shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
The ordered JLUR is on its way, and since the window sticker published this morning, it's now listed on my dealer's website.

DON'T TRY TO SELL MY ORDER LIKE YOU ALMOST SOLD ME SOMEONE ELSE'S :like:
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The ordered JLUR is on its way, and since the window sticker published this morning, it's now listed on my dealer's website.

DON'T TRY TO SELL MY ORDER LIKE YOU ALMOST SOLD ME SOMEONE ELSE'S :like:
Do what I did . Go there the day of the truck arrival , meet it at the truck , take both keys , and then inspect it yourself . You will be in the driver's seat . Also , you might tell the dealer in writing about your concern it is advertised on their website .

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Do what I did . Go there the day of the truck arrival , meet it at the truck , take both keys , and then inspect it yourself . You will be in the driver's seat . Also , you might tell the dealer in writing about your concern it is advertised on their website .

Oh I did. Texted him this morning and politely stated "yeah don't sell it to someone else..." He said it's marked as "sold" in their system, which wasn't very reassuring b/c I'm pretty sure the first Jeep should've been, too (assuming that system is checked...).

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
I think this may be more common than we would think... so I looked at my window sticker today and I have to say I feel bad for Mary in Inverness.... I have her Jeep. Her dealership traded her jeep to the dealership I was working with to sell to me. I guess they called after they sold it to me and asked if it had been delivered to me yet. I thought the salesman was just trying to make me feel like I got lucky finding this jeep. But after reading this thread I pulled out the window sticker... and sure enough it says "This vehicle was built especially for Mary ####". I know if I was in the OP's position... or Mary's... I'd probably explode. :angry:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I think this may be more common than we would think... so I looked at my window sticker today and I have to say I feel bad for Mary in Inverness.... I have her Jeep. Her dealership traded her jeep to the dealership I was working with to sell to me. I guess they called after they sold it to me and asked if it had been delivered to me yet. I thought the salesman was just trying to make me feel like I got lucky finding this jeep. But after reading this thread I pulled out the window sticker... and sure enough it says "This vehicle was built especially for Mary ####". I know if I was in the OP's position... or Mary's... I'd probably explode. :angry:
Especially as Inverness is in Scotland . Scots people do not take kindly to this sort of insult .

Sponsored

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Yeah, we'll see what happens w/ my Jeep while it's in transit.

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Meet your Jeep as it is unloaded from the truck . That's only way , because the window sticker will have your name printed .
That's the plan, provided my JeepGarage.org updates/dealer "updates" are timely and accurate.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I think this may be more common than we would think
Dealers never pause ; they sell something to anyone who walks in . Maybe they will sell the Jeeps which are in for service .

If they could get away with it , they would sell the dealership itself , to any Joe Schmoe .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
That's the plan, provided my JeepGarage.org updates/dealer "updates" are timely and accurate.
I found out by calling my dealer . They have a computer source which even tells them where the train is , and the day it is loaded on the truck , for delivery the next day .

I showed up the next morning , and in late morning the truck arrived . I grabbed the keys to my Jeep and locked it . I went in and paid by check and got my bill of sale , and left to go to gas station myself . Haven't had my Jeep back to dealer during past 31K miles .

Sponsored

jfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Living the dream
Especially as Inverness is in Scotland . Scots people do not take kindly to this sort of insult .
:cwl: neither do Floridians.... they are all batshit crazy... we... I meant we. :computerrage:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, you read that correctly. I saw a JLUR listed as inbound to my local dealer and it had every option I wanted. I went by the other day and signed all of the paperwork, signed the title to my Denali over to them, and paid the ~$4,000 in taxes/fees. Yesterday, I got the call that the Jeep was in and made arrangements to pick it up this morning.

I got to the the dealer about 2 hours ago, met w/ my salesman, saw the Jeep (gorgeous), took the plates off the Denali, and then he pulled the Jeep around and parked it. He walked up to me and said "Just a second..." and then I didn't see him for 20-30 minutes.

He and a manager I had spoken to before finally came back holding the window sticker. It said "This Jeep was custom made for John Doe". Needless to say, there was some cursing and a raised voice on my part. How does that even happen? Are you fucking kidding me? I already bought it (apparently so had the other guy).

They're (allegedly) now looking into the system to find a near-exact match and then arranging transport to get it here. I told them I wanted the same Jeep or better, and I'm not paying a single penny more.

Seriously? :mad:
That's a hot mess.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
:cwl: neither do Floridians.... they are all batshit crazy... we... I meant we. :computerrage:
You and Mary are not bat-nuts ; you both are merely victims of the dealer salesmen games .

OP
OP
shacdaddy

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
That's a hot mess.
Right. Different Jeep is on order and about to be in transit. If they sell it to someone else, y'all might see me on the news.

(joking, FBI, joking)