First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Rio Grande, 2018 JL Sport S 3.6L 6 Spd
Occupation
Firefighter
I can’t stand the 4dr wrangler, the “true” wrangler has and always will be 2drs. Change my mind...
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I can’t stand the 4dr wrangler, the “true” wrangler has and always will be 2drs. Change my mind...
Sure. If having just two doors makes you a “true jeeper”, I guess you can justify this ...

9D1B9FC6-B31F-4232-A2C4-639D389D2CBD.jpeg

And of note- the Wrangler has only been around since 1987, so you should take that into consideration.

1995YJ

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Wrangler / civilian jeep my mistake. I can play this game all night.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Wrangler / civilian jeep my mistake. I can play this game all night.
Frankly, I’m a fan of both. I just don’t like the “true” label on anything unless it’s conflicting with its original intent. When Porsche made their SUV and 4 door sports car- that was an abomination. Kinda like a 4 door Miata. But when you consider that the true history of the Jeep is “go anywhere”- that shouldn’t be restricted by the number of doors.

The Wrangler/CJ/Willy’s had multiple applications over the years. There were extended versions, pickups, station wagons, and even a mini-tank sorta thing. If anything, the 4 doors are an enhancement. A “troop transport” sorta vibe (vs supplies/ordinance).

I guess I’m not hung up on that sort of thing unless you take the soul out of it. The second they make an egg shaped roadster or a track car with the Wrangler name- I set fire to my Jeep apparel.

1995YJ

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter

Sponsored

MountainGurl

First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
4 dr, occasionally have dinner or plans with others... My compromise on street vs trail use.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sure. If having just two doors makes you a “true jeeper”, I guess you can justify this ...

9D1B9FC6-B31F-4232-A2C4-639D389D2CBD.jpeg

And of note- the Wrangler has only been around since 1987, so you should take that into consideration.
Hahah this is cool!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Shooting or Jeeping; you mean like this?

443850FE-25BD-4602-9F0A-C2C18FF531A3.jpeg

Or like this?

9ECF9EE1-61C9-452C-9513-0515CDF2967E.jpeg

Although the LSX Willy’s is pretty damn sweet...glad he did end up putting in a roll bar...that was nuts to run it without! :surprised:

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
I wanted a 2 door convertible. But I have a 3 year old so I need a car seat and room to travel with 'stuff'.

Solution: The ultimate 4 door family convertible... Jeep Wrangler (JKU in my case)

Sponsored

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Talking only about off road value: I’ve seen lot of SWB vehicles with rear axle moved backwards for better stability, but haven’t seen any LWB made opposite way. The only point is JLU is a bit too long, or JL should be slightly longer.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Ahem, attention vendors, and I mean ALL vendors.
Did you guys see the poll?

Would you please set down the doughnut and start making more 2 door stuff please,.....

Thank you

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Talking only about off road value: I’ve seen lot of SWB vehicles with rear axle moved backwards for better stability, but haven’t seen any LWB made opposite way. The only point is JLU is a bit too long, or JL should be slightly longer.
This is a very tired subject, but I must remind everyone that it's not correct to say that longer wheelbases always improve off-road performance, nor is it even fair to say that they do so most of the time. It really depends on where you're driving most often. Longer wheelbases have a distinct advantage for steep, straight, uphill climbing, but they suck big time on tight trails with lots of switchbacks, or when you're trying to navigate big boulders where break-over angle becomes important. I've owned both 2-door and 4-door Wranglers, and have driven both off-road, and I can say without a doubt that I'd prefer the 2-door, SWB Wrangler for the types of trails I do most often here in Colorado.

Cyalume

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
After owning three 2 door Wranglers, I finally got tired of going to the store and buying something and getting out to the parking lot and things wouldn’t fit. So this time I got the 4 door for extra cargo room.

It was a tough decision for me I thought I was going to hate having the 4 door, the 2 doors are more sporty looking but I’m loving the extra room. No regrets so far.
Sponsored