First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
2018 JLU Rubicon with 3.6L and 8 speed auto.

Updated my Tazer JL’s firmware to version 11.0.6 everything is working well except Auto Park. In the Live Function I have the setting “AP Kill ON”, The Tazer JL is left plugged in. My jeep has been through several sleep/wake cycles, several reboots, and a full reboot; even a few Tazer JL marriages and divorces with the Jeep. By the way the 11.0.6 with "AP Kill" and some other settings is not documented yet.

With the engine running, seat belt off, and the door open; when at a full stop if I am in R, N, or D the gear selector light on the console flashes and the transmission goes to autopark. Maybe I am ignorant of what the AutoPark disable setting is supposed to do, but when the engine is running I do not want to go into Park unless I shift it to Park.

Hope I don’t need to change the firmware anymore, I am about an hour away from the only person I know that will let me download and use the Programming Utility on their Windows computer. Not allowed to at work and my person computers are Apple Macs, prefer to skip the expense of installing some Window version on a Mac just for this utility.

Sure would appreciate to know what I am doing incorrectly.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@mazeppa

You MUST leave the driver's side seat belt fastened or even though the Tazer JL's "AP KILL" is On, the auto park will kick in if you open the door and are in either F or R.

So, lets say you are backing up a trailer attached to your JL, you do not have your seat belt fastened and you are in reverse. You open the driver's door to look back..... and YUP, the auto park kicks in. NOW, had your seat belt been fastened around you or behind you with you sitting on the fastened seat belt, auto park would not have kicked in.

In closing YUP, Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite with firmware 11.06 are the only programmers that can disable auto park. As mentioned, you do need to fasten the driver's side seat belt.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
@mazeppa

In closing YUP, Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite with firmware 11.06 are the only programmers that can disable auto park. As mentioned, you do need to fasten the driver's side seat belt.
So sort of?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@greenJLmachine

Disable auto park works. You would be sitting in the driver's seat, seat belt has to be buckled up around you or in front of you, engine has to be running, you have to move the shifter lever to F or R.... YES, disable auto park works well.

I benefit from the disable auto park feature very often..

Note: If the JL owner is chubby or whatever and cannot easily fasten his/her seat belt, etc., he can have a family member do it for him/her. :cwl:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Yes, because the Government think we are all idiots and can't think for ourselves so they put these safety feature in our vehicles!!!

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Yes, because the Government think we are all idiots and can't think for ourselves so they put these safety feature in our vehicles!!!
Have you been to florida?? ;)

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Hmmmm it’s not supposed to work that way. AP Kill should be killing autopark, 4 seconds after the Jeep is started you should see “autopark disabled” pop up on the dash and seatbelt or no seatbelt, door open the Jeep should move.

Sounds like some of you aren’t getting that same result?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmm it’s not supposed to work that way. AP Kill should be killing autopark, 4 seconds after the Jeep is started you should see “autopark disabled” pop up on the dash and seatbelt or no seatbelt, door open the Jeep should move.

Sounds like some of you aren’t getting that same result?
@joe@zauto

Every JL owner l have messaged with regarding disable auto park says they also MUST have seat belt fastened.

Actually, l have mentioned this to you in past correspondences.

Hmmmmm...

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I may not have been listening ;)

When you start your Jeep with AP Kill turned on, do you get the “autopark disabled” message?

JackAttack

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Turbo
Occupation
FCA District Manager
I'm running Tazer 11.06 and my AP disabled message does not come up w/ AP Kill on in the DID

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may not have been listening ;)

When you start your Jeep with AP Kill turned on, do you get the “autopark disabled” message?
@joe@zauto

Using 11.0.6

No, no message but auto park is disabled ...... but as mentioned seat belt has to be fastened.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running Tazer 11.06 and my AP disabled message does not come up w/ AP Kill on in the DID
@JackAttack

Assuming you have auto park disabled by the Tazer JL, have you actually checked to see if auto park is in fact disabled? Do you need to have the seat belt fastened as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread?
Sponsored