Sponsored

Has anyone else noticed what looks like 1000's of tiny bubbles or specks in their wndshield?!?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The acoustic laminated windshield only comes with the premium upgraded stereo system.
What does laminated windshield have to do with upgraded stereo ? Why are they joined together ?

That's like saying that a tow hitch will come with two batteries ?
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
What does laminated windshield have to do with upgraded stereo ? Why are they joined together ?

That's like saying that a tow hitch will come with two batteries ?
All modern day windshields are laminated. The acoustic glass uses a special laminate that helps increase sound insulation. Apparently the JLs equipped with the upgraded sound system includes the upgraded acoustic glass. Not sure if just windshield or all glass.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
All modern day windshields are laminated. The acoustic glass uses a special laminate that helps increase sound insulation. Apparently the JLs equipped with the upgraded sound system includes the upgraded acoustic glass. Not sure if just windshield or all glass.
I see , the relationship is with the sound insulation of the windshield and the louder sound system . Keeps the sound inside , and does not let it escape or diffuse . That indeed does make a lot of sense .

However , another relationship will be the increased sound will rattle the rear view mirror and vibrate the glass , lol .

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Not to pee on the parade, but I had a JL Sport S without any premium sound system and yet I still had the acoustic glass. It may be just the standard glass they use on all JL's, but I can't confirm that part. I only can speak to what I had then.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have a Rubicon with standard stereo and I have the acoustic glass. It says "acoustic" on the lower drivers side corner.

I don't see specs, but I do see some suction cup looking marks under the right lighting. Seems to be on the inside, but I have had no luck cleaning them off.
My windshield has been just fine - no flecks in any light. I also have the acoustic windshield and have tried and tried to get rid of those suction cup marks as well - but nothing would work. I finally figured out how to get rid of them though.

I got a nice 18" crack in the windshield on Friday - I guess I get to check out the Gorilla Glass! I'll see if the suction cup marks are on that one!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Anyone else notice specks in their windshield? I'm just trying to find out if this is a somewhat common problem. :movember:

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
Every 4x4 I've had (FJ40, TJ) has quickly gained little dings on the windshield caused by sand, big dust, etc hitting the upright windshield at speed. I live in a dry dusty environment halfway up a mountain. You may have the same problem....

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
My base sport with 5 inch radio came with acoustic glass. F'ing thing still cracked 2 weeks after i got the jl. I dont see bubbles in mine.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
My base sport with 5 inch radio came with acoustic glass. F'ing thing still cracked 2 weeks after i got the jl. I dont see bubbles in mine.
Don't try to clean the windshield by sand blasting it .

OP
OP
Tunesoul

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Every 4x4 I've had (FJ40, TJ) has quickly gained little dings on the windshield caused by sand, big dust, etc hitting the upright windshield at speed. I live in a dry dusty environment halfway up a mountain. You may have the same problem....
I noticed them a day or two after I drove it off the lot (it was a brand new custom ordered JLUR.) I assumed it was some kind of overspray or contaminate, but it does not come off no matter what I've tried. It is IN the glass itself. I just can't live with it, especially considering I paid $62,000.00 cash for it.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Don't try to clean the windshield by sand blasting it .
Wife fot a tiny pea size rock chip in lower left. An hour later while sitting in the sun on a warm day there was a 2ft crack.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I noticed them a day or two after I drove it off the lot (it was a brand new custom ordered JLUR.) I assumed it was some kind of overspray or contaminate, but it does not come off no matter what I've tried. It is IN the glass itself. I just can't live with it, especially considering I paid $62,000.00 cash for it.
One , why the high price ? What did you customize for the price to be high ?

Two , if it came to you that way , then they owe you a partial refund , at least ? For defective glass IN the windshield .

Call Mike Manley , CEO , if the dealer gives you a flim flam runaround .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Wife fot a tiny pea size rock chip in lower left. An hour later while sitting in the sun on a warm day there was a 2ft crack.
With the other problems you have had , whatever you do , don't take a job as a JL salesman at the auto show .
Sponsored