Sponsored

JLU interior security options?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Do you think they will incorporate some increased sercurity options as far as the interior goes? This will be my first wrangler and the one thing that worries me is when I'm topless/doorless, how I will store stuff in the vehicle. Do any of y'all have any aftermarket lock boxes in your Jeeps? Or can you get those options through Jeep? After range day, I wanna be able to lock up the rifles away and continue with the day or if shopping occurs while I'm out, lock those item's away as well.
Sponsored

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Do you think they will incorporate some increased sercurity options as far as the interior goes? This will be my first wrangler and the one thing that worries me is when I'm topless/doorless, how I will store stuff in the vehicle. Do any of y'all have any aftermarket lock boxes in your Jeeps? Or can you get those options through Jeep? After range day, I wanna be able to lock up the rifles away and continue with the day or if shopping occurs while I'm out, lock those item's away as well.
You're in for a treat... there's all sorts of aftermarket locking storage options for the Wrangler. These are just a few examples.

Rifle locker in trunk

Jeep_Beauty_Shot_800.jpg

Handgun locker in center console

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 10.39.46 AM.jpg

General storage covers/drawers/etc.

hqdefault.jpg

J101526.jpeg

vdp_32501_locking_hidden_storage_vault_03.jpg

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
I think jeep will continue letting the aftermarket fill this need and just keep offering a lockable center console and glove compartment. Mostly because everyone's needs and preferences differ so much when it comes to security. Another way they can do this is simply making the roof easier to take on and off and able to be stored. I would think it's worth the effort to put the whole top back on if you absolutely have to leave your gun in there.

Just keep in mind your options will probably differ based on whether you want a JL or JLU. In 2011+ JK's the under the seat lock boxes like the Tuffy do not fit. Not an issue with the JKU. Personally if I were securing firearms I would want to be able to lock it without getting out of my vehicle and doing it in plain sight.

Not to give you personal advice but if you're going out often without doors and roof I would try at all costs to avoid leaving the gun in the car. If it gets stolen and into the wrong hands it can open up some really serious consequences which I'm sure you know. Even if your lockbox is secure someone could steal your jeep and with enough time and effort any box can be broken into.

JBlackoutK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
I think jeep will continue letting the aftermarket fill this need and just keep offering a lockable center console and glove compartment. Mostly because everyone's needs and preferences differ so much when it comes to security. Another way they can do this is simply making the roof easier to take on and off and able to be stored. I would think it's worth the effort to put the whole top back on if you absolutely have to leave your gun in there.

Just keep in mind your options will probably differ based on whether you want a JL or JLU. In 2011+ JK's the under the seat lock boxes like the Tuffy do not fit. Not an issue with the JKU. Personally if I were securing firearms I would want to be able to lock it without getting out of my vehicle and doing it in plain sight.

Not to give you personal advice but if you're going out often without doors and roof I would try at all costs to avoid leaving the gun in the car. If it gets stolen and into the wrong hands it can open up some really serious consequences which I'm sure you know. Even if your lockbox is secure someone could steal your jeep and with enough time and effort any box can be broken into.
The man said rifles so there's only one place for that. OP -you can forget Jeep offering any large lockable storage with enough space to fit a rifle so your only option will be the aftermarket. There's many options for the JK, even more for the JKU. The JLU may have even more trunk space so I'm sure you'll find something that works. It'll cost you a pretty penny however. Those big storage vaults are not cheap.

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on some of these aftermarket boxes/storage? I'm looking for a solid/secure cargo area box for gear, med kits, bob, etc.
Any ideas or new releases to fit the JLU?

Sponsored

swmartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I ordered one from Tuffy. First time buying from them but everything I read was good.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-564-tuffy-jl-security-deck-enclosure.aspx

They also have a nice middle console lock box.

Sponsored

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top

swmartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure that you let them know if you have the alpine sub in the back - the first run of security decks don't have a cutout for the sub. A sub compatible model should be released in the next week or two, according to their support folks.
Thanks. I do have the alpine woofer. They had reached out while it was in transit. They’re working on upgraded sides that will fit, and will ship me the sides so I don’t have to return the full item. I’m hoping to hear back from them early next week.

The first run fits the standard subwoofer. just not the Alpine. I believe there’s an inch difference in the two. Standard is 8 where Alpine is 9.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Thanks. I do have the alpine woofer. They had reached out while it was in transit. They’re working on upgraded sides that will fit, and will ship me the sides so I don’t have to return the full item. I’m hoping to hear back from them early next week.

The first run fits the standard subwoofer. just not the Alpine. I believe there’s an inch difference in the two. Standard is 8 where Alpine is 9.
Unfortunately, they weren't able to find a 1-panel-replacement mod to make the deck fit with the alpine sub. They are re-engineering the deck, and they hope to have a alpine-compatible version available in 4-6 weeks.

swmartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, they weren't able to find a 1-panel-replacement mod to make the deck fit with the alpine sub. They are re-engineering the deck, and they hope to have a alpine-compatible version available in 4-6 weeks.
Ugh.