OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Engineering is working on a solution. It will probably be an oem Wrangler mirror of some type. It won't require product changes, most likely a drilling template of some sort.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
I had half doors on my 89 YJ in 1997. I bought the YJ for 3k. Not paying half that for half doors. I realize inflation, but sorry, no. Not for the amount of time I would run them each year. I’ll go doorless.
A loaded YJ was like $8000 MSRP, a base JL starts at what? 30k?

Not that that justifies the price of these doors. What justifies the price is the insane cost of aluminum, the fact that we make these in the US, stand behind them with a lifetime warranty, and our employees have pretty great benefits :like:

That doesn't mean that the cost makes sense for everyone, and running doorless is free.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase

Not that that justifies the price of these doors. What justifies the price is the insane cost of aluminum, the fact that we make these in the US, stand behind them with a lifetime warranty, and our employees have pretty great benefits :like:

That doesn't mean that the cost makes sense for everyone, and running doorless is free.
Don't forget the tariffs...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome I just ordered mine
JCR JK half doors are $1200, EVO half doors $1300, Mopar are $1200 unpainted - there not gonna drop that much especially if they are compatible with bestop uppers when they come out.
Yeah but these aren't really even doors. At least with those options for the JK it's really a door. These are basically panels.

Sponsored

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
Forum discount? ;)

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

I don’t need a justification. It’s not that I can’t afford it or don’t understand economics and history, it’s that I don’t think it’s a great value. That’s the point I was making. It’s simply my opinion. I’m sure others think differently and you’ll sell some.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I really like these. Unfortunately I can't do anything like that for a while. I have a 6yo autistic son that sometimes tries to open doors. The factory doors have a child lock but that's a no go here. I certainly won't dare go naked for a long time..

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Yeah but these aren't really even doors. At least with those options for the JK it's really a door. These are basically panels.
I just noticed looking at these closer, they are not even doors, just a aluminum panel with a curved end. Aluminum is not that expensive for the amount metal used. They look good from the outside, just steep on price.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White

I wish the price was lower but thinking it is about right. My premium tj TWO half doors could probably sell for 600 and it's over 20 years old. Your are 4 doors and alum. Aluminum is consider exotic and for good reason. When one puts on tons of armor it's good to offset weight where you can.

Good luck with your product. The economy is doing well, people have jobs disposable income, and new highs in the markets. The JL is a blast and people dont mind spending money they have to make it even more fun.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Oh and the biggest reason to get them is the jeep 4 door looks crappy with no doors. The 2 door can get away with it for sure. lol

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I ordered a pair of the bare metal rear half doors yesterday and I'd like to have them painted them to color match my ocean blue JLU. What is a fair price?

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Man, I really like these. Unfortunately I can't do anything like that for a while. I have a 6yo autistic son that sometimes tries to open doors. The factory doors have a child lock but that's a no go here. I certainly won't dare go naked for a long time..
God bless you, sir.
With my infant son in the back I won't take off rear doors, but I do take off the front doors occasionally.
I wonder what it would take to get a 5 point harness installed to help you with your son?

As for the price, guys, this isn't coming off a production line that's producing 300,000+ units a year. It's also not stamped steel from China. Aluminum isn't cheap. Properly making low production volume parts in America isn't cheap.

(Mirrors would make this more enticing for me tho)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Sorry but I think the tube doors look better. That's just my opinion and have to call and give you more of that feeling of doors not on but still protection half doors almost seem like to me you have regular doors with the window down what's the point ?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Sorry but I think the tube doors look better. That's just my opinion and have to call and give you more of that feeling of doors not on but still protection half doors almost seem like to me you have regular doors with the window down what's the point ?
Totally entitled to your opinion. obviously. Some people love tube doors and that's rad. :rock:

We've wheeled jeeps for a long time with half doors, full doors, tube doors, no doors, etc, etc... Half doors feel WAY more open than just rolling a window down in our opinion.

2018-09-20 14.37.58.jpg
2018-09-20 14.38.13.jpg
Sponsored