Sponsored

No sound from speakers

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
So my sound worked last night. Now this morning...no sounds fom speakers...is it an update glitch? 2 days ago I lost my back up cam guidlines...then later that day they came back.
Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So my sound worked last night. Now this morning...no sounds fom speakers...is it an update glitch? 2 days ago I lost my back up cam guidlines...then later that day they came back.
Happened to me a few days ago. Trying changing audio sources on your radio, specifically choose AM then back to FM/XM/etc. Hope that works.

OP
OP
grady2hig

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Yeah, no source worked even the navigation.

After the 3rd time drove, it now works...maybe a fluke.

Last edited:

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yeah, no source worked even the navigation.

After the 3rd time drove, it now works...maybe a fluke.
What's strange was that no other source worked for me until I chose AM. And that was 30 minutes later. Something tells me that it is a glitch. It happened after the last software update with the offroad page (which is now gone again for me). Who knows....

Glad it is working for you now.

Davep241

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Same here. Has happened three separate times over the past month...no consistency in time of day, temp outside, etc. Happened again today and no change of audio source / input makes any difference.

Sponsored

HPNOTIQ

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I had a very similar issue one day two weeks ago. First clue I had a problem was when I had to jack up my volume level to 15 or 16 to hear the radio when I normally have it at 7. Second more irritating problem was this low volume tone coming out of the speakers once I did raise the volume. It sounds like a muted backup warning, a constant tone that you can hear behind the music and it is there no matter what screen you are on unless the screen is turned off completely. Next day all was back to normal, until two days ago. Same thing happened again, except this time, I noticed the backup guidelines were missing as well. Went out did my thing, came back and everything was back to normal again. It seems to me like some kind of software glitch that I hope Jeep patches soon. The audio issue is really annoying though.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Same thing happened to me a week ago!

20 minutes went by of pulling my hair out. Starting/restarting the car, banging on the dash board, I even got out and checked all the fuses they were all good. I shut the radio off and turned it back on more than several times and still nothing!!

I called Jeep and they connected me to a live tech who walked me through doing a full factory diagnostic test.

They first told me to shut the vehicle off completely wait a few then apply the brake and start but hold the ignition button in for 2 extra seconds. Then was told to put hand on the radio power button dial and turn clockwise to turn the volume on....it worked!! All I had to do was turn the volume on!!! Give it a shot this works!!

(So sorry guys, i just couldn't help myself:giggle::lipssealed::ninja:)

Sponsored

HPNOTIQ

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
This audio problem literally just happened to me again tonight. I tried the ignition button and volume knob thing just like you said but does not work.

I have the alpine system.

I really don’t know what else to do except see if all is normal again tomorrow.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
This started happening to me after the OTA update (I have the 8.4" Alpine). It's happened twice since then. Rebooting via my Tazer fixes it, but I opened a case via Jeep Cares just to have a record. UConnect support contacted me and suggested trying the steps below, next (I didn't and won't tell them I have a Tazer, which facilitates an easier reboot.)

Anyway, here's their official reply for you guys:

Hello Mr. OldGuy,

To my immediate knowledge, I am not sure if there is another easier way to work around your issues.

There are a few troubleshooting steps that we may be able to try:

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons, at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn vehicle off
5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door
7) Restart vehicle
8) Let the radio load up and see if concern is still present

We can also perform a hard reset:
1) Press and hold the driver's side hot and cold buttons.
2) If a menu appears on screen, choose option "Restore To Factory Defaults"
3) Confirm choice.
4) Let the radio load up and see if concern is still present.

Those would be the most user-friendly options that I would advise you to attempt.
Nicolas
FWIW, there's no way I'm doing a factory reset... too many damn settings I'd have to remember to redo.

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
Happened to me a few days ago. Trying changing audio sources on your radio, specifically choose AM then back to FM/XM/etc. Hope that works.
I just experienced this today. Tried the soft reset and the radio still didn't work. Then I switched it to AM and the speakers came back on. That is just loco.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Same thing for me here, no sound for any system including even Siri. I did get beep of backup sensor. I switched through all the modes and inputs and also restarted vehicle several times. I started driving and then switch to AM and got static which meant all sound had returned and everything operated normal. Weird. We’ll see if it happens again - this thread can be a log of sorts.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Same thing for me here, no sound for any system including even Siri. I did get beep of backup sensor. I switched through all the modes and inputs and also restarted vehicle several times. I started driving and then switch to AM and got static which meant all sound had returned and everything operated normal. Weird. We’ll see if it happens again - this thread can be a log of sorts.
I rebooted with my tazer then all was good.
Sponsored