Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

A JLWF viewer sent us a few photos of this 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited spotted while she was headed north and passing through southwest Michigan.

You can see the red painted exterior peeking through from under the swirly camouflage, perhaps a sign that red will be one of the JL/JLU color options. We’ve also included a few up-close shots of the driver’s side, showing that the rear view mirror is not attached to the windshield, which will allow for folding down.

Hat tip to Sara for sending these to us!

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-1.JPG
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-2.JPG
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-3.jpg
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-4.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Still can't quite see the interior. One of these days!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Damn! Just what i was thinking. After hearing that an 8" touchscreen is an option, I fear the dash will look gaudy. Props to Sara though.
If you look at all the other Jeep models, their cabins and dashes look virtually the same, save for vent positions and the occasional "wood" accents. The JL is probably going to look the same save for retaining the round air vents. And despite FCA's poor reputation for quality, they've always had well-designed, clean, and functional interiors.

I can see the Wrangler having some combination of the Renegade and Cherokee's dash. The big question is whether or not the transfer case will keep the physical shifter or if they're going to replace it with some variation of the Selec-Terrain system.

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
The cut lines on these prototypes are really throwing me off. Especially that extra "piece" of camouflage that comes straight down between the second and third windows.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLWF member spies red 2018 Wrangler Unlimited on highway {filename}

What could that be hiding?

If we didn't get the leaked pics the other day I would say this doesn't look like it will fully come off.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The cut lines on these prototypes are really throwing me off. Especially that extra "piece" of camouflage that comes straight down between the second and third windows.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLWF member spies red 2018 Wrangler Unlimited on highway {filename}

If we didn't get the leaked pics the other day I would say this doesn't look like it will fully come off.

Who's to say those blurry pics are even accurate?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So, likely already mentioned in other threads, but I guess that 3rd photo kinda comfirms that the rear view mirror, like the grab handles, will be mounted to some solid interior shroud piece from a-pillar along the top of the front and back down the a-pillar, instead of to the glass as it is now, keeping it in place for windshield-down driving.

Meaning that the centre freedom top hinged latches will likely be redesigned, and as previously mentioned there will still be some framework when the window is angled forward, though without an option to remove the sport bar, kinda lost the Willys drop-top anyways.

Reactions: Cam

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
If you look at all the other Jeep models, their cabins and dashes look virtually the same, save for vent positions and the occasional "wood" accents. The JL is probably going to look the same save for retaining the round air vents. And despite FCA's poor reputation for quality, they've always had well-designed, clean, and functional interiors.

I can see the Wrangler having some combination of the Renegade and Cherokee's dash. The big question is whether or not the transfer case will keep the physical shifter or if they're going to replace it with some variation of the Selec-Terrain system.
I am certainly hoping for Selec-Terrain, simple chrome climate controls & giant touchscreen, flanked by a choice of natural woods, and chrome air vents.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

That extra piece of camo is not present on the earlier mule pics. Yes, what are they hiding?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport

:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::rock::rock:
Lol you guys have me all wrong. Every wheel on every luxury sedan I've owned has been stock. I like the finer things in life, and my taste never goes past clean and "OEM flashy", into the distasteful.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
That extra piece of camo is not present on the earlier mule pics. Yes, what are they hiding?
It also looks like this roof under the new camp is taller and more angled in than the previous roofs. I'm guessing is the multi-piece sunroof panel one featured above.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Lol you guys have me all wrong. Every wheel on every luxury sedan I've owned has been stock. I like the finer things in life, and my taste never goes past clean and "OEM flashy", into the distasteful.
Just messin' with you!