Sponsored

Official 2019 Wrangler Info Inside

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
The point being that had I waited, not only would there be very little in the way of upgrades but also a major increase in price from when I purchased mine...again...I'd be disappointed that I didn't buy in 2018 had I waited until the 2019 model came out.
Adaptive cruise is a pretty big upgrade. The last few price increases came with nothing at all and it’s not even guaranteed to have a price increase in 2019.
Either way. Every month without a Jeep is a month without a Jeep payment. I now have almost a year’s worth of payment saved up waiting for the right options and quality improvements.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It's interesting how JK changed every year. Options changes, all new color palette, etc. Now, with all this "increased capacity" to produce Wranglers, they are not changing anything going to a new model year. Funny.

I'm glad to see the Pentastar engine remain without DI, eTorque, FI, etc. Simple is better. Simple is less expensive. Simple is more reliable.

Bikini on a Sahara is going to look great. It's going to be the 1990s all over again. If you could get a Bikini Sahara with a tan soft top and tan interior...wow. That might be a cool combo.
Considering 2018 wasn't a full year, in fact you could still get a 2018 JK, I'm not surprised that very little changed for 2019.

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Available on Sahara and Rubicon four-door models, Sky One-Touch powertop...did I miss something and this was always available on Rubi? I thought is was only on Sahara.
If Jeep goes back to standard KM BFGs what a horrendous mistake. Optional fine, but K02's are so much better and should remain standard.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Considering 2018 wasn't a full year, in fact you could still get a 2018 JK, I'm not surprised that very little changed for 2019.
The JKs didn’t really have any big changes that often. It was mostly colors and special editions. Interior changed in 2011, 5 years into the product cycle. 2012 was new engine. 2013 was premium top option. 2014-18 was just clear turn signals and stuff.
It looks like adaptive cruise was probably supposed to come out in 2018 but probably just wasn’t ready in time.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Available on Sahara and Rubicon four-door models, Sky One-Touch powertop...did I miss something and this was always available on Rubi? I thought is was only on Sahara.
If Jeep goes back to standard KM BFGs what a horrendous mistake. Optional fine, but K02's are so much better and should remain standard.
Yup. Always an option for both.

Sponsored

Phyz

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier NISMO
I dislike Bikini as much as I liked Mojito, and I liked Mojito a lot! Terrible decision.

Nice to see the safety features get beefed up. Seems there won't be a 2018 JL crash tested at IIHS. I'll hope to see how a 2019 does.

Some of the newest SUVs are crash-test awful, especially from American nameplates. There are reasons to suspect better performance of the JL over the JK, but only the crash test can tell. Some will dismiss crash tests in general or IIHS in particular, but it's still better than "some dude on the Internet said...".

Trdogs55

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Will (can) adaptive cruise be an option if ordering with a manual transmission? Never really thought about driving a manual with ACC.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Will (can) adaptive cruise be an option if ordering with a manual transmission? Never really thought about driving a manual with ACC.
Not sure, but I know other cars do it.
It works the same as cruise control with a manual, as in when it gets to slow for the gear, the engine starts bogging down and you have to shift yourself. That usually disengages the cruise, so you have to resume after you shift.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Where are the front 'safety' sensors located? If they are in the front bumper...problems for those of us who will want to replace the OEM bumper with an aftermarket one.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The JKs didn’t really have any big changes that often. It was mostly colors and special editions. Interior changed in 2011, 5 years into the product cycle. 2012 was new engine. 2013 was premium top option. 2014-18 was just clear turn signals and stuff.
It looks like adaptive cruise was probably supposed to come out in 2018 but probably just wasn’t ready in time.
There were running changes to improve quality control also.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Where are the front 'safety' sensors located? If they are in the front bumper...problems for those of us who will want to replace the OEM bumper with an aftermarket one.
It’s in the mirror. It’s just a camera.

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Pretty sure this is the forward collision warning camera. The picture came from spy shots of the Scrambler.

jeep-wrangler-scrampbler-pickup-46-1.jpg

GlowingGhoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, WK2 SRT
I dislike Bikini as much as I liked Mojito, and I liked Mojito a lot! Terrible decision.

Nice to see the safety features get beefed up. Seems there won't be a 2018 JL crash tested at IIHS. I'll hope to see how a 2019 does.

Some of the newest SUVs are crash-test awful, especially from American nameplates. There are reasons to suspect better performance of the JL over the JK, but only the crash test can tell. Some will dismiss crash tests in general or IIHS in particular, but it's still better than "some dude on the Internet said...".
Speaking of 'some dude on the internet', how did you come to that conclusion about American branded SUV's? I've looked at IIHS and NHTSA, and the data primarily points to your assertion being the kind of the cuff remark I expect from contemptuous Japanese car fanbois, not one based in reality.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Speaking of 'some dude on the internet', how did you come to that conclusion about American branded SUV's? I've looked at IIHS and NHTSA, and the data primarily points to your assertion being the kind of the cuff remark I expect from contemptuous Japanese car fanbois, not one based in reality.
Hear, hear. Look at Suburban/Yukon - if I have to choose an SUV to crash in, that’s the one I pick! In fact, let me crash my Yukon XL into any of your unibody Japanese “SUVs” and we’ll see who fares better. :)

I hate that 1980’s quality comparisons still have legs.
Sponsored