First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
As much as I love the idea and look of this protective coating, for $5/$6K you could literally have a reputable shop paint the whole jeep! (as good if not better than it was for the factory.
Holy crap no joke! .
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I ceramic coat all my vehicles. The amount of scratch and environmental protection is phenomenal...not to mention how easy it is to clean after being off-road. I can also do it for forum members (BMW/Jeep) if you're local to the bay area.

jbeiker

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
I ceramic coat all my vehicles. The amount of scratch and environmental protection is phenomenal...not to mention how easy it is to clean after being off-road. I can also do it for forum members (BMW/Jeep) if you're local to the bay area.
Is the ceramic coating process difficult? I would love to do this myself but unsure if this would be a project I could tackle myself. I am very meticulous so I would love to do it but wanna make sure I don't screw something up. Thoughts?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is the ceramic coating process difficult? I would love to do this myself but unsure if this would be a project I could tackle myself. I am very meticulous so I would love to do it but wanna make sure I don't screw something up. Thoughts?
It's very easy assuming all the prep work (decontamination and paint correction) has been done. just be sure to wipe it off while it's still wet. if you let it dry, you risk leaving a visible film that looks like hard water marks on the paint. But these buff out easily with polish so it's not a huge concern.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Ive seen 2 pics but relatively far away about the rubicon decal being covered and the air gap in between the PPF and paint. Anyone can show a closer up pic given the amount of interest in this thread?
Sponsored