Soft top ripples. Pic attached.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Passenger side is smooth, but the drivers side has multiple ripples that I would guess were caused by the fabric not being tight when the plastic seam grabber was sewn on.

Would anyone else be bothered by this?

E12BB976-6640-44C6-B429-98E7103140B6.jpeg
Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Passenger side is smooth, but the drivers side has multiple ripples that I would guess were caused by the fabric not being tight when the plastic seam grabber was sewn on.

Has that been out in the sun on a hot day? Curious if that would straighten it. My personal opinion is if it bothers you, its a new vehicle follow up.

OP
OP
Wanderingwheelz

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Has that been out in the sun on a hot day? Curious if that would straighten it. My personal opinion is if it bothers you, its a new vehicle follow up.
It’s been outside on a hot day, yes.

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S

I've noticed the ripples too in the same area, but I have a hard top. Not sure if it's to do with it being out in the heat or not. I first noticed when washing for the first time (out in very hot conditions). I figured it would naturally go away once it's out of the sun, but it's such a minor thing I never even remembered to check up on it again. I'm pretty detailed though, so it must have gone away if I didn't catch my attention up till now.

Last edited:

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
It’s been outside on a hot day, yes.
It won't be as taught on a hot day as it would be on a cold day but those ripples don't look good. How hot was it? The JK premium/twill fabric doesn't do it when sitting in the 110F hot sun and that's all we have here now for a point of reference.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wanderingwheelz

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
It won't be as taught on a hot day as it would be on a cold day but those ripples don't look good. How hot was it? The JK premium/twill fabric doesn't do it when sitting in the 110F hot sun and that's all we have here now for a point of reference.
This is the standard soft top.

OP
OP
Wanderingwheelz

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I've noticed the ripples too in the same area, but I have a hard top. Not sure if it's to do with it being out in the heat or not. I first noticed when washing for the first time (out in very hot conditions). I figured it would naturally go away once it's out of the sun, but it's such a minor thing I never even remembered to check up on it again. I'm pretty detailed though, so it must have gone away if I didn't catch my attention up till now.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored