old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
this "it's a Jeep thing" is out of hand. I think what we have is straight up poor design.
The sport I drove a month and a half ago did not drive like this. The Rubicon I drove 2 weeks ago was all over the place. My previous Grand Cherokee and JK's I have test driven were nothing like this.
Jeep should be insanely proud of what they have done with the JL... but jeeze, fix the steering.
As you correctly imply , it is Not a Jeep thing . The Sport you test drove is a good example .

Insane is the correct word for electronics programs which were designed by the nutty professor , lol . Such as ESS , lol .

You misuse 'insane' to imply insanity is a source of pride ; actually 'insanity' is a source of bad stuff .
Sponsored

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Driving like a cartoon down the highway in a car that is pushing 50k is unacceptable.
If you are pushing $50K for your price , you better get another discount , unless you have a thick wallet and don't care . If you do have a thick wallet and don't care , refuse any discount .

TeeravX

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
If you are pushing $50K for your price , you better get another discount , unless you have a thick wallet and don't care . If you do have a thick wallet and don't care , refuse any discount .
Per the googs "insane" can mean shocking or outrageous depending on the context so I'd maintain my application of the word is fine.

Regarding the price - I am in this instance speaking collectively on what a consumer could pay on their Jeep. I have some discounts in the bag, but the real point here is it's not a cheap automobile. At the price they are asking a Jeep Wrangler no longer the venerable throw around car many would have you believe.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
At the price they are asking a Jeep Wrangler no longer the venerable throw around car many would have you believe.
Well , the steering issue you are concerned about might throw you around , unlike previous models of Jeeps .

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Let me tell you a story, I ordered my 2dr JL RUBY 1-22-18/received it 7-14-18/ even though I only had 2 miles to drive it home, I felt like I was in a DESTRUCTION DERBY/RIGHT/LEFT--straight was almost impossible, but I made it to my garage--

I had to go IMMEDIATELY go to Calif, for a month--so all I did was read about all the steering /soft top/dash display/media problems-etc/etc/etc--

I got back to NorNv(my garage) and-

Checked the soft top condition/operation/side/rear window removal/reinstall--PERFECT IN EVERY WAY-
By cycling thru "SETTINGS" on the MEDIA--dashboard/MEDIA displays------PERFECT IN EVERY WAY-
Checked ALL THE PAINT--It's equal to the new CORVETTES I've ordered/owned-PERFECT IN EVERY WAY-
I checked the tire air pressure--46psi--all of them-dropped the air pressure to 30psi and drove out to the desert--
I put 100 miles on the JLR and steering was -------------------------------------------PERFECT IN EVERY WAY-
I tried the 4wd/4hi/4lo/lockers/swaybar release-----------------------------------------PERFECT IN EVERY WAY-
The 6-spd manual/clutch ops are the best I've had-well almost to the CORVETTES

I don't think my jeep is a rareity, there are a lot of forum owners that have about the same condition jeep

To me and I've been buying NEW VEHICLES FOR DECADES(MANY JEEPS) this is the most valuable OFF-ROAD vehicle(dollar for dollar)I've ever had and my last '08 JKUR, which was my PRIDE AND JOY, was not even close to this JL--

So If you REALLY WANT A JEEP, remember that the majority of members of this forum are NEWBE, first time jeep owners that aren't buying an off-road jeep, they're buying a commute car, that happens to ne SOCIAL STATEMENT-

Mind your Ps and Qs-

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
dropped the air pressure to 30psi and drove out to the desert
You are already in the desert , so you don't need to drive out to the desert . Just drive off your property and you drove out to the desert .

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, yeah, but I had to drive to FALLON and back to put some hiwy miles on it and satisfy myself on the "MODIFIED"A STEERING--

---BINGO---

The mountainous desert is about 10 minutes and PYRAMID LAKE is 20 minutes-

I just have to watch out for horses and it's now a proven fact THAT MUSTANG HORSES hate us severely(obvious reasons), because all they do is CRAP in off-road tracks/trails, I mean big piles-
MCEFenders-1-16-15016_zps20205dab.jpg

MCEFenders-1-16-15005_zpse376ba6e.jpg

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!

JIMBO
You are already in the desert , so you don't need to drive out to the desert . Just drive off your property and you drove out to the desert .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Heh Heh, yeah, but I had to drive to FALLON and back to put some hiwy miles on it and satisfy myself on the "MODIFIED"A STEERING--

---BINGO---

The mountainous desert is about 10 minutes and PYRAMID LAKE is 20 minutes-

I just have to watch out for horses and it's now a proven fact THAT MUSTANG HORSES hate us severely(obvious reasons), because all they do is CRAP in off-road tracks/trails, I mean big piles-
MCEFenders-1-16-15016_zps20205dab.jpg

MCEFenders-1-16-15005_zpse376ba6e.jpg

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!

JIMBO
@JIMBOX , you are a true Jeep owner , right out your front door . That's what Jeeps are made for .

Your Jeep must do some extra duty by hauling a bushel of apples and a bushel of carrots out to the mustang horses . Then they will run to greet you next time .

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, each year(after Xmas) they run to my jeep for "treats", but I can't really feed them, It's against the law to feed/touch/herd/rope, those beautiful horses--

BUMMER

JIMBO

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm lucky I choose this area, I've gotta million square miles of this stuff and it's pretty uncrowded, never anybody will take a chance and try driving out here--The jeep makes it so easy-
Feb%202016%20025_zpssktqkgax.jpg

Ain't jeepin fun ?

JIMBO

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
Calling @HighDeaf1080p , memo from 'reality' : It's Not the solid axle .

I've driven solid axle Jeeps over 50 years , and never had steering issues .
Well that's good. I've driven solid axles for two weeks, and I don't have a steering issue either. My steerings just fine. So, what's your point? That it shouldn't feel any different than an IRS vehicle? Hogshit.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm lucky I choose this area, I've gotta million square miles of this stuff and it's pretty uncrowded, never anybody will take a chance and try driving out here--The jeep makes it so easy-

Ain't jeepin fun ?
JIMBO
Looks like you are on the Moon . Let's go back to the horses .