My JLUR was hauled off on a flatbed today... 1890 miles

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
To be clear on the Jeep Wave same day rental:

NO-CHARGE SAME-DAY RENTAL

The worst part of routine maintenance? Not being able to use your Jeep® Brand vehicle while it’s in the shop. With a Jeep Wave membership, we’ve got you covered with a no-charge vehicle rental for the day so you can spend less time waiting and more time doing.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html
This is absurd. Just an excuse to make sure all maintenance takes longer than one day, usually because it sits for 8 hours before the techs even look at it. “No Free Rental For You!”

Maybe if I opt for the lifetime warranty it includes better rental coverage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Today is two weeks. Still no Jeep.

I have now been without my Jeep for longer than I've owned it.

:angry:

Sponsored

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
I did notice that too but don't forget that the average crazy Jeepers on this forum probably knows that owning a Rubicon if you're a serious jeepers is usually the way to go. Not saying that sport or Sahara users are not serious jeepers but the people that complain the most are usually the people that put the extra effort and money into a product. I just recently purchased my JLUR and I noticed that my rear fender was warped and had almost an inch Gap enough for me to stick my fingers through and through the actual body.

But once again it comes down to this owning an American vehicle first generation always has its risks. That's why I took the five year extended warranty. We are basically taking the bullet for all future jeepers

Headquarters
Amsterdam, Netherlands (Main office)

London, England
(financial office)

[email protected] . Be sure to put a dot between the mike and the manley .
Manley, an Englishman who worked with Renault and Peugeot, who took the ball after "Sergio Marchionne" (another red blooded American?) passed away in Switzerland..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Just got a call from the service adviser.

They have no ETA on the parts needed to fix my Jeep. Nothing...

This is ridiculous.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
Just got a call from the service adviser.

They have no ETA on the parts needed to fix my Jeep. Nothing...

This is ridiculous.
They do, they just don't want too. It's sitting out on the lot.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Stop bugging them, let it rot on their lot a little more, and lemon the thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Still no ETA :swear:

I'm going to have to take the loaner Cherokee in for an oil change next week, I've had it so long. :cwl:

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
@JeepCares please assist...
They can't make an unavailable part appear out of thin air.

They can't force the dealer to strip a new one in inventory- dealer has to want to make it right.

After a month of reading these forums, I wish you all luck. I've definitely taken the wait and see attitude.

Its story after story of unavailable parts. They are more worried about production over maintaining the ones they have sold. Pretty piss poor strategy and will cost them more in the end. Having to buy back Jeeps over a stupid unavailable part - how stupid.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Sorry for no updates. I was out of town this weekend.

They ended up getting me a Cherokee as a free loaner on Thursday. They had still not updated me by this afternoon, so I stopped by after work.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a mechanic. What I think he said is that the shift cable fell off, into the transmission. They pulled the transmission and are replacing the shift cable and linkage, or something like that. They are also putting a new clutch in, as they drove it into the service bay in 5th gear :facepalm:

Very disheartened to see my three week old JL all torn apart like this.:(

How can I trust that it will be reliable after this? Wonder if I can get an extension of the warranty, and how to go about asking for it.

Sorry for the photos... All I could grab as I was listening and looking at my poor Jeep.

10922.jpeg
10924.jpeg
10921.jpeg
Arent the 6sp Aisan? Funny the Japanese part is defective, assuming it is internal to the transmission. Maybe Aisin needs to get its act together on spare parts.
Sponsored