Sponsored

Dealer said they cannot recalibrate speedometer.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mind sharing which dealer? Always good to know which ones aren't into gouging.
Wickstrom in Barrington ... i’ll follow up to verify they stick to the $115.
Sponsored

mbrindley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My local dealer today quoted me $175 for the software and $100 labor!!!
That's the JK process where the have to add a chip and calibate. Your dealer doesn't know about the MVP plan. Show them the bulletin posted above. I had to do that here in Austin to get mine done. The dealer ended up giving me a discount for showing them how to do it.

MVP is a service plan and most don't seem to be aware of it yet.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My dealer said they can calibrate my speedometer for $250 but they cannot do anything about the PSI and that "NO DEALER IS ALLOWED TO CHANGE THAT". I responded: Interesting, lots of dealerships are doing it based on what I've read on the forums...
Your dealership was correct they cannot change your TPMS threshold you will have to buy a programmer to do that.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Your dealership was correct they cannot change your TPMS threshold you will have to buy a programmer to do that.
lots of dealerships doing it AFAIK. Just search on this forum

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Tazer JL Lite is a FAR better way to spend the money than to give $100+ to a dealership for a one time service.

Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Called up my local dealer and asked if they could recalibrate my speedometer to accommodate my 35’s. The service rep told me they have no way of doing it. Only way would be to purchase a aftermarket programmer.
Unfortunately they won't do 33s but they can definitely do 35s. I wish they would do LED conversion and 33s. I'd pay rather than fool with a programmer that has to be removed when going to the dealer.

JL FTWORTH

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, 2021 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the largest Jeep Wrangler dealership in Texas and they would not calibrate my tires to 33" even though they are rubicon take-offs. doubt I'll have much luck trying to get them to program my fog lights into LED's to get the flicker to go away. I went ahead and got the Tazer JL Lite and couldn't be happier with it, super easy to use...sadly it doesn't seem to have the option to turn off the Auto start stop like it says it does.

EDIT: Found the option to turn off the Auto start stop. just made the TazerJL Lite that much better.

Last edited:

Sevans

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Wickstrom in Barrington ... i’ll follow up to verify they stick to the $115.
Did you end up going to Wickstrom? I asked about it when I was there for the airbag recall and the guy told me they could do it but they calibrate it for only stock or 40" tires. I said huh? He said they only calibrate for stock size or the max tire size that would fit, lol.

I just told him never mind.

I bought the hypertech calibrator for around $250 which worked perfectly... but when I got the beadlocks it screwed up my TPMS sensors. So I ended up returning the hyper tech and got the Superchips trailcal so I could turn TPMS off, calibrate the tire size as well as loads of other stuff.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up going to Wickstrom? I asked about it when I was there for the airbag recall and the guy told me they could do it but they calibrate it for only stock or 40" tires. I said huh? He said they only calibrate for stock size or the max tire size that would fit, lol.

I just told him never mind.

I bought the hypertech calibrator for around $250 which worked perfectly... but when I got the beadlocks it screwed up my TPMS sensors. So I ended up returning the hyper tech and got the Superchips trailcal so I could turn TPMS off, calibrate the tire size as well as loads of other stuff.
@Sevans
Wickstrom didn’t come through for me either. Their programming guy wasn’t avail when they swapped my stock to rubi wheels. Plus they said there’s the $175(?) chrysler fee / license in addition to their fee. I’m running uncalibrated right now ... not a huge delta between sport s and Rubi but I plan to buy a programmer.

Zenk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer JL Lite is a FAR better way to spend the money than to give $100+ to a dealership for a one time service.
Agreed... I bought the TAZER LITE and changed my own:
1.) Tire size
2.) TPMS limit
3.) Turned off ESS
4.) Have a fun light show for cruise night.
5.) and there are about 30 other settings I haven't messed with yet.

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That proves you're way smarter than your dealer. Its also scary that your dealer would ask that? Good thing they didnt put your Jeep together.
What ever happened, to a dealership (or businesses in general) that would say "I'm not sure, let me find out for you" or "Good question, let's go figure this out"? To not look an idiot, the dealer should of at least faked a phone call, then go look it up and come back like you knew all along. I guess those days are gone.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Anything more than changing oil and rotating tires is basically rocket surgery for dealers.
I won't even let them do that. They told me to come back at 10K miles for my first oil change. I changed it at 2K just to get past the break in period.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I won't even let them do that. They told me to come back at 10K miles for my first oil change. I changed it at 2K just to get past the break in period.
If you don't mind what is the Dealership that told you that ?
Sponsored