Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Whattttt!?!?!? EXPLAIN! :movember:
And your back windows??? I'm confused lol.
It's the new power roof, which retracts with the push of a button. The first ones were delivered to a few customers this week, including mine. With this option, the glass rear windows are quickly removable and stow in a bag behind the rear seats. The power roof is an expensive option, but worth it to me.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's the new power roof, which retracts with the push of a button. The first ones were delivered to a few customers this week, including mine. With this option, the glass rear windows are quickly removable and stow in a bag behind the rear seats. The power roof is an expensive option, but worth it to me.
I think it's amazing lol. Omgoodness! Thanks for posting, as I never knew it existed. Could this be an option for anyone with a JL Wrangler? Like is this "hard top" compatible and does it replace a stock hardtop on any other wrangler?

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I think it's amazing lol. Omgoodness! Thanks for posting, as I never knew it existed. Could this be an option for anyone with a JL Wrangler? Like is this "hard top" compatible and does it replace a stock hardtop on any other wrangler?
It is not compatible with a current hardtop. Its a 4k option from the factory. The glass windows pop out and the canvass top retracts almost all the way back like a giant sunroof. there is a thread somewhere on the forum.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It is not compatible with a current hardtop. Its a 4k option from the factory. The glass windows pop out and the canvass top retracts almost all the way back like a giant sunroof. there is a thread somewhere on the forum.
I totally understand why it's 4k tho...the convenience seems amazing, especially if you don't have the room to remove the entire top and ride bare. Thanks for this, I'll try to see if I can find the thread about it.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
My new '18 Wrangler JL Rubicon with power roof. Love it!!

IMG_1222.jpg
Been waiting to see this on this forum. Can we see pictures close up of the "ceiling" the cargo area when the roof is open? It looks like a false "Celing" in this picture.

Thanks!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Exactly. Delivery of Jeeps with this option were delayed for several months and the first few cars just began arriving at the dealer in the last week.

Sponsored

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Wifes Sahara showed up at the dealer last night, my pal sent me the first pic, Buy a jeep get a Box LOL

Jeep.jpg
At least you 4 door guys can get duel top.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So you cant order dual top group with a 2 door? Note I never tried the configurator for 2 door.

Pick it up Thursday, dropped off some new microfibers and gave them and some good Megs wash to the detail guy, asked him to just give it a quick wash, dont want the optional swirl marks:) My other freinds will do the rest of the prep. Funny thing is they have to load software to get it out of transport mode, the cluster wouldnt show how many miles were on it at delivery.

Will drive it some this weekend then rip it apart to rust proof, got my Eastwoods Internal Frame coating, Rust Encapsulator, Chasis Black epoxy paint and Hevy Duty anti rust ready to go, plus 12 cans of fluid film.
Sponsored