Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I still am waiting for the perfect mount.

I have an iPhone X. At night I have a wireless charging stand that I can use it for my clock. However my mount in the Jeep is magnetic so you have to add the steel plate into the case to hold it. Well at night then I have to take the phone from the case to charge it. No perfect.

I would love a mount that mounts the phone just to the left of uconnect where mine is currently. Then if the phone holster had a lighting jack built in so you simply put the phone in and it is now connected and charging in the car. I could then get rid of the metal plate and not have to remove from case at night.

Can someone really smart get on that

F2817D08-1A04-4608-B47F-060AFEDD4401.jpeg
Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe

Bigmike51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I use ProClip mounts in all my vehicles. Stable as hell and well made. Got an email today that they finally have one for the JL, although won’t be shipping for a week or so. Can post pics when mine comes in. Email with link and part number below:

ProClip mounts for the new Wrangler JL are now available for Advance Ordering!

Hello and thank you for your interest in our ProClip products. You have asked us to notify you when new mounts becomes available for the new Wrangler JL. The mount listed below is available for Advanced Ordering. We do not have inventory available to ship today, however, we do anticipate the mounts to be available for shipping within the week.

Here is the available part number:

To view the mount and installation instructions online, you can enter the part number in the “Search by item number” box in the upper right corner at www.ProClipUSA.com. https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount

We do occasionally run specials and promotional discounts. These discounts can only be found on our blog and Facebook pages as well as customers who have opted in to our email notices. For your convenience, here are direct links to our blog, Facebook and email notice sign-up pages:

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
Went with the Quad Lock suggested by @fzdan4256 . I'd never heard of them before but love them now. The other holders have a bracket, arm, or other contraption hanging around when not in use. This one is clean... it looks like a button that's meant to be there. Hold the phone up, twist.

20180823_151801.jpg

Sponsored

farris2003

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S Soft Top 6-Speed, 2015 VW Jetta TDI SEL
I'm looking at a JLU Sport S with Technology Group. Does the Uconnect 4 with 7" display show navigation or maps? I've never seen it in operation. I use my Android phone to navigate. If not for that, I'd rather not mount it.
Puts the navigation from your phone right on the screen. Only problem is that you have to have to use a cable to transmit the data as it cannot be transmitted through Bluetooth that I am aware of!

Bigmike51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Proclip just released their product for the jl today. Not sure how I like that it obstructs the view through the windshield or blocks an air vent. https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount
It does seem to ride high up on the dash, and they do in my other vehicles as well, will be interesting to see how that goes with a smaller windshield in the jeep. You can turn them to landscape to solve both of those issues. I tried some windshield mounts and all of them were terrible and bounced around like crazy. I’ll trade a little space just so I don’t see my phone constantly shaking out of the corner of my eye.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I too thought the slot inbetween the cup holders was for a phone...my pizel xl fits perfectly there lol. Never even thought to put the key there.

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
It does seem to ride high up on the dash, and they do in my other vehicles as well, will be interesting to see how that goes with a smaller windshield in the jeep. You can turn them to landscape to solve both of those issues. I tried some windshield mounts and all of them were terrible and bounced around like crazy. I’ll trade a little space just so I don’t see my phone constantly shaking out of the corner of my eye.
I have one in my mk6 Jetta and it doesn't go past the dash. I have the iPhone x hard wire mount so no landscape for that. I currently have it in the same mount but it's attached to the vent with a command strips and putty and it takes up a vent. Holds up well but I'd like to switch it up a bit.

74F444A5-A4C2-4BCB-9F3C-0396DE14EDF8.jpeg

Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Puts the navigation from your phone right on the screen. Only problem is that you have to have to use a cable to transmit the data as it cannot be transmitted through Bluetooth that I am aware of!
I thought the manual said that after the initial usb-wired connection, Android Auto would also connect via Bluetooth. Page 279 of the User Guide.

dcarey13

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Agreed. I jut got mine yesterday and it's really cool. In the past, I've never used a case/cover for my iPhone 8, so I was a tad concerned. But the case is sleek and the "slot" on the back doesn't bulge out much at all. The mount seems quite secure and - as others have noted - it blends in nicely when not in use. My only concern in how I'll ever get it off :)
Sponsored