Signed lease - $39k MSRP $368/mo with $0 due at signing

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I was contemplating a lease...but wondering what a good deal would be on a 4dr 48k rubi. I saw some crazy residuals to even up to 60 months.
I really don’t want to pay $610 a month with trading in my 2013 freedom ed. I mean my trade is worth 22k with tax savings bringing it up to $23,500 here in Chicago. So I paid 30k for it new in 2013 so not a bad deal on dealer offer on my trade, and 11.5% off MSRP. Hmmm what to do!! Oh I owe like 12k on it also because we bought it out at end of the 39 month lease. So....any opinions and thoughts appreciated
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I was contemplating a lease...but wondering what a good deal would be on a 4dr 48k rubi. I saw some crazy residuals to even up to 60 months.
I really don’t want to pay $610 a month with trading in my 2013 freedom ed. I mean my trade is worth 22k with tax savings bringing it up to $23,500 here in Chicago. So I paid 30k for it new in 2013 so not a bad deal on dealer offer on my trade, and 11.5% off MSRP. Hmmm what to do!! Oh I owe like 12k on it also because we bought it out at end of the 39 month lease. So....any opinions and thoughts appreciated
How about keeping the 2013 until the shake the bugs out of the new ones ?

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about keeping the 2013 until the shake the bugs out of the new ones ?
We are torn on keeping it. Soon will need breaks, tires...stuff like that. Granted it has 46k miles on it. Just been having dealers offer around 19k trade for it. And worried if we put anymore miles it will quickly go down in value. Then one dealer on Saturday offered $22k plus 11.5% off MSRP on a 2019 Rubicon order...we purchased our 2013 new there..... And manager was with us most of the time and saw the build sheet and said pick which color you want and I will order it Monday regardless. We were torn between mojito or punkn all body matching colored. We were treated very nice.....yet again it’s hard to swallow the $48k price even after the 6k off.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Signed this deal a couple days ago, loving the Wrangler JL so far. My first post here but I did a lot of reading on the forum before buying so thanks to everyone for the helpful info. My other car is a supercharged E92 M3, slightly different driving experience. MSRP was $38,875, options include the Quick Order Package 24S, technology group, convenience group, automatic transmission, and premium soft top. It's my understanding that this must have been a pre-price increase car since a similar build now seems to cost around $40,200?

I got 11.5% off MSRP with only one $300 stupid dealer add-on (GPS tracking thing) that they already have on every car and wouldn’t remove, no markups on MF/acquisition fee, no other add-on BS. Another dealer had agreed to sell me the exact same build for 11.5% off plus paying $500 towards first-year registration, but then when I got to the dealer they changed the deal on me and wouldn’t do it without an additional $1200+ of add-on crap so I walked. This was the best deal I could find locally and it wasn’t worth going to another state to save another 1-2%. All taxes and fees were rolled into the lease so the only thing I paid was the first payment.

Lease details:

MSRP: $38,875
Selling Price: $34,404 (11.5% off MSRP)
Monthly Payment: $368.52
Cash Due at Signing: $0 (paid first month payment, nothing else)
Doc fee - $495
Acquisition fee - $595
Title and GPS crap thing - $324
MSD - None
Incentives: None

Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF: .00219
Residual: 74%

Buying the car would've cost almost twice as much on a 60-month loan so I feel pretty good about the deal I ended up with, plus I can write off the lease payments in full on my taxes which is nice. Other dealers were at $450/month range for the same MSRP.

Wrangler1.jpg

Wrangler2.jpg

Wrangler3.jpg
So...you will owe $25458 at the end of your lease? That’s like 4320 in interest. Which is $120 a month just in interest

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
We are torn on keeping it. Soon will need breaks, tires...stuff like that. Granted it has 46k miles on it. Just been having dealers offer around 19k trade for it. And worried if we put anymore miles it will quickly go down in value. Then one dealer on Saturday offered $22k plus 11.5% off MSRP on a 2019 Rubicon order...we purchased our 2013 new there..... And manager was with us most of the time and saw the build sheet and said pick which color you want and I will order it Monday regardless. We were torn between mojito or punkn all body matching colored. We were treated very nice.....yet again it’s hard to swallow the $48k price even after the 6k off.
Sounds like the dealer wants your business . Mind if I ask : will your taxes in Chicago eat up your $6K in savings ? Will your $610 as month in lease payments take care of your brakes and tires ? Why not keep it until your loan is paid off ? Just asking .

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So...you will owe $25458 at the end of your lease? That’s like 4320 in interest. Which is $120 a month just in interest
The interest rate and residual value are both high with Wrangler leases....which means the residual is great for having a low lease payment, but bad for buyout cost. I don't plan on buying it at the end of the lease, so it doesn't really matter to me.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like the dealer wants your business . Mind if I ask : will your taxes in Chicago eat up your $6K in savings ? Will your $610 as month in lease payments take care of your brakes and tires ? Why not keep it until your loan is paid off ? Just asking .
I think we are just excited for the Mojito...haha and the way my wife is...lucky me...she wants it loaded and the Rubicon. We tend to like special cars, like our corvette. We just know jeep only has special colors so often, and this Mojito is basically Viper green. And she always wants a Viper thats green.
Taxes in Chicago are 7%....but if we trade ours in on the 49k Rubi. We save taxes on the $22k trade in. I just deal silly getting a Jeep that cost almost as much as our corvette. Considering our corvette was 71k and got a deal at $54k brand new. Oh and this will be a upgrade to a 4dr from are 2dr
Sponsored