Any recent diesel news...?

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hello Everyone, seems like articles and news on the 3.0 have all but stopped. Has anyone heard any recent news as to a release date or what is going on with the diesel engine? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

millsra13

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that too. It seems like the 2019 Grand Cherokee doesn't have the ecodiesel option as well as the new Ram 1500. I heard rumors that the Ram will be getting the diesel again summer of 2019. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for the JL.

PoppaSim

First Name
Christopher yu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti m27x
I basically waited all this time just for the eco diesel and still no word...

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I basically waited all this time just for the eco diesel and still no word...
I'm right there with you. I have been patiently waiting for the diesel to become available so I could make my choice once I drove all 3 options.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I finally gave up on the wait and pulled the trigger on a 2.0 turbo

Sponsored

YZ212

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Grand Cherokee Ordering JL Rubi
I'm trying to be patient and wait also. I did notice that lifetime MaxCare is not available on diesels, that's making me second guess waiting.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Unless you NEED or have a very strong desire for a Wrangler specifically, I'd start shopping the Chevy Colorado ZR2 DuraMax or the Ford F-150 PowerStroke.

The FCA EcoDiesel is pulled from market due to emissions concerns and major internal engine failures that are apparently widespread. They are working on those issues, and likely doing a lot of field testing to ensure that the failures are resolved. So, I would not expect a 2019 EcoDiesel. I think if they bring it back, it'll be 2020 model year.

logix727

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Ya the news is its not on the order sheet for the jl that just came out. :( I personally was looking forward to buying one esp if they did it 2 door. You are basically stuck waiting for the Jeep truck to come out and hope the engine becomes an option in the JL.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I was putting in the mopar cargo tray on my 2.0L this week and noticed the instructions mentioned the diesel, apparently the tray is mirrored the other way on the diesel... a little glimmer of hope at least

IMG_3026.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I was putting in the mopar cargo tray on my 2.0L this week and noticed the instructions mentioned the diesel, apparently the tray is mirrored the other way on the diesel... a little glimmer of hope at least

IMG_3026.jpg
It looks like that is referring to the Euro 2.2L diesel, not the 3.0L.

millsra13

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The lower picture shows 3.0L Diesel. Thats promising at least.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Unless you NEED or have a very strong desire for a Wrangler specifically, I'd start shopping the Chevy Colorado ZR2 DuraMax or the Ford F-150 PowerStroke.

The FCA EcoDiesel is pulled from market due to emissions concerns and major internal engine failures that are apparently widespread. They are working on those issues, and likely doing a lot of field testing to ensure that the failures are resolved. So, I would not expect a 2019 EcoDiesel. I think if they bring it back, it'll be 2020 model year.
I’ve got 60k trouble free miles on my Ecodiesel. VW was caught cheating, not FCA. The only question was to Bosch on how they did their programming for FCA.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
It looks like that is referring to the Euro 2.2L diesel, not the 3.0L.
the top half shows it for gas engines and the 2.2L euro, the bottom half says 3.0L Diesel in the reversed configuration

BigDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR

IMG_3026.jpg
That is probably a good indication of where the DEF tank will live.
Sponsored