Sponsored

Things to Consider before you purchase DV8 Bumpers…

Fatmac1045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I have the FS-10 front, and the RBJL-01 rear

For the FS-10, only had slight damage on one corner, and one of the tack welded bolts had come free. However to get it to fit my 2 door JL sport was.... fun? Ended up modifying the holes to line it up correctly, and cutting part of the skid plate to make it fit. After getting it on, I contacted them to ask about a mounting bracket for the JL fog lights, since they wouldn't fit. I was informed that this bumper doesn't fit the JL, so I could return it for a refund. Since id already made it fit, and do like the look of it, I wasnt inclined to remove it and go through the headache of sending it back. I instead ordered a pair of LED fog lights for the JK, which are thankfully plug and play to the JL (unlike the headlights). The front bumper also has no place for a licence plate (required front plate in 31 states) but a minor issue.

The rear bumper went on with ease, and was clearly designed for the JL. That said: They did not provide any wires or clips to wire up the LED backup lights (minor, but annoying). They did include a bracket for the licence plate! Sadly they failed to provide a place to mount the plate light (required in EVERY state). Managed to make one myself, but this is a foolish oversight IMHO.
Do you have a link to the LED fogs? I'm on my 2nd set that will require splicing to get them to work. I like the idea of not altering the harness.
Sponsored

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK Unlimited, 2018 JLUR (Black), 2018 JLUR (Red)
Hey,

The DV8 bumpers (front/rear) I purchased for my JL is my third go with their products (2 previous JK builds).

Like before, the bumpers came VERY well packed, especially the front bumper. It’s pretty much encased within Styrofoam and takes a good amount of time to remove. Once I got them out of the boxes…MAN was I disappointed with the condition! :(

The front bumper had rust chips all over the place, rust stains (which I couldn’t remove), and chipped paint. See the pictures below. I spent a good amount of time fixing these issues with bed-liner spray paint. There was a massive 5” round paint chip on the front, which I can tell they fixed with spray paint as well. At least the front licenses plate bracket blocks this. Their website indicates the fog light holes fit the factory fog lights. This isn’t true. They fit the JK fog lights, but not the JL. The JL has a different plastic housing for the fog lights. I had to modify the plastic housing in order for it to work.

The rear bumper was in better condition, with only chipped paint. But, it takes time to prep the surface to paint.

Some of you may have not had issues with your DV8 bumpers….good for you. Unfortunately, I did.

Based on the weight and size, this is not a simple slap on the label and return scenario...So heads up, if you buy their bumpers, you may have to spend time to correct the same issues that I had to do.

bumper 1.jpeg
bumper 2.jpeg
bumper 3.jpeg
bumper 4.jpeg
bumper 5.jpeg
Sorry for getting to this late in the game. This is far from what we hold our standards to. We do take a great deal with packaging our products, however due to the weight and size, we do run into shipping damages every now and then. If this is to ever come up, we do hope that you would either contact us or the dealer where you purchased the product from. In any case that something like this arises, we do all we are able to to right the problem. Never in any situation do we ever "fix" new products that ship to our customers, and if this is what you experience then I do hope that you would notify us. Along for existing or future customers who experience any similar situation, we are always here and happy to help.

As for fitment and the lights, with any new products or line of Wranglers released, we do find changes that need to be made and we appreciate any feedback we can get. Majority of the time, the feedback we receive is indirect (forums, word of mouth, etc...) where we do believe that direct contact is by far more beneficial. For the fog lights, we do have a solution for the LED fog lights from the steel bumpers, but since there are 3-4 different styles, we are working on a solution to hit every type out there.

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey,

The DV8 bumpers (front/rear) I purchased for my JL is my third go with their products (2 previous JK builds).

Like before, the bumpers came VERY well packed, especially the front bumper. It’s pretty much encased within Styrofoam and takes a good amount of time to remove. Once I got them out of the boxes…MAN was I disappointed with the condition! :(

The front bumper had rust chips all over the place, rust stains (which I couldn’t remove), and chipped paint. See the pictures below. I spent a good amount of time fixing these issues with bed-liner spray paint. There was a massive 5” round paint chip on the front, which I can tell they fixed with spray paint as well. At least the front licenses plate bracket blocks this. Their website indicates the fog light holes fit the factory fog lights. This isn’t true. They fit the JK fog lights, but not the JL. The JL has a different plastic housing for the fog lights. I had to modify the plastic housing in order for it to work.

The rear bumper was in better condition, with only chipped paint. But, it takes time to prep the surface to paint.

Some of you may have not had issues with your DV8 bumpers….good for you. Unfortunately, I did.

Based on the weight and size, this is not a simple slap on the label and return scenario...So heads up, if you buy their bumpers, you may have to spend time to correct the same issues that I had to do.

bumper 1.jpeg
bumper 2.jpeg
bumper 3.jpeg
bumper 4.jpeg
bumper 5.jpeg
@phatjoe I DM'd you so we can get in contact. We would like to get a new bumper out to you!

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
For one customer of DV8 products (I've posted my install walkthrough elsewhere on the board a couple months ago) - I ordered a FS-14 through morris4x4 and it came in pristine condition. the box was very well packed - styrofoam surrounded every part of the bumper with at least 2-3", plus wrapped multiple times in plastic. When I unwrapped it - it was in unblemished condition. The packaging survived UPS and all their shenanigans.

For mounting the bumper - I did have to "oval" the eight mounting holes about 1/8" on each side to get them to line up correctly. less than 10 minutes with a drill, and was aware I'd have to do that before hand

I have a JLUR, with LED lights that were in a plastic bumper. my lights were a direct fit for the fog light holes in the DV8 bumper. Although all 4 mounting holes for the light were really close only 3 really fit exact - but 3 screws in that light was fine with me.

I have to agree - being on the "early release" when Mopar continues to change how things are built or mounted can make it frustrating on both the customer and vendor side. We want things now, and Mopar is continuing to change how they do things on a weekly basis (skid plate mounting holes for instance) which make it hard for aftermarket vendors to keep up.

As to the QC issues - I'd look at the vendor and not immediately to DV8 (unless the bumper came directly from DV8). How did the seller store it - was it thrown in the back someplace rattled around and scraped up? Was it a previous return they didn't tell anyone about and revendored? 20 other examples could put the blame squarely on the seller and not necessarily DV8. I think it's a good thing DV8 decides to step up and help - but I don't immediately blame Dometic if I order a fridge from Amazon and the box comes beat up (unless it shipped directly from Dometic)

As a final aside - I've actually called DV8 on the phone while working through issues with mounting the skid plate. I spent a couple phone calls and half dozen emails talking to "Guy" - amazing support, and went the extra step to make sure everything was right.

I know we only ever get bad experiences on the interwebs - but for me, I was definitely a satisfied customer with my bumper. Now the skid plate I'm still trying to install - that's another story.... ;)

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
For one customer of DV8 products (I've posted my install walkthrough elsewhere on the board a couple months ago) - I ordered a FS-14 through morris4x4 and it came in pristine condition. the box was very well packed - styrofoam surrounded every part of the bumper with at least 2-3", plus wrapped multiple times in plastic. When I unwrapped it - it was in unblemished condition. The packaging survived UPS and all their shenanigans.

For mounting the bumper - I did have to "oval" the eight mounting holes about 1/8" on each side to get them to line up correctly. less than 10 minutes with a drill, and was aware I'd have to do that before hand

I have a JLUR, with LED lights that were in a plastic bumper. my lights were a direct fit for the fog light holes in the DV8 bumper. Although all 4 mounting holes for the light were really close only 3 really fit exact - but 3 screws in that light was fine with me.

I have to agree - being on the "early release" when Mopar continues to change how things are built or mounted can make it frustrating on both the customer and vendor side. We want things now, and Mopar is continuing to change how they do things on a weekly basis (skid plate mounting holes for instance) which make it hard for aftermarket vendors to keep up.

As to the QC issues - I'd look at the vendor and not immediately to DV8 (unless the bumper came directly from DV8). How did the seller store it - was it thrown in the back someplace rattled around and scraped up? Was it a previous return they didn't tell anyone about and revendored? 20 other examples could put the blame squarely on the seller and not necessarily DV8. I think it's a good thing DV8 decides to step up and help - but I don't immediately blame Dometic if I order a fridge from Amazon and the box comes beat up (unless it shipped directly from Dometic)

As a final aside - I've actually called DV8 on the phone while working through issues with mounting the skid plate. I spent a couple phone calls and half dozen emails talking to "Guy" - amazing support, and went the extra step to make sure everything was right.

I know we only ever get bad experiences on the interwebs - but for me, I was definitely a satisfied customer with my bumper. Now the skid plate I'm still trying to install - that's another story.... ;)
I agree...

@DV8Offroad has excellent customer service. If I was missing say a nut plate for a front skid, they are on it immediately sending me what I need at no cost.

Mooch76

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Train Operator
I had a few issues with the FS-15 front, but got it mounted with a little man handeling. No modification necessary. The fog lights(LED) fit with no problems. The rear was fine for mounting. When I opened the boxes I did have a few chips on the front and rear, but touched it up with some matte rustoleum. Hard to tell where if you didn’t see them before. Pretty happy with them.

9C79E5AA-04D2-4787-A0A8-B1298BE9241F.jpeg

20C48FF0-39C7-47BA-8132-D0828379B8FA.jpeg

Tooflss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I recently ordered the fs-15 and and skid plate and it was in perfect condition. But mine was shipped on a pallet so really no way for it to get thrown around and damaged.
It mounted with zero problems, except there was no hardware in eiter box( but a quick call to dv8 and that was resolved in 2 days) I also got the first production run of the skid plate and would not mount to the existing holes In the frame, but with another call, lol they are sending out what I need to get it mounted up.
Because of the outstanding customer service and awesome prices, DV8 will get my buisness for the rear bumper, swing out tire gate and beadlocks once the are in stock.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had a few issues with the FS-15 front, but got it mounted with a little man handeling. No modification necessary. The fog lights(LED) fit with no problems. The rear was fine for mounting. When I opened the boxes I did have a few chips on the front and rear, but touched it up with some matte rustoleum. Hard to tell where if you didn’t see them before. Pretty happy with them.

9C79E5AA-04D2-4787-A0A8-B1298BE9241F.jpeg

20C48FF0-39C7-47BA-8132-D0828379B8FA.jpeg
How do you like the projection of the reverse lights? Does it light up far enough behind your jeep?

Mooch76

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Train Operator
How do you like the projection of the reverse lights? Does it light up far enough behind your jeep?
I didn’t hook them up as reverse lights. I put them on one of the auxiliary switches. They light up about 4-5’ feet behind the bumper, but are pretty concentrated since they are pointed down.

Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Shame, I was considering their bumpers!

DV8Offroad

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t hook them up as reverse lights. I put them on one of the auxiliary switches. They light up about 4-5’ feet behind the bumper, but are pretty concentrated since they are pointed down.
They do not....They hit the ground within 10 ft of the Jeep.
So these lights on the RBJL-01 are intended to be used as rock lights rather than back up lights. If you are looking for a straight facing back up light, I would recommend our RBJL-03.

RBJL_03.jpg

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
My experience with DV8 bumpers. I ordered my front fs-13 from extreme terrain (they ship from their warehouse in PA) UPS destroyed 2 of them, chips in the pain and dents that could have only been made by a forklift, and I had to send them back. I spent over $45 in tape and packing materials to return them. The last one the sent me had chips in the paint but I just got some rustoleum satin black and re painted it. My front skid plate I ordered directly from DV8 because nobody had it yet and it came in perfect condition, even the cardboard on the box was clean. I decided to get the DV8 rear bumper from Northridge4X4 and they actually drop shipped from DV8 instead of shipping from their in house stock like extreme terrain does and my rear bumper arrived just like my skid plate, flawless condition. On a side note DV8 used FEDEX Extremeterrain.com uses UPS for shipping.... I know who I feel has a higher standard of quality control. Personally I’ll never recommend extreme terrain for any heavy objects, the return process was a nightmare, boxing up and returning bumpers that weight over 100 lbs in boxes that were already trashed and having to reinforce the boxes with more cardboard and packing materials. Save the money hassle use someone like Northridge4X4 who drop ships from the manufacturer.