Sponsored

2019 Jeep Wrangler Ordering Shows 3.0L CRD Diesel V6 (w/Manual Transmission?) and 3.6L BSG Engines!

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm pretty new to all this, but why wouldn't something like a diesel engine or BSG be announced with the original press release of the 2019?
Upcoming features/engines/etc are often introduced mid-model year without any notice, for competitive reasons and so as to not affect sales. I'm sure they did not intend for these new codes to be seen.
Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I'd be curious if the diesel really shows up or not. Our 18 should be delivered to the dealer this week. We decided not to wait because I never thought diesel would actually come out :p Time will tell!

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
Wonder what that Diesel will set one back at. Have never had a diesel where you had to put DEF in though. Does that fluid last a while?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

BIG UPDATE!!

100% Confirmed - "26" order code = 2019 JL 3.0L V6 CRD (diesel) with ESS + 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission! No ETA on release date.

Now about that mysterious code "22" ... Could it be a 6-speed manual CRD? (We have thus far been unable to confirm). It may be wishful thinking but we have our fingers crossed. One thing is for sure - it is unlikely to be a special edition model since it would not be on all 3 trim levels.

Stay tuned!

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
BIG UPDATE!!

100% Confirmed - "26" order code = 2019 JL 3.0L V6 CRD (diesel) with ESS + 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission! No ETA on release date.

Now about that mysterious code "22" ... Could it be a 6-speed manual CRD? (We have thus far been unable to confirm). It may be wishful thinking but we have our fingers crossed. One thing is for sure - it is unlikely to be a special edition model since it would not be on all 3 trim levels.

Stay tuned!

Damn, and I just placed my order for a 2019 2.0L turbo on the 12th.

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
  • October banks open on the 10th
  • November banks open on the 9th
Is this referring to production or when the newly announced variants can be ordered?

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

This is amazing. I waited months for this (diesel), was about to lose hope and then this comes. I was going for the moab, but this is more important for me. Thanks Jay!

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
BIG UPDATE!!

Stay tuned!
This will be absolutely awesome if this is the case. I cannot “hold onto my hat,” nor will I be able to hold on to my wallet if this turns out to be true.

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
… Particularly with regard to the manual transmission.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I was excited about the 3.0L until CA gov't decided to throw a heavy diesel tax that makes it more expensive than premium gas! :angry:

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Doesn't Occam's Razor say that 22 is just 3.6 BSG w/6MT?

I will be flabbergasted if they offer the diesel with the 6MT, and I would probably buy one (even though the VM Motori 3.0 is a known reliability disaster, but I LOVED our Touareg TDI). But I don't see any evidence here that supports the existence of this combination.

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
Wonder what that Diesel will set one back at. Have never had a diesel where you had to put DEF in though. Does that fluid last a while?
Most DEF systems are designed so that the DEF shouldn't need to be filled any more frequently that your oil needs to be changed. In other words if you fill the DEF tank when you change the oil you should have plenty to last to the next oil change assuming you stick close to the manufactures maintenance schedule.

Special things to consider with DEF. Never, ever, EVER put anything other than DEF in the DEF tank and always check the expiration date when you buy DEF.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I was excited about the 3.0L until CA gov't decided to throw a heavy diesel tax that makes it more expensive than premium gas! :angry:
Yeeeaaahhhhh. We were talking about that today too. I hate California lol.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
The days of Diesel being cheap ended about 15yrs ago. And now that most Light Duty Vehicles are using it will only raise the demand up an so does COST.