Falcon shocks install for $400

• Total voters

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
Hello everyone, i have a sahara with the RC 2.5 spacer boost and 35 inch C rated ko2 and let me tell you the ride quality is impressive, very close to stock. Now i want to enhance it even further and it seems the falcon 2.1 monotube shocks are the best choice for my daily driver which i do tons of city driving and these NY city streets are horrible full of bumps and potholes and i want to cruise them at fast speeds without too much wobble but a good combination of softness and stability. Has anyone have any experience with this combination? If so please share them. In addition, they quoted me $400 just for installation of these 4 shocks. Is that a good price?; i feel is little pricey. Let me know. Thanks
Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the falcons with the RC lift for a day or two and I think the quality was really good. better than the stocks with extensions for sure. I also feel it's a bit better than my rock krawler now. If you have any mechanical knowledge and a jack the shocks are about as easy of an install as you will get, however if you don't $400 doesn't seem too bad. You could also go with the route of finding a friend that will let you use his shop for a case of beer.

OP
OP
RedJlu

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran the falcons with the RC lift for a day or two and I think the quality was really good. better than the stocks with extensions for sure. I also feel it's a bit better than my rock krawler now. If you have any mechanical knowledge and a jack the shocks are about as easy of an install as you will get, however if you don't $400 doesn't seem too bad. You could also go with the route of finding a friend that will let you use his shop for a case of beer.
Thanks for the info, i might have to pay lol. My current ride quality is good but i feel it could be better hence why im considering this.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I have the EVO 2.5" lift with shock extensions and have been pondering going this route as well. It rides amazing but figure it could be even better with better shocks. So I'll be following this thread to see what others say.

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully it works out as good for you as it did when I have it. I've actually recommended to a couple other people, especially if you don't go off road a ton.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You own the shocks and the install alone is $400? That's too much.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have this combo (RC spacer lift and falcons but on 33” KO2s) and really enjoy it. I’ll likely upgrade to a nicer lift later, but overall, the ride is good.

Regarding the difficulty for shock install. This is super easy. My 14 year old son and I installed it in our driveway and I’m sure I could have done it by myself. However, $400 is well spent if you’re not confident in doing it. Better to be safe than sorry for sure.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I like the falcons. Just installed the nexus steering stabilizer. I have been happy with them, currently installed on the RK 2.5” lift, running 37’s. As mentioned above, super easy install, $400 is nuts.

OP
OP
RedJlu

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the falcons. Just installed the nexus steering stabilizer. I have been happy with them, currently installed on the RK 2.5” lift, running 37’s. As mentioned above, super easy install, $400 is nuts.
I also thought about the falcon nexus stabilizer but have heard that with my setup is not noticible difference, its use has more sense from 37 inch tires and up. Not sure if its accurate but i beleive it because my stock ones handle very good. Any info on this?

OP
OP
RedJlu

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this combo (RC spacer lift and falcons but on 33” KO2s) and really enjoy it. I’ll likely upgrade to a nicer lift later, but overall, the ride is good.

Regarding the difficulty for shock install. This is super easy. My 14 year old son and I installed it in our driveway and I’m sure I could have done it by myself. However, $400 is well spent if you’re not confident in doing it. Better to be safe than sorry for sure.
Yeah i want to invest 1k (product and install) and feel a noticible difference. Was it like that for you?

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I also thought about the falcon nexus stabilizer but have heard that with my setup is not noticible difference, its use has more sense from 37 inch tires and up. Not sure if its accurate but i beleive it because my stock ones handle very good. Any info on this?
I really put it on because I have to be all matchy matchy. It rides good, has three different settings which are used depending if you are onroad/Offroad or a mix of both.

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Its an OK setup for what you'd be doing with it.... If it were me I'd drive and see if I could blow out the stocks or wait until theres a need. the Stock shocks should be "ok " with 35's especially those bfg's. Oh wait you have a sahara.

OP
OP
RedJlu

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really put it on because I have to be all matchy matchy. It rides good, has three different settings which are used depending if you are onroad/Offroad or a mix of both.
Ok, when you put it for city driving, how does it behave?

OP
OP
RedJlu

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its an OK setup for what you'd be doing with it.... If it were me I'd drive and see if I could blow out the stocks or wait until theres a need. the Stock shocks should be "ok " with 35's especially those bfg's. Oh wait you have a sahara.
Yeah i see everyone selling the rubicon ones and no one sells the sahara lol
Sponsored