Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I posted about Tread Lightly, car buying services, Group Buys, and Golden tickets here back in May. Now that people are ready to think about pricing it seems more relevant.

So I thought I would cover the Golden Ticket again since it hasn't gotten any real play here yet.

TLDR: Go to jeep.com and sign up for brochures and you might get a coupon worth $500.

So what is the golden ticket? It is a cash incentive to purchase. usually $500. Sometimes $1000. They cover all Jeep vehicles and sometimes even all Chrysler vehicles. They come in the mail or email. Now there are a lot of urban legends about Golden Tickets so I spoke with Jeep Incentives today and confirmed that all of them are true. So here is the run down:

1 - Do regular people actually get these things or are they just for rainbow-shitting unicorns who brag on the Internet? They are actually real. I have gotten at least 3 over the years. They can come in the mail like a postcard or bundled with a brochure or you can get them in email. I threw away the cards once they expired (though I did carry one around in my briefcase for a year like I was Gollum and it was a f^#$ing ring). But I did manage to dig up an email that referenced one:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.08.21 PM.jpg

That's a Golden Ticket. No it is not Gold. The FCA Incentive people call it a TDM which stands for Targeted Direct Mail. And they expire. You have to take delivery and use it before the expiration date.

2 - How do I get one? To get one go to the Jeep site and sign up for brochures. Say that you are going to buy a new vehicle soon. Sign up for both email and actual mail. That puts you on a list. Then names are selected at random from the list.

3 - They won't do incentives for the new Wrangler because it is too new and in demand, will they? The new Wrangler is not some special edition. It is a full production vehicle and they want to sell all of them and all the JKs too. They generally do not exclude full production vehicles from these offers. As you can see from the example above they don't just apply to the Wrangler they apply to all Jeep vehicles and in the fine print a lot of time they apply to all Chrysler vehicles.

4 - So should I just go to the Jeep.com site and say I am interested in the new Wrangler? You should do that. But also say that you are interested in a bunch of other Jeep and Chrysler vehicles too. The woman I spoke too could not confirm that they pull from different lists for different campaigns based on what vehicles you are interested in but it stands to reason. I have always requested Wrangler brochures but also less popular vehicles just in case. I'm not proud of it but for a few years I said Yes. I do think I will buy a Jeep Patriot in the next 3-6 months.

5 - What if it comes in the mail and my wife just throws it away not realizing it is worth $500! The good news is if they have a certificate on file they will honor it. You can call the Jeep incentives line at any time and ask if you have any TDMs on file. They will look it up for you. Here's the number: 1-800-227-0757.

I think that is it. Good Luck!
Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I just received a $500 off reward via email today but it expires Jan 2nd! Hope I get another one in a few months when the Wrangler is more likely to arrive on the lot.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Unfortunately these are not always good on all models. In the last 30 days I've seen 20+ that aren't good on Wranglers. That and SRT or Hybrid Pacificas. Those are the vehicles they generally exclude. It's worth a shot for sure as you never know. I've bought a lot of vehicles and have signed up for everything I could and still have never had one in my name.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately these are not always good on all models. In the last 30 days I've seen 20+ that aren't good on Wranglers. That and SRT or Hybrid Pacificas. Those are the vehicles they generally exclude. It's worth a shot for sure as you never know. I've bought a lot of vehicles and have signed up for everything I could and still have never had one in my name.
I've heard of exclusions for SRT and Hybrid Pacificas but never the Wrangler. Good to know.

Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
I just received a $500 off reward via email today but it expires Jan 2nd! Hope I get another one in a few months when the Wrangler is more likely to arrive on the lot.
Likewise. Which sucks as it’s my firs golden ticket.

JohnF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willy's
Received one today but like someone else said it expires on Jan 2nd. I will most likely have ordered one by then but it won't be here.

Here is the fine print. Looks like it can be used on Wranglers.

Excludes 2017 Chrysler 200 Sedan, Pacifica Hybrid, Dodge Viper, FIAT 500e, 500 Hatchback Pop, 500X Pop, Jeep Compass (Old MK Body Model), Patriot and 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, FIAT 500e, 500 Hatchback Pop and 500X Pop)

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
SIGH ...

Just received an email from Jeep today with a $500 'Bonus Cash Allowance' offer. Unfortunately, I would have to take possession by 02/28/18, and I'm not expecting to get a JL until April.

On a related matter, does anyone know how these play along (or not) with 'under invoice' deals like Koons and others?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW Jetta
Occupation
Leak Detective
SIGH ...

Just received an email from Jeep today with a $500 'Bonus Cash Allowance' offer. Unfortunately, I would have to take possession by 02/28/18, and I'm not expecting to get a JL until April.

On a related matter, does anyone know how these play along (or not) with 'under invoice' deals like Koons and others?
I got the same email this morning. Will not be ordering until late spring/early summer. Had my hopes up till I looked at the expiration date.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
SIGH ...

I got it too and should be able to use it! I don't see the JL excluded. My JL is supposed to be delivered before the end of the month.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Got one too. I am really going to have to think hard about whether I should save the money and go ahead and get a JKU.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I got mine today too. Sounds like a lot went out.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I just got one too. good through 2/28/18. Looks like it will work for me! Hurry up Jeep! I want my JLUR!

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So are they turning out to be 30 day expirations? If I get one, it expires before I order, can I get a brochure again and possibly get one? Or is that a good chance of taking you out of the running?

Status
Not open for further replies.