum that a savvy buyer with no trade should start negotiations at 5% under the number on the bottom of that sheet. Find dealers that are willing to compete and you’ll go even lower.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The invoice shown above is an actual real invoice that any reputable dealer will show you, often without you even having to ask. It’s a well known fact on this forum that a savvy buyer with no trade should start negotiations at 5% under the number on the bottom of that sheet. Find dealers that are willing to compete and you’ll go even lower.
Logical conclusion is actual invoice is a lot lower than msrp . But the dealer will rend their clothes , and howl about they cannot go any lower , without charging you additional dealer and doc fees , lol . Dealers are drama queens .

Last edited:

JeffS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep JL Sport, 2018 Orange Jeep Sahara
Thanks Everyone!
Sponsored