Sponsored

Is it just me or do the all weather floor mats kinda suck?

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I mean they work great. But in their efforts to be cutesy with the terrain map and the Jeep logo, they’re just uncomfortable to put your foot on. I know I’m in a Jeep and should be wearing rugged hiking boots all the time, but reality is most of the time I’m wearing leather-soled dress shoes for work or my standard casual boat shoes, and through the thin soles of each I feel all the relief lines on the map, the raised Jeep logo, etc. it’s just damned uncomfortable and hard to find a good spot for my left foot as a result. Am I too Princess and the Pea or anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Sponsored

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I originally had carpet. Rode around like that for about 5 months, then made the switch to the mopar mats with the red logo. I know the feel you’re talking about but it doesn’t really bother me. I have a 2 year old and they’ve already served their purpose in the back seat.

You could always just switch to carpet and change them out as necessary. They install pretty easily.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I mean they work great. But in their efforts to be cutesy with the terrain map and the Jeep logo, they’re just uncomfortable to put your foot on. I know I’m in a Jeep and should be wearing rugged hiking boots all the time, but reality is most of the time I’m wearing leather-soled dress shoes for work or my standard casual boat shoes, and through the thin soles of each I feel all the relief lines on the map, the raised Jeep logo, etc. it’s just damned uncomfortable and hard to find a good spot for my left foot as a result. Am I too Princess and the Pea or anyone else notice this?
Haven’t noticed it. I don’t think I’ve ever driven my Jeep in anything but flip flops.

Last edited:

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
I'm really enjoying my Rough Country all-weather floor mats, I much prefer them over the carpet

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Gotta go with princess on this one. However at least it helped you discover a newfound ability. You should be able to learn to read Braille with your feet. :giggle:

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Have you tried this SET? Amazon has them for 32.99
Oh! Oh! Oh! I just love those pink butterflies! They are fabulous!!! (in my best feminine voice) :swear:

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Mine are GREAT, they're rimmed/locked in place and have a convenient "DRAIN PLUG"-

No complaints !

W.E.

JIMBO
I have wondered about the "Drain Plug" Mine is just a hole, online it looks like that is correct. Is there supposed to be a plug that fills that hole? Did my dealer toss the plug because they thought it was trash?

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I have wondered about the "Drain Plug" Mine is just a hole, online it looks like that is correct. Is there supposed to be a plug that fills that hole? Did my dealer toss the plug because they thought it was trash?
You unplug the plug in the floorboards, shove the funnel thing on the bottom of the floor mat in that hole, and then plug the hole in the floor mat with the plug you took out of the floorboard.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
You unplug the plug in the floorboards, shove the funnel thing on the bottom of the floor mat in that hole, and then plug the hole in the floor mat with the plug you took out of the floorboard.
really? Mine came installed from the dealer. The hole is open. Seamed kinda stupid to have all weather floor mats with a hole in them... oh and what is this "funnel thing" is that supposed to come with them too?
Sponsored