Sponsored

ProCharger Supercharger system for JL Wrangler (Now Shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Hey everyone,

My name is Erik, I am only of the "OG" techs here at ProCharger superchargers. (literally been here since like 2002 or something)... But I just wanted to introduce myself and also show off our stuff a little bit.

I am a fellow "jeep" guy, and own two of them myself. Although I don't have the funds for a JL personally at this time, I do enjoy my 4 door JK and my "crawler" ZJ as much as I possibly can. However now that we have the supercharger kits for these JLs, it has me really thinking about selling both my jeeps for a nice down payment on the JL.

Cause these things are flat out awesome, and with the 50% power gain from the supercharger... Well its basically PERFECT for everything I would want to do... street drive, tow the waverunner, and overland a bit.

Anyways, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Here are some shots of the kit installed on one of our company JL's (and now I don't get to beat on this one, since its a company truck, lol)

Thanks for reading!
Erik Radzins

2018_Jeep_JL_Underhood.JPG

The power has increased, its still wicked easy to install, and the driving expereince amazing.
(literally feels like how you wished it was from the factory)

2018_Jeep_JL_Underhood5.png
IMG_3116.jpg

From our website:

IT’S OFF-ROADING TIME! PROCHARGER 2018 JEEP SUPERCHARGER KITS AVAILABLE

Power up your 2018 Jeep JL with a Tuner kit from ProCharger and gain 50%+ Horsepower. Our Jeep supercharger Tuner Kits are fully engineered and include our world class, off-road proven P-1SC-1 supercharger, ready to take on any challenge you can throw it. Whether it’s driving in the Outback or just going to Outback steakhouse, rest assured that your Jeep will have plenty of power in reserve to handle any situation. We offer more options and upgrades than any supercharger company including our D-1SC supercharger for even more horsepower. Built on over 24 years of proven technology and satisfied customers, we are excited to offer the next generation of Jeep Wrangler some serious power upgrade options.

2017_Jeep_JK_Intercooler.png

Our Tuner Kits also include large air-to-air intercoolers to keep air inlet temps low even under extreme conditions.

No Major Modifications Required

Just bolt it on, slightly trim the fan shroud, install a professional tune, and GO! Our ProCharger Tuner Kits are designed to be simple and easy-to-install letting you get your Jeep back on the road and hitting the trails. Professional tuners should have no problem getting 50%+ Horsepower increase with our friendly Tuner Kits. Our Tuner Kits are one of the easiest kits to install saving you time and effort. The ProCharger belt drive system is easier to service than even the factory system, because the belt can be removed or swapped without any other component removal! We also mounted the supercharger head unit as high as possible for those JKs that will see some water/mud, and to leave more room for aftermarket suspension/steering parts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Erik, curious to know if you have one of these units installed on your JK. Thanks for your posting.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Hey everyone,

My name is Erik, I am only of the "OG" techs here at ProCharger superchargers. (literally been here since like 2002 or something)... But I just wanted to introduce myself and also show off our stuff a little bit.

I am a fellow "jeep" guy, and own two of them myself. Although I don't have the funds for a JL personally at this time, I do enjoy my 4 door JK and my "crawler" ZJ as much as I possibly can. However now that we have the supercharger kits for these JLs, it has me really thinking about selling both my jeeps for a nice down payment on the JL.

Cause these things are flat out awesome, and with the 50% power gain from the supercharger... Well its basically PERFECT for everything I would want to do... street drive, tow the waverunner, and overland a bit.

Anyways, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Here are some shots of the kit installed on one of our company JL's (and now I don't get to beat on this one, since its a company truck, lol)

Thanks for reading!
Erik Radzins

2018_Jeep_JL_Underhood.JPG

The power has increased, its still wicked easy to install, and the driving expereince amazing.
(literally feels like how you wished it was from the factory)

2018_Jeep_JL_Underhood5.png
This is awesome, but I do have a couple of questions.

Is this a sealed supercharger or do you have to run an oil supply/return line? How often do you need to change the oil? Any dyno graphs of power band? One last one, why does it look like the volute is eating that hose clamp??
20180911_181641.jpg

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I run a D1SC in my 800+ whp mustang. Looks like the JL is getting blown too :)

Is this a sealed supercharger or do you have to run an oil supply/return line? How often do you need to change the oil? Any dyno graphs of power band? One last one, why does it look like the volute is eating that hose clamp??
20180911_181641.jpg
The P1 D1 F1 are all self lubricated. You change the oil every 5k and the kits usually come with 3 oils. I'll let them answer the graphs but they are very linear. My mustang looks more like a big block that builds whp with rpm vs the huge peak you see with turbos. The PC's just look like that in regards to the hose clamp. They are a tight fit but there is plenty of room for the intake pipe.

I am assuming this is a P1SC1 with a 5" pulley? Fueling is what interests me the most along with the belt routing. I assume it runs off the stock belt routing vs an extended crank pulley like my stage two setup.

For fun here is my Procharged Stang, hope the IC on the JL looks just as sick :) @Texas_Yote on insta.

20180813_164518.jpg
20180622_190457.jpg

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Why didn't you guys incorporate the stock airbox? Nobody wants those exposed filters.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the Install Guide available for review? I watched the video of the install on Motorz and it appears relatively straightforward but always appreciate being able to actually read the official installation doc.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The P1 D1 F1 are all self lubricated. You change the oil every 5k and the kits usually come with 3 oils. I'll let them answer the graphs but they are very linear. My mustang looks more like a big block that builds whp with rpm vs the huge peak you see with turbos. The PC's just look like that in regards to the hose clamp. They are a tight fit but there is plenty of room for the intake pipe.

I am assuming this is a P1SC1 with a 5" pulley? Fueling is what interests me the most along with the belt routing. I assume it runs off the stock belt routing vs an extended crank pulley like my stage two setup.

For fun here is my Procharged Stang, hope the IC on the JL looks just as sick :) @Texas_Yote on insta.

20180813_164518.jpg
20180622_190457.jpg
Very cool mustang!! The tuning does have me a little curious, if injectors or fuel pump don't need to be replaced.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
How does this work?
The cliff notes version...

Relocate the alternator to a different position, attached the supercharger into its place....
Mount the intercooler behind the grill... connection some clamps and tubing..

And enjoy 50% more power :)

Erik, curious to know if you have one of these units installed on your JK. Thanks for your posting.
Sadly my JK is the early motor. We only make them for the 3.6 :(
But at I stated, I think its days in my fleet are numbered...

Is this a sealed supercharger or do you have to run an oil supply/return line?
How often do you need to change the oil?
Any dyno graphs of power band?
why does it look like the volute is eating that hose clamp??
Sealed. Just change the oil every 6,000 miles or so.
We give you enough oil for (4) changes at time of purchase.
I will get graphs up here in the next couple days. We use a "mustang" dyno that is actually set up for emissions testing, so the numbers are always low. However the "percentage of power gain" would remain the same.

Why didn't you guys incorporate the stock airbox? Nobody wants those exposed filters.
Our customers that use them in extreme conditions (the guys really putting them through the paces in the dunes and rivers) have just been running a KN prefilter cover with no issues reported. (I have a couple guys that I tune their 1,200hp sand cars, and they use the same method)

Is the Install Guide available for review? I watched the video of the install on Motorz and it appears relatively straightforward but always appreciate being able to actually read the official installation doc.
Just send us an email to [email protected] and the guys can get you one out. :)
Trust me, its flipping eassssssy. Its a afternoon in the garage with a buddy drinking a cold beverage (or 3) with the TV on in the background... kinda install.

Hope that helps a bit,
Erik Radzins

Sponsored

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler

Dude, congrats on the STANG! My business partner is lucky enough to drive a 800hp stang daily with a P1X on it.
I am in the "dad carpool lane" with my beater lol.

As for the blower, yes the P1SC1 is the standard blower since its a great match for the powerband of this motor.
The routing is basically the same as stock that ran the alternator before. (crazy belt wrap, like 75% of the pulley)
Out of all the JK systems we have sold (and soon JLs) I have never had a customer need another belt.
Its just such a low power level, there's hardly any stress on the belt system.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cliff notes version...

Relocate the alternator to a different position, attached the supercharger into its place....
Mount the intercooler behind the grill... connection some clamps and tubing..

And enjoy 50% more power :)

Sadly my JK is the early motor. We only make them for the 3.6 :(
But at I stated, I think its days in my fleet are numbered...

Sealed. Just change the oil every 6,000 miles or so.
We give you enough oil for (4) changes at time of purchase.
I will get graphs up here in the next couple days. We use a "mustang" dyno that is actually set up for emissions testing, so the numbers are always low. However the "percentage of power gain" would remain the same.

Our customers that use them in extreme conditions (the guys really putting them through the paces in the dunes and rivers) have just been running a KN prefilter cover with no issues reported. (I have a couple guys that I tune their 1,200hp sand cars, and they use the same method)

Trust me, its flipping eassssssy. Its a afternoon in the garage with a buddy drinking a cold beverage (or 3) with the TV on in the background... kinda install.

Hope that helps a bit,
Erik Radzins
Will you guys not be offering tuning for these kits? I live in St. Louis i would be happy to drive to KC for a tune!!

Also what is going to be the cost?

Can we get the intercoolers in black?

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hope that helps a bit,
Erik Radzins
Thanks, will do! I'm guessing when/if Jeep switches to the BSG system on the V6 that's going to initially throw you guys a curve; will be interested to see what comes.
(BTW, my brother's name is Erik - with a "K" like it should be! :) )

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Will you guys not be offering tuning for these kits?
We do offer tuning with the systems now. :)
You send us your ECU and we flash it. :)

Can we get the intercoolers in black?
Yes sir!

Thanks, will do! I'm guessing when/if Jeep switches to the BSG system on the V6 that's going to initially throw you guys a curve; will be interested to see what comes.
(BTW, my brother's name is Erik - with a "K" like it should be! :) )
We will get through it, always do. I remember when GM went to DI and people said it was the end of the aftermarket. :)
We not only got through it, but set every record out there :)

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
We do offer tuning with the systems now. :)
You send us your ECU and we flash it. :)

Yes sir!

We will get through it, always do. I remember when GM went to DI and people said it was the end of the aftermarket. :)
We not only got through it, but set every record out there :)
What’s the price tag???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.