2 Door JL Rubicon or Sport S?

2 Door JL Rubicon or Sport S?

• Total voters

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Can’t afford the Rubi, don’t want the Sport S.

So I’ll wait to see a Willys edition equivalent, which will hopefully be sometime soon

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Can’t afford the Rubi, don’t want the Sport S.

So I’ll wait to see a Willys edition equivalent, which will hopefully be sometime soon
Sport S for me, can't afford the Rubi either. Would love a Willys (almost bought a JK Willys about a month ago) but I will need a new vehicle some time in the summer or fall. If they announce a 2019 Willys I could probably hold out.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm still on the fence about going back to a 2-door, but it's Rubicon for me. For all the off-roading features that the Rubicon comes with, the 4:1 transfer case is probably my favorite.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I almost ditched the JL and purchased a used 2dr JK Willy's this weekend (had some light damage to the rear 1/4 & fender.) I planned on stretching it, and putting together some beefier axles under it. Sadly it sold to someone right before I arrived.
With the entry price of the JL(Even the Sport S) I wouldn't have the money to throw into axles, suspension etc. That's why im going with a Rubicon. If it can safely run 35s on the factory axles, I will live dangerously with 37s and a mild lift(I daily drove and wheeled 37s on all my JKs with beefed up D44s.)

Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
It would cost a lot more money too build a Sport into all the same features the Rubicon has. 2" lift, 37's, new wheels, and add a winch too factory bumper. The axles are very strong and with the super low 1st gear in the new transmissions, no need too regear. 5.13 for manual and 4.71 for auto. Both super low 1st gears. I will stick with Rubi

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
That is what I am trying to determine at this point.

Love the Rubicon, just wonder if it has a lot more off-road hardware than I need.

It would cost a lot more money too build a Sport into all the same features the Rubicon has. 2" lift, 37's, new wheels, and add a winch too factory bumper. The axles are very strong and with the super low 1st gear in the new transmissions, no need too regear. 5.13 for manual and 4.71 for auto. Both super low 1st gears. I will stick with Rubi

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
If your not going to offroad much or do any rock crawling then stick with the Sport S. Im sure it will look just as good as a Rubi with a small lift and 33-35s. I know plenty of people that daily drive their JK sport's with 35s and 3.5" of lift without any issues. To the untrained eye most can't tell the difference between a lifted Rubi with aftermarket wheels & 35s compared to a sport with the same(except for the hood badge on the JK)

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Rubicon. Maybe the Most capable stock vehicle ever produced. Just wish there was a green.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Rubicon. Maybe the Most capable stock vehicle ever produced. Just wish there was a green.
There is a green.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Don't need all what the Rubi offers but want all what the sport s doesn't so it's Rubi for me.

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
There is no doubt about it. Definitely the most capable off road vehicle ever produced. As for Mojito!. I love it but it is not for everyone. I loved the Electric Lime Green on TJ\LJ. Some didn't
Sponsored