Two JLs at the shop today. Ones getting a Recon Kit Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
At a minimum, you would be out the money for the standard coils and shocks. That could be a lot of money if you are talking equivalent King remote reservoir shocks. Better to just go coil over from the start if you think you will end up there.
I haven’t done anything. What I was wondering is let’s say a great normal lift is $3k, how much more would it cost to go this route. I was trying to compare apples to apples.

A great normal lift cost $x while this coil over lift cost $y.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU / Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Jeep Builder
That is awesome. Thanks for the education. As a general rule, I know there are many options (control arms etc) if you did top standard spring/shock set vs a top coil over set up. Like what is the “upgrade” difference to go from one to the other. Double the price?
At a minimum, you would be out the money for the standard coils and shocks. That could be a lot of money if you are talking equivalent King remote reservoir shocks. Better to just go coil over from the start if you think you will end up there.
Vavaroutsos, you hit the nail on the head. Because the cost on nice shocks can be substantial, we recommend that if people think they will eventually want coilovers, to just save a little more and get them. You would also be paying double labor costs if you upgrade to nice spring/shocks and then went to coilovers.

This might be a dumb question, but seeing as how the amount of lift is somewhat variable, what’s the least amount of lift one can run with a Recon kit?
The only dumb question when it comes to Jeeps is: Why? Answer: Because we can. ;)

Our Recon Kit for the JL has an adjustable lift height of 3.5" to 8". Most people have us set them up at around 4".

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I haven’t done anything. What I was wondering is let’s say a great normal lift is $3k, how much more would it cost to go this route. I was trying to compare apples to apples.
In order to compare apples to apples let's assume that the only variable in the lift kits are the springs and shocks. Say you have already chosen your other components (controls arms, etc...). There's effectively only about a $350 difference in parts:

Our coilovers are roughly $690 each x4= 2760

King's OEM Reservoir shocks are around $500 each x4= 2000 + 4 springs @ $100each = $2400

2760-2400= $350 difference

HOWEVER! This does not include the cost of coilover brackets and the difference in labor cost for installing the two systems.

Does this give you a little bit clearer picture?

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
It does. Thanks.
Thanks for stopping in!! I hope Taylor was able to answer your questions! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The only dumb question when it comes to Jeeps is: Why? Answer: Because we can. ;)

Our Recon Kit for the JL has an adjustable lift height of 3.5" to 8". Most people have us set them up at around 4".
:)

Okay, follow up question then: is it a true 3.5”? I’ve seen many 2.5” that are actually 3 or 3.5.

Thanks for the answers! I’m trying to decide my path for a lift.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
:)

Okay, follow up question then: is it a true 3.5”? I’ve seen many 2.5” that are actually 3 or 3.5.

Thanks for the answers! I’m trying to decide my path for a lift.
Yes. The variance in lift heights you're describing comes from people using 4Door springs on a 2Door and vice versa.

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
We do have a kit for both the front and rear. If you follow the link https://jeep.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/ror_rjl25cwb.htm it will take you directly to our full Recon JL Coilover Kit. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.
I followed the link and noticed there are several options. Can you explain the options on the page?

I, of course, know all the answers... but I’m sure some readers may need the info.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I'll be giving you a call tomorrow. Just threw 40's on my mojito tonight with a cheap RC 2.5 spacer kit to gauge where it sat and where I wanted to go next with my "permanent" lift. (also to sell stock rubicon wheels to pay for new lift) I like the stance there around 4 inches. Great looking rigs.

Poromenos

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
So much want. Awesome work guys.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I followed the link and noticed there are several options. Can you explain the options on the page?

I, of course, know all the answers... but I’m sure some readers may need the info.
Which options are you referring to? For the product listing? A couple of them are color selectors, the rest...

Full Kit Compression Adjusters- Allows you to "soften" or "stiffen" your shocks. Knob on the reservior can be opened or closed to adjust the rate at which your shocks are allowed to compress. Rebound rate is fixed.

Full Kit Finned Reserviors- Uprade reservoir to have cooling fins. Disperses Heat better to reduce and help eliminate fade.

Full Kit IBP (Internal ByPass)- Allows further tuning of suspension
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.